DOING SW FROM HOME???

My goodness, did you eat at all?!

Absolutely, like a pig some days, but totally 100% on plan all week (except for 1syn over on Wednesday)

Sent from my LT18i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi ive started doing this at home with my mum, sister and her 2 friends we are doing our own little 'club'. We're motivating ourselves by putting a pound in a tin every time we lose a lb. So that way we can get ourselves something when we've reached our own target. But this site is great for information and just to talk to others :)

How are you all doing?

Great idea... nice to meet you :D

Hi ive started doing this at home with my mum, sister and her 2 friends we are doing our own little 'club'. We're motivating ourselves by putting a pound in a tin every time we lose a lb. So that way we can get ourselves something when we've reached our own target.

That's a brilliant idea! I had thought I would treat myself to a new haircut. This is a great way to save the money for it! Good luck to you all.

Friend I am linked to on FB is doing SW with her boyfriend, mum and dad. Each week they are all putting £5 in jar instead of paying to go to class and the person who loses the most wins the 20 quid.

Friend I am linked to on FB is doing SW with her boyfriend, mum and dad. Each week they are all putting £5 in jar instead of paying to go to class and the person who loses the most wins the 20 quid.

That must be brilliant motivation! I'm doing it with my husband but I know from last time he loses weight so quickly that I'd end up losing more £s than lbs!

Hi guys I'm a sw newbie and I've always done ww but as a pasta and potatoe junkie ww is no good for me!! I've been told to do the extra easy plan, but I really don't no where to start!! I have no classes near me and I don't drive so would find it hard to travel! I'm just looking up sw on the internet and came across this site :) any info would be really appreciated! How much of what can you have each day!? Thanks for any help! :)

Hi Kylie and welcome!

First I'd advise you to take a good look through this forum - I've read most of the stickies from start to finish to get to grips with the plan.

You can eat pretty much whatever you want (really). But you'll most probably need to adapt the way your food is prepared. Eg fry in fry light instead of oil,

All lean meats are free foods, although if you're using minced meat it should be extra lean.

Dairy products such as eggs and some fat free yoghurt are also free, as are pasta and starchy vegetables such as potatoes.

You're advised to have a 1/3 super free with all your meals - that's most fruit / vegetables but be aware, although it's fine to blend vegetables to make soups, fruit that is not eaten whole (ie juices and smoothies) will contain syns, as will tinned fruit.

You are allowed 1 healthy extra a option (dairy to make sure you get enough calcium) and 1 healthy extra b option (fibre). I can't remember the lists off the top of my head, but if you dip into the forum, you should be able to get an idea of whats allowed as a healthy extra.

You're encouraged to use between 5-15 syns a day. That's your treats, eg wine, chocolate or anything that's gone into your cooking that's not free - have a look at the recipes forum - Pete's thread in particular has some amazing recipes.

I'd also recommend you try and get hold of the books. I'd struggle without mine and I use the online tools as well.

Everyone on here has been super helpful since I joined so get stuck in and good luck!

Hi ive started doing this at home with my mum, sister and her 2 friends we are doing our own little 'club'. We're motivating ourselves by putting a pound in a tin every time we lose a lb. So that way we can get ourselves something when we've reached our own target. But this site is great for information and just to talk to others :)

How are you all doing?

Me and my friend doing similar thing where we put £5 in a jar a week, we saving for something either a girlie spa or holiday perhaps, (depends how much we've saved when we feel decide its time to open the jar)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi guys I'm a sw newbie and I've always done ww but as a pasta and potatoe junkie ww is no good for me!! I've been told to do the extra easy plan, but I really don't no where to start!! I have no classes near me and I don't drive so would find it hard to travel! I'm just looking up sw on the internet and came across this site :) any info would be really appreciated! How much of what can you have each day!? Thanks for any help! :)

Welcome kylie and good luck on your journey. Kikaroo has summed it up perfectly, i do agree you should try and get the books somehow. Ask away on this website, people are so friendly and helpful. Ive done both WW and SW and once you get ur head round it SW is much better for potato and pasta lovers. Give it a go. :)

Fab weight loss well done. X

Well done Sara and welcome Kylie :)

Aww I'm sorry to hear about your dog... You did well just having biscuits.. I would have had a hell of a lot more than that!!

I lost 3 stone last year but have had very small gains over the last 3 weeks... I've been 100% on plan for the last week so fingers crossed... I'm currently 11st 7.75lbs... My goal is to get to 10st 7lbs... I'm such a slow loser so god knows when that'll be lol xx

You're where I was in September 2012... I was so close to my goal which is exactly the same as yours.

Slow losses are annoying but a loss is a loss :)

I weighed in this morning, 3.8lb loss :) not bad considering my choc biscuit binge :-/

What are your favorite recipes?

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

You're where I was in September 2012... I was so close to my goal which is exactly the same as yours.

Slow losses are annoying but a loss is a loss :)

I weighed in this morning, 3.8lb loss :) not bad considering my choc biscuit binge :-/

What are your favorite recipes?

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on the loss!! :)
I have a food diary on here if you're interested in having a nosy... I have no idea how to send the link, but it's called mrstore's 2013 food diary... Something like that lol. I tend to eat the same sort of stuff which I know isn't great, but i do try and mix it up every now and again.. I love homemade soups and veggie sauces etc... And seem to have salad with everything at the mo :rolleyes:
Hope you have a good day xx

Hi Kylie and welcome! First I'd advise you to take a good look through this forum - I've read most of the stickies from start to finish to get to grips with the plan. You can eat pretty much whatever you want (really). But you'll most probably need to adapt the way your food is prepared. Eg fry in fry light instead of oil, All lean meats are free foods, although if you're using minced meat it should be extra lean. Dairy products such as eggs and some fat free yoghurt are also free, as are pasta and starchy vegetables such as potatoes. You're advised to have a 1/3 super free with all your meals - that's most fruit / vegetables but be aware, although it's fine to blend vegetables to make soups, fruit that is not eaten whole (ie juices and smoothies) will contain syns, as will tinned fruit. You are allowed 1 healthy extra a option (dairy to make sure you get enough calcium) and 1 healthy extra b option (fibre). I can't remember the lists off the top of my head, but if you dip into the forum, you should be able to get an idea of whats allowed as a healthy extra. You're encouraged to use between 5-15 syns a day. That's your treats, eg wine, chocolate or anything that's gone into your cooking that's not free - have a look at the recipes forum - Pete's thread in particular has some amazing recipes. I'd also recommend you try and get hold of the books. I'd struggle without mine and I use the online tools as well. Everyone on here has been super helpful since I joined so get stuck in and good luck!
Thank you so much, this is a massive help!! Hopefully I will be able to work it out :)

Me and my friend doing similar thing where we put £5 in a jar a week, we saving for something either a girlie spa or holiday perhaps, (depends how much we've saved when we feel decide its time to open the jar)
i lost 8.75lbs today so i put 8.75 in my tin :)

Putting money away is a great idea! I may do a £ for every lb or something so that I can buy myself something nice when I reach my goal.

Back