DOING SW FROM HOME???

Welcome to all the new ladies...trying to catch up with you all.
Been a bit AWOL again this week as my little girl has been off this week with the cold that knocked me sideways last week.
Diet wise I have been 100% to plan! which has been a challenge as I have the serious munchies this week :cool: But no time to get out walking, so had no exercise at all.

Well done for being on plan for the week qith the munchies and all. Hope your little one gets better soon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Tiger lilly.I have a gastric band and it didnt work for me, everybodys idea that a gastric band is the secret to losing weight are very mistaken.what people dont know is that almost al the food you try and eat you end up spitting it back up.the best way to discribe the gastric band is its like trying to eat everything through a straw.i persevered for three years, and felt a total faliure when I decided that enough is enough and I had the fluid removed. I have since joined slimming world snd its just the best diet ever.i dont think that I am the only one, that the gastric band hasnt worked for.but not much is written about the failures

Hi Rosie 16. I'm glad I don't have to have it done. All my work colleagues think I'm stupid for not having it done. Personally I think I'm pretty smart not to have one! I wouldn't learn much from eating little as I am a big eater. And I don't think I could have done it for 3 years either. Well done for persevering. I agree that SW is the best plan going. I lost with the plan before and clearly doing it again. Thanks again Rosie :)

That's great news for you and wow half a stone in a week is amazing. Well hopefully you will find the support, strength and willpower to reach your weight loss goal. I find if I plan my food a week at a time and have plenty of free and superfree foods at hand that it really does help. I am also trying to drink 4-5 liters of water a day, no tea or coffee and I have gone sober for October for Macmillan cancer so that should help too lol. Anytime I go to eat something with syns I ask do I really need this or is there a superfree or free food I could eat I stead. I aim form up to 10 syns mon to fri and up to 15 at weekends. Xx

Planning is key with this plan and I can only muster up 2 to 3 days as I can change my mind very easily. And thw fact that some of my friends purposely sabotage me cos they can't sewm to lose weight! I told them to join me but they won't. Their loss! As for giving up alcohol......I don't have the will power for that. It's the only thing that keeps me sane! But I have cut down a hell of a lot. Could be the anwser to the weight loss!!!

I wish I could do sw from home, it would save me a hell of a lot of money. I know I don't have the will power and I'll just lie to myself.. Does anybody else find it hard?

I wish I could do sw from home, it would save me a hell of a lot of money. I know I don't have the will power and I'll just lie to myself.. Does anybody else find it hard?

I've never gone to group so I've not got a comparison. The way I look at it , if you wanna lose weight there's no point lying to yourself- if you cheat your only doing it to yourself.

I like the anonymity of being on here. I've thought about going to group but have never got further than looking at a leaflet of closest groups.

You'll get lots of advice and support on here tho. There is always someone who knows the answer or a way to find it out.

At the end of the day we're all here trying to do the same thing. Whatever works for you.

good luck with your weight loss journey - one step at a time is all we can do !! :)

Heya Ghostie, I do SW from home as I simply can't afford to join and pay the fee's weekly, also I am not great at group type things, it's just not for me. I did go to a group many many years ago and religiously every week until I got to target.
So I am doing it from home with a very old set of books, red and green days and honestly I have found the support on here far more friendly and supportive than any where else.
If you are committed and want to loose the weight then you won't lie to yourself, you will want to be chuffed and come on here and tell us all, that's a much better feeling than cheating yourself.
Good luck with it, we are all in this together :)

Yeah, I've re started over and over again and never lasted the week.. But this time feels different I've been on it for 3 weeks now and feel really into it :).. And I've got you guys on here :)

As with Kitty, I've never been to a group so I can't compare but I have found that doing SW with someone else has really helped. We meet up once a week just like you would in a group and we exchange ideas. Then I use the internet and forums like this to get even more motivation and tips. I also get the magazine every month which makes you feel like your keeping in the loop! Maybe you don't feel ready to leave the group yet but when you do you could give it a try and if it didn't work for you then you could always go back.

Jo :D

I used to go to group. Apart from the cost, I didn`t like the clapping and never having enough time to talk through any difficulties. There`s 24/7 support here for free!!

I didn`t find it too hard. It was a case of carry on as normal!!

Ghostie hopefully this is you in the zone then lol. The sw extra easy plan is just the best plan ever. I feel like I am never done eating. A typical day would be 2 or 3 pieces of fruit and fat free yoghurt for breakfast or twice a week I have a csyn free cooked breakfast of bacon medallions, eggs, mushrooms and beans. Lunch is speed soup or chicken salad usually followed by fruit, dinner is any of the gorgeous sw recipes this week I have had the mushy pea chicken curry with brown fried rice and roasted veg, BBQ chicken and lasagne all Rey tasty and all served with veg and some with sw chips or wedges. About an hour after dinner I might have a meringue nest with frozen berries and sweetener mixed with fat free yoghurt. Then an hour or so after that I have my hex a and b either having a cheese and onion toastie using nimble or a bowl of bra flakes with banana and ss milk. Of course I still have syns to fit in between all this eating lol I like ringos 14g bag only 3.5syns or a curly wurly for 6. So as you can see it is just eat eat eat lol. I hope this helps and I hope you reach your weight loss goal. This weekend I am making syn free salted chilli chicken with fried rice and I can't wait lol, good luck xx

Also doing this myself from home, have been to group in the past, but having budget as saving for our wedding :p I tend to do green days as I struggle with the 1/3 plate sff on extra easy as I'm not a salad lover, so far so good, live all the support and ideas on this site :)

Morning ladies :)

Weighed in this morning and have lost 3lb :) Feeling pleased with myself and even more encouraged to keep at this.
Good luck to all for all the weighins this week.

It's bake off time !!!

Pineapple, raspberry and apple tonight! Washed down with a green tea!

Not quite a homemade loaf ?!?

Hi everyone, I have just joined this site and doing Slimming World from home (I can't afford the class or online costs). I understand the red and green days, as I used to be a member years ago, so can follow this, but can someone please clarify what the Extra Easy plan is (this would probably suit me better, as it looks like it mixes red and green days together)? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have just joined this site and doing Slimming World from home (I can't afford the class or online costs). I understand the red and green days, as I used to be a member years ago, so can follow this, but can someone please clarify what the Extra Easy plan is (this would probably suit me better, as it looks like it mixes red and green days together)? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi !! And welcome!!

You'll get lots of help and advice on here.
Good luck!

2lb off for me this week!

was expecting a bit more but at least it's a loss!

Hi All

I am back once again from Tuesday WI as I have been at classes for 11wks now and have only lost 7lbs (was up at 9.5 but put back on!!!) Classes are obviously not helping so I will put the £5 away each week and save the pennies. Problem with doing from home is going to be the difference in the scales. Mine are different from SW ones and last night I WI at 13 3 but at home was 13 4.5. Will take a few weeks I think to see the difference between the scales!! Weighing in on a Saturday again so I can enjoy a drink or a meal if I feel like it.

Its been a crappy couple of weeks but I am hoping to get back on it. OH got home last night so hoping the stress levels go down. Work being done in the house and so many things have gone wrong and have had to deal with everything myself which has probably lead the headache L

Had the Drs last night to see about my continuous 3wk headache including 2 migraines one of which was severe. Having suffered these for nearly 15 years they are now going to send me to Neurology to see if they can see anything wrong. I am expecting they will find nothing and I will just need to keep suffering.

Anyway I will need to spend some time catching up on this thread (probably just a week back as this is a very chatty page – which I have missed! The threads don’t seem to be as chatty as this one).

Better go and update my own page with my food and some ramblings for those reading from other threads!!

X

Tiger lilly.I have a gastric band and it didnt work for me, everybodys idea that a gastric band is the secret to losing weight are very mistaken.what people dont know is that almost al the food you try and eat you end up spitting it back up.the best way to discribe the gastric band is its like trying to eat everything through a straw.i persevered for three years, and felt a total faliure when I decided that enough is enough and I had the fluid removed. I have since joined slimming world snd its just the best diet ever.i dont think that I am the only one, that the gastric band hasnt worked for.but not much is written about the failures

My Aunts OH got this done and although he has lost the weight he has found how to 'cheat' and has put some weight back on. He loves his food and is scared to get it removed. He usually ends up being sick during meals. I think I would rather enjoy the food and follow a diet through the week!

Back