DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm now doing sw at home. Done sw at group + lost 3 stone over a 2 ur period however stopped going group in sept due to illness lots of stress due to illness in my life + hav gained 1.5 stone.

Dont want to go group again so doing it fm home + getting weighed every 2-3 wks so not as pressurised.

I know what to do its the syn values I'll miss fm group bit ill just rely on minimins x

I like the idea of only getting weighed every few weeks, this deffo takes a bit of the pressure off thinking you need to see a loss every time you step on the scales. I am a self-confessed scales addict and can't walk past them without getting on them. Good luck hun :) xx

Hello all, I've started SW today and doing it from home, so thought I'd pop on here and introduce myself. I did SW very briefly in the Summer, and whilst I thought the diet was good, it wasn't the right time and I only managed a couple of weeks. I did some Calorie Counting towards the end of the year, with some success, I liked being able to eat what I wanted but some days I struggled with not having enough calories left. Christmas wasn't too bad, but the since New Year I've been dreadful, eaten far too much (nightly cheese and crackers have become a very bad habit, along with too much wine!) with the result I've put on over half a stone and my work trousers were very snug this morning! I decided to give SW another go as I can have plenty to eat and not go hungry and I'm determined to make it work. I turn 50 at the beginning of Feb and I tried so many times last year to lose weight as I didn't want to be fat at 50 but just didn't get anywhere, so I'm now determined to reach my goal weight in my 50th year (I'd like to lose 4 stone) and at least that way I can start my 50's knowing I'm going to be fabulous at 50 (but just not straightaway lol).

I

It's nice to have a milestone to look forward to, like wanting to be slim for your 50th. Think it makes it so much more motivating. Nice to meet you, good luck!! xx

Hi Everyone

I am also doing slimming world from home and started today with the aim of losing 6st 12lb by New Year's Eve 2014 (sooner if poss), I have been to group in the past but all the clapping drives me mad and I just feel that the time could be better used for advice really rather than discussing everyone's results for the week. So I have decided to do it this way with the help from the people on this site in the hope that we can encourage and help each other. I have also started a diary to keep me on track. Wishing everyone great success in 2014 x

I just couldn't deal with the image bit in the group, it just all seems too cringey for me. Hated all the clapping and stuff so I totally see where you are coming from. Once you know the plan you can google the syn value of almost anything or ask it on here so going to group just to get weighed isn't really needed. Might as well save your money and just join us on here. Roll on NYE 2014! you can do it :) xx

I love this plan! Just had steak and chips with my superfree veg, followed by nuts (heb) and a wispa bar (11syns). Feel so naughty, but well within my syn allowance :D

I love this plan! Just had steak and chips with my superfree veg, followed by nuts (heb) and a wispa bar (11syns). Feel so naughty, but well within my syn allowance :D

woohoo! good for you, hope you enjoyed your wispa, last night I treated myself to a curly wurly and it was amazing. xx

ooh I love curly wurlys! I had loads of chocolate for christmas so instead of scoffing it all in one sitting in front of the TV (my normal habit), I'm having a little every night until it's gone.

ooh I love curly wurlys! I had loads of chocolate for christmas so instead of scoffing it all in one sitting in front of the TV (my normal habit), I'm having a little every night until it's gone.

Thats my plan too. I did contemplate not starting till all the choccie was gone but with 2 kids in the house there is always something to tempt me so will power here we go.

Thats my plan too. I did contemplate not starting till all the choccie was gone but with 2 kids in the house there is always something to tempt me so will power here we go.

I'm amazed how strong my resolve has been so far. Not only do I have a mountain of chocolate that I've barely touched, I've got a cupboard full (it's a big cupboard lol) of alcohol that I haven't even looked at because I'm doing a dryathlon this month. I'm counting down the days until I can have a glass of wine though! :p

I am doing SW at home due to my work shifts being all over place and not being able to make the same class every week. I have done SW a few times, lost a stone then gave up. Now I am heavier than I have ever been and have 5 months to get into my bridesmaid dress. My manager at work used to be a consultant and is also doing SW from home so we can support each other! Today is the first day of my diet and I am feeling very determined!

Hi Everyone

I am also doing slimming world from home and started today with the aim of losing 6st 12lb by New Year's Eve 2014 (sooner if poss), I have been to group in the past but all the clapping drives me mad and I just feel that the time could be better used for advice really rather than discussing everyone's results for the week. So I have decided to do it this way with the help from the people on this site in the hope that we can encourage and help each other. I have also started a diary to keep me on track. Wishing everyone great success in 2014 x

You sound the spit of me! I hated the awkward question " how was your week"! I want to loose similar amount and my sort of aim is sept, good luck :)

Yeah... Day one nearly over and I survived! My down fall is now - as the kids have just gone to bed and I have just sat down! :rolleyes: Haven't had any syns as yet but planning to use the rest of my milk up with an options indulgence and a biscuit or 2. I've put the celebrations in the garage so I am not looking at them! Must admit I made ham, egg and sw chips with frylighted onions and mushrooms and grilled tomatoes for tea and feel very full up. So as long as I don't crack now day 1 optimised 100%. :D

Well done bubble77 :) x

Yeah... Day one nearly over and I survived! My down fall is now - as the kids have just gone to bed and I have just sat down! :rolleyes: Haven't had any syns as yet but planning to use the rest of my milk up with an options indulgence and a biscuit or 2. I've put the celebrations in the garage so I am not looking at them! Must admit I made ham, egg and sw chips with frylighted onions and mushrooms and grilled tomatoes for tea and feel very full up. So as long as I don't crack now day 1 optimised 100%. :D

your dinner sounds yummy!

Hi just wondered if anyone know the syns for Bournville dark chocolate please? Doing SW at home and using 2011 books so trying to keep up with what has changed. I love a bit of dark chocolate. :gimi:

Hi just wondered if anyone know the syns for Bournville dark chocolate please? Doing SW at home and using 2011 books so trying to keep up with what has changed. I love a bit of dark chocolate. :gimi:

20 calories= 1 syn if that helps x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Brill thanx 4 squares are 125 so do we add the quarter of a syn, or round it up would probably b best i suppose?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi ElleJay 1984

I'm impressed that you'd only gained 2lbs over the hols - well done - looks good for u for 2014!

Hey guys - just started slimming world today... already failed! I did really well with my brunch & tea, but I've just had nearly half a packet of digestive biscuits! I feel so bad for doing it! Waiting to start my new job on Wednesday and the boredom is just killing me. I've arranged to meet up with some friends tomorrow, but I know that this is going to be so difficult! Feeling a bit disheartened but determined to carry on!

Hope everyone's day is going well though :)

Join the club (yo yo dieting club that is!) Good luck with your restart - we all get lots of support here - I look fwd to following ur progress.

Back