DOING SW FROM HOME???

Was doing really well, then I came home to dad's cooking. Sausages, scrambled egg and bacon. At least the bacon was grilled, not fried, so I could count that as free since I cut off the fat, and the milk in the scrambled eggs I could count as part of my hexa, but the sausages? Oops. I know for a fact he's doing a roast dinner tomorrow. With his Yorkshire puddings that you have to scrape off the ceiling of the oven, they're that high...might just not have one. I think I need to speak to him severely about his dinners, they are never healthy. Seriously - pizza yesterday, sausage, egg and bacon today, roast dinner tomorrow...... There's no way I save up enough syns to cover his meals. Does anyone else have a similar problem, live with someone who insists on cooking, but doesn't do it healthily? I'm going to try and get some nice recipes and give them to him - try to persuade him to cook something SW friendly!!

Hi Elf Maybe if you tell him that you are on a healthy eating plan which you are really enjoying and that you are feeling so much better on, rather than using the word diet he will understand what sort of food you want to eat. That way you can pick out the good things on offer rather than getting stressed about over synning. Xx

Hi elfdaughter, luckily I do the cooking at home but I go to mom and dads once or twice a week and dad is really into baking. I try to make sure I have all my syns for that day available and am learning to say no to stuff although its difficult when dad has been trying out a new recipe and wants me to try it out...scones, cakes bread etc!!

Thanks, you two! Yeah, I'll speak to him. Hopefully he'll get the message!!

Id find it impossible to do if someone else was cooking. My partner frys stuff in oil even tho im on a diet so his is separate from mine. Today we are having roast beef and veg so the roast potatoes are doing back stroke up the baking tin in oil lol. So ill just have the meat and veg.

In the oven cooking as well as the beef is sw bacon mushrooms pepper and onion quiche. Thats todays tea and tomorrow dinner.

Has anyone tried the beef goulash from the website? Ive bought all the ingredients to make it in slow cooker tomorrow for tea.

Not tried the slimming world one but trying the beef goulash from hairy dieters website this week will let you know what that's like.

just cooked and eaten a lovely sunday roast chicken dinner. managed to only have stuffing and gravy as syns.....was almost tempted by a yorkshire pudding but thought better of it and let the kids eat them. got a wide variety of fruits....strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, cherries and grapes so planning a giant fruit salad for later. if got enough syns left i might be able to sneak in a curly wurly.....here's hoping :D.

6 syns for curly wurly unfortunately just used my last syns for biscuits to go with cheese (hex a) and grapes so curly wurly will have to wait till tomorrow

Hi the Jessieh90 welcome to minimins : I'm pretty strict with myself about only recording my weight once a week. Have you tried to move the scales out of the way like under the bed, in the wardrobe ......boot of the car? lol :scale: just until you get into the habit of having 1 WI a week. xxx

I think I am going to have to hide the scales! The temptation is just too much!!

How long did you cook goulash for in the slow cooker? Making the bikers one tomorrow and might stick in slow cooker and reduce amount of liquid.

Back