DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hello,

New to forum but not to SW.

I am going it alone with the aid of a starter pack as I don't have time or money for the local groups or online version.

I must admit I struggle often, I am the complete opposite of a veggie and I love my choc and cheese (why can't there be a diet you can eat loads of both and lose weight! lol )

I love my snacking as well...so really need to hunt out recipes for little baked bits etc as I love flapjacks, cheese straws etc.

Being naughty and browsing at work (crappy job with nothing to do...roll on Weds as I have an interview elsewhere local to home!) so will do some recipe hunting I think.

If anyone has any suggestions of good threads for recipes like that I can jump too then please help! lol

I like the 'what's for breakfast/dinner/tea' threads and also there is one called 'your number 1 favorite recipe' which has got some great food ideas on it... I like it as I am the only one to do dinner and I'm always expected to come up with something and sometimes I get bored of thinking lol :)

Do u know what it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be!! I'm feing hungry now and can't wait for my tea but I've just got on with it really knowing tomorro is a completely different day haha! Will try and be healthy on my 'Normal' days but it does say if u want a treat have a treat!

In other news guess whose getting the keys to their 1st home on Friday?!?! Yes us!!!! So thrilled it's taken forever!! :D x

Yay for the keys! Will be so worth the wait! :)

I managed yesterday on around 600 cals.. Not quite 500 but I had to have something when I got back from a couple of hours in school - was hot and weary so I had an apple! Looking forward to a green day today I think... ** Gonna do another low cal day on Wed i think, so will be checking out some meal plans for that. And having vowed not to weigh myself until Friday WI, I so nearly did this morning but I walked away! Woo hoo!

Gpuk, nice one on the dress :) look forward to the update - 7lb will def make all the difference :)

Omg I weighed in today and lost 3lbs but haven't stopped eating crap all day I better be gud for the rest of the week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Omg I weighed in today and lost 3lbs but haven't stopped eating crap all day I better be gud for the rest of the week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done!
Nothing wrong with a little treat, but don't let it sabotage your good work!
Good luck for the week ahead :)

Evening all, it was my son's sports day today and I am afraid I succumbed to some picnic nibbles, but have done some just dance and Wii fit this evening to try and minimise damage lol back on it 100% tomorrow, work days are so much easier :)

Last edited:
I am having a bad day today - I had a nasty fall from my horse last night and ended up coming home from work at lunchtime as I felt like rubbish. I seem to have eaten all afternoon and evening, however I am hoping that most of it being fruit might not be as bad as all that.

Hi all,

I'm returning to SW but doing it from home as the consultant isn't the best. I figured I'd just get out the old recipe books and go it alone. Going to weigh in every Friday and really hoping I stick to it. Hubby doesn't help with bringing treats home all the time...!

I'm baaaaaaack *waves*

Toronto was amazing, the food even more so!

Am easing myself back into healthy eating with calorie counting and am back at the gym too. Have walked 5.5 miles today and did 7 miles on Sunday. Am following SW rules too, i.e red/green/extra easy day but I want to keep an eye on how many calories I'm consuming.

So how is everyone? Hope you're all doing we. I'm sure there's lots of new faces here as I've been away for so long! I'll try to keep up to date each day now that I'm back in the zone ;)

Hi all,

I'm returning to SW but doing it from home as the consultant isn't the best. I figured I'd just get out the old recipe books and go it alone. Going to weigh in every Friday and really hoping I stick to it. Hubby doesn't help with bringing treats home all the time...!

Hi Louise. My husband is the same, he comes home with all sorts of things, or waits until he knows I'm about to cave and suggests a takeaway! Think I need to re-marry and find a fitness instructor or something to keep me on track! Haha.

Good luck with the plan. I'm falling off the wagon big time at the mo, just waiting for something to click and get me motivated again.

Thanks Lizzy! He came home with M&S sweeties! I did manage to resist though!

Good luck with getting back on the wagon, it's so hard! I went back to group and lasted 6 weeks and gave up as the consultant wasn't that great. Have a wedding in 6 weeks so hoping that will motivate me :)

Hey Ladies!
Well it's my 2nd Fast Day today so wish me luck haha! (I know I shouldn't be using this forum anymore but I'm still gunna chat to all you lovely ladies regardless! Haha!)
So I'll be weighing on a Monday from now on as I started the 5:2 diet this Monday.
I weighed myself today so I had an idea as I normally WI on a Wed and so far I'm 1.25lbs down which I'm made up about! Here's to a good loss on Monday! :D
x

Hey Ladies!
Well it's my 2nd Fast Day today so wish me luck haha! (I know I shouldn't be using this forum anymore but I'm still gunna chat to all you lovely ladies regardless! Haha!)
So I'll be weighing on a Monday from now on as I started the 5:2 diet this Monday.
I weighed myself today so I had an idea as I normally WI on a Wed and so far I'm 1.25lbs down which I'm made up about! Here's to a good loss on Monday! :D
x

Hey Ladies!
x

Good luck Tilly! X

Hey Ladies!
x

Good luck Tilly!

Hey Toni, your pics looked fab, very jealous! Did you put much weight on? I always balloon on holidays lol I really need to get back on track, slowly but surely creeping up. It's soooo blimin hot tho, running is the last thing on my mind.

Good luck on 5:2 Tilly, it does work. I suffered pretty bad headaches so stopped

How is everyone in this random very hot weather?! xxx

Thanks Jen! Was just thinking how well I'm doing then bang my vision has started to go blurred like I'm gunna get a migraine :( Hope it's not the start of one as I've got my MRI Scan today on my shoulder! x

I put on 6lbs in the two weeks I was off work, think 4lb of that was in Canada. Should be able to get that off in a couple of weeks if I keep being good.

5:2 I found was ok Tilly but I didn't find the weight stayed off for long - that could just be that it wasn't strict enough for me the other 5 days so I over ate, or ate the wrong foods. Calorie counting mixed with SW works for me so here I go again!

Hi everyone, tried the new Warburton escapes today, like little triangles of baked pitta bread, salt and vinegar, 5 syns for a 25g bag, they were lovely :)

They sound yum:)
Can't wait to eat again tomorrow!

Back