DOING SW FROM HOME???

Had a good day yesterday after syn day on sunday. Trying not to use all my syns everyday to make up for the over indulgence. Even opted for yoghurt and berries last night instead of chocolate. Back is really hurting today so need to make sure i dont go for comfort eating.

I'm back too, like a yo-yo me:copon:, but I must say SW is the one for me and I really enjoy cooking too. Started back yesterday and have been looking through posts on here as I am doing it from home as I work an hour away from home, have 2 children and a hubby who works shifts so the last thing I want to do is sit in class for 1 or 2 hours - time is short! Also would rather treat myself to a new outfit or bag with the money saved for every goal I reach.
Good luck to you all x

First weigh in this morning, down 1.2 lbs, thought it'd be more but I'll take it, the nearer I get to my goal the slower it comes off but I have to keep telling myself it didn't go on over night so it's not gonna come off over night!

me to Sarah and for much the same reasons, found I was paying for the class and not always going, started back on it yday properly going to try 5 days sw and 2 fast days, will see how it goes, fab site for supporting each others, really inspired by how so well others are doing. good luck this week x

Hello all, am back and put on weight. Sooo gutted, don't know what's wrong with me, no motivation at all :-(

Hopefully my good ol friends on here will help me xxx

I think loads of us have put on weight due to the holiday season - I know I have. We will get rid of it and get to goal. You have already done so well - you will deal with this.

Had 2 days on red and did extra easy plan today. Hoping for a weight loss this week. I've been using 15 syns a day. Does anyone else feel guilty using the full syn allowance? I usually aim for 10.

Made slimming world crumble today using blackberries picked yesterday on a lovely blackberry picking walk. Really miss my puddings....anyone got any low syn pudding recipe ideas?

Sara, how about making chickpea and apricot cake - that's wonderful hot, just like sponge pudding! If you leave out the apricots it won't cost you a HexB, just have it with fresh fruit instead. I used vanilla extract instead of almond. I know it sounds weird but it's yum!

1 tin chickpeas (drained & rinsed thoroughly)
1 tspn baking powder (½ syn)
4 tbspns Splenda (stays sweet during cooking unlike other sweeteners)
3 eggs
70gms dried apricots, chopped (HexB)
Almond extract
-----------------------------------------
Pre-heat oven to 180C
Line a small loaf or 7-8" sponge tin with baking parchment or spray it with Frylight
Blend together everything except the apricots until the mixture looks like cake mix. Stir in the apricots, put mixture into tin and bake for about 30 mins or until cooked.

Hope this works for you if you haven't already tried it!

Hello everyone, just a quick intro from me...started SW (at home) on Monday. I have done the SW eating plan successfully before, but this time I'm not able to join a group and attend the meetings, so I thought I would come along and join you ladies ( hope you don't mind )
Start weight a staggering 17st 8.5 lbs...

Sara, how about making chickpea and apricot cake - that's wonderful hot, just like sponge pudding! If you leave out the apricots it won't cost you a HexB, just have it with fresh fruit instead. I used vanilla extract instead of almond. I know it sounds weird but it's yum!

1 tin chickpeas (drained & rinsed thoroughly)
1 tspn baking powder (½ syn)
4 tbspns Splenda (stays sweet during cooking unlike other sweeteners)
3 eggs
70gms dried apricots, chopped (HexB)
Almond extract
-----------------------------------------
Pre-heat oven to 180C
Line a small loaf or 7-8" sponge tin with baking parchment or spray it with Frylight
Blend together everything except the apricots until the mixture looks like cake mix. Stir in the apricots, put mixture into tin and bake for about 30 mins or until cooked.

Hope this works for you if you haven't already tried it!

Sounds yummy - I want to try this today!

Back