DOING SW FROM HOME???

Help please ended up in mcd with kids ive bought myself a coffee thought i add my own milk that i could of synned but its already white out of machine. Anyone know the syn value pls?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi thought i'd pop my head in new to SW and doing it from home as well. Slowly getting my head around SW it's very different to what I was used to on WW

Been sent home from work for being poorly :( had to take some cough medicine and throat sweets as feel so rubbish. I'm worried this is going to scupper my hard work on my first week as they are full of sugars :( x

I am going it alone also just can't get to grips with classes and can't afford the online membership at the moment. Weight has come, weight has gone, had a gastric bypass and lost about 4.5 stone but have put a lot back on = very, very, very disappointed. Have tried the classes and last time I joined anything it was on line so I have all the basic books but have just found out that there have been some changes especially in the amounts of health extras. Are they very different?

Been sent home from work for being poorly :( had to take some cough medicine and throat sweets as feel so rubbish. I'm worried this is going to scupper my hard work on my first week as they are full of sugars :( x

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :( I've had a terrible sore throat all day and had to resort to taking some Lockets. Managed to find a thread where someone said they are 8 syns for the entire tube but their consultant said to syn them at 0.5 syns. Hope you feel better soon!

Well done Malteasers, that's a brilliant loss!

Hi ive started doing this at home with my mum, sister and her 2 friends we are doing our own little 'club'. We're motivating ourselves by putting a pound in a tin every time we lose a lb. So that way we can get ourselves something when we've reached our own target. But this site is great for information and just to talk to others :)

How are you all doing?

I love this idea, I hope it helps. I might try it myself to keep me motivated. I agree that this site is a great support.

Hi Maffie - yes I've done and redone WW over the years and agree it's harder to get your head around SW - but have to say - that once you do - it's so flexible esp for eating out, at friends etc. Good luck with your weight loss

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :( I've had a terrible sore throat all day and had to resort to taking some Lockets. Managed to find a thread where someone said they are 8 syns for the entire tube but their consultant said to syn them at 0.5 syns. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks KHQ :) I've counted the soothers into my syns for the day but no idea what the cough medicine would be :/

Hi, another newbie here. I tried SW in 2010 for a couple of weeks - got the booklets and stuff but then developed flu and missed classes so didn't bother to go back. Decided to have another go. Using the books from 2010 - Looking at posts here it looks like the booklets are still more or less in date, if you get my drift. Lots of helpful info on this site. I would like to lose at least one stone - even better if it's 1 and a half stone.... Day 7 on the EE plan and I've lost 2.5lbs. :D I'm finding the EE plan very good for dinners but lunchtime at work is quite hard. I share an office so avoid anything like fish or eggs, plus there is a microwave to use and a kettle but i'm still finding it hard to find something that i enjoy and look forward to for lunch..... Normally I'm a crisps and chocolate bar kinda person. I love soups but can't seem to find a homemade soup that I like. Are there any tinned soups that i can have on EE ? Anyway sorry to ramble on. Look forward to joining in with this thread. x

Julesroch, if you are wanting soups I'd suggest the homemade tomato soup and the 12 speed veg soup. The 12 speed has lots of speed, super free veg and is meant to give you a very good weight loss

Hi Everyone

i joined SW online yesterday so far it seems good. I would struggle without the food diary, there is no pretending it's free if I use the drop downs for everything and it's great for syns calculator.

Really hoping this works for me.

:)

Hi, another newbie here. I tried SW in 2010 for a couple of weeks - got the booklets and stuff but then developed flu and missed classes so didn't bother to go back. Decided to have another go. Using the books from 2010 - Looking at posts here it looks like the booklets are still more or less in date, if you get my drift. Lots of helpful info on this site. I would like to lose at least one stone - even better if it's 1 and a half stone.... Day 7 on the EE plan and I've lost 2.5lbs. :D I'm finding the EE plan very good for dinners but lunchtime at work is quite hard. I share an office so avoid anything like fish or eggs, plus there is a microwave to use and a kettle but i'm still finding it hard to find something that i enjoy and look forward to for lunch..... Normally I'm a crisps and chocolate bar kinda person. I love soups but can't seem to find a homemade soup that I like. Are there any tinned soups that i can have on EE ? Anyway sorry to ramble on. Look forward to joining in with this thread. x

Every Sunday I make a soup.
I just chuck in whatever veg I have left over, add garlic, herbs and stock. Depending on what I have in and how much I sometimes add tins toms, red lentils, barley or a tin of cannellini beans. I also do a chicken barley and veg soup, using leftover meat and the whole chicken carcass to make the stock. I also find that a lot of my best spups dont have a particular recipe. There is also a thread for soups. Have a look.

Thanks KHQ :) I've counted the soothers into my syns for the day but no idea what the cough medicine would be :/

Woken up with full on lurgy today :( I think I read it's about 1 syn for 2 teaspoons but to be honest my opinion is if you need medicine to have it. I'm sure the amount you have isn't going to completely scupper your loss!

Going it alone first week....

So here I am again the millionth time over. The heaviest I've been but doing something about it.

So I'm doing it alone for the first time from home without the help of a class. I'll be honest I usually crumble on the first day because I don't have that strictness of getting weight x amount of days later.

A week later I haven't crumbled. I was 100% all week and very pleased with myself to say I lost 6lb.

So here's to onwards and downwards!!!

Xx

ive just conpleted my first week too 3.5lbs down :) yay!
my first time with sw and first time proper dieting

well done on ur loss, its a good start

I've just finished my first week doing it online and am 6lb down too. well done on your first weeks loss

Back