DOING SW FROM HOME???

I know exactly what you mean its the forbidden fruit thing! I'm a great one to preach, Id love a takeaway right now but got to pull in the purse strings!:(
Don't do it as I'll be extremely jealous and you don't want to do that to little old me.... (am I helping???:jelous:)

I love this diet!! I've just had my heA 2 slices of nimble wholemeal bread to mop up my left over gravy (syns) from my tea. Yummmmmmy!!

Used to post here a year or so ago.
Been lurking for a while so thought I`d better say hello!

Will try to post again. Currently 9st7lbs and trying to get to 8st12lbs!!

Used to post here a year or so ago.
Been lurking for a while so thought I`d better say hello!

Will try to post again. Currently 9st7lbs and trying to get to 8st12lbs!!

And yet looking at your picture I would have put you at about 5 stone lol hello there x

Evening :) Well, first day back on plan went well- managed to have massive Chinese stir fry with salmon (syn free of course) as well as Lebanese mujadarrah with feta and salad for lunch. This left me with enough syns to enjoy my last booja booja chocolate from Xmas. Now just a box of black magic and some artisan - type chocolates to get through. One a night :) good luck to those of you with weigh in tomorrow xxx

Morning peeps I restarted yesterday. Had a good day I'm logging my food on the calorie counter app just because I find it easier than writing stuff down! But I'm noting the syns at the bottom :)

Hi Everyone - I'm back and hope everyone is having a great positive day! I started back on 6th Jan and looked in the mirror today, happily seeing a definate change in my body shape around the stomach which is my problem area.

I bought a pair of high waisted jeans at the beginnig of July and I've never actually wore them yet - they fit great when I bought them but then I went on holiday for 2 weeks and my weight has crept up since then. I put them on a few days ago and I can sit down without them cutting me in half so they should fit great by the time 31st Jan comes round and I hit Newcastle with the girls for a casual tea and dancing shenannigans :)

Have a great day everyone !!!!

For the first time, I've followed a sllimming world recipe today: The Perfect Beef Bourgignon. It was in September/October 2012 SW magazine (got all my old mags out from the previous time i followed the plan). It is now in the oven and smells absolutely gorgeous!!!! Very much looking forward to my tea with mash too (nom nom).

BTW, in my local Tesco, they appears to have stopped doing the normandy fromage frais which I use to buy last time round on SW. Anyone know if they've stopped this now? It was the fat free fromage frais.

:) PS: Bloodcovered Princess: Have you always stuck to plan since 2012? Just seen how much weight you've lost - very impressive :) but I'm worried that I'm gonna lose the will 6 months down the line. Any tips for us with little willpower to keep on plan ??My danger zone is 11.5 stone cus I start to look fabulous (hahaha not modest at all) and then I think I can start eating what the hell I like :p

xxx

For the first time, I've followed a sllimming world recipe today: The Perfect Beef Bourgignon. It was in September/October 2012 SW magazine (got all my old mags out from the previous time i followed the plan). It is now in the oven and smells absolutely gorgeous!!!! Very much looking forward to my tea with mash too (nom nom). BTW, in my local Tesco, they appears to have stopped doing the normandy fromage frais which I use to buy last time round on SW. Anyone know if they've stopped this now? It was the fat free fromage frais. :) PS: Bloodcovered Princess: Have you always stuck to plan since 2012? Just seen how much weight you've lost - very impressive :) but I'm worried that I'm gonna lose the will 6 months down the line. Any tips for us with little willpower to keep on plan ??My danger zone is 11.5 stone cus I start to look fabulous (hahaha not modest at all) and then I think I can start eating what the hell I like :p xxx

I'd love the recipe if you don't mind sharing it? X

I'd love the recipe if you don't mind sharing it? X

But of course:

"The Perfect Beef Bourguignon" Slimming World magazine October 2012

Serves 4
Ready in about 3 hours
Syns per serving: Extra Easy: 1 syn per serving

Ingredients:
Fry Light (I used the butter flavoured one)
16 Shallots, peeled and left whole (i.e. not chopped)
200g back bacon rashes (all visible fat removed) and cut into small pieces
1kg stewing beef (all visible fat removed and cut into bite sized chunks)
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 tbsp tomato puree
4 celery sticks, finely chopped
6 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 bay leaf
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
A large strip of orange zest
100ml Red wine
900 ml beef stock
Salt and fresh ground pepper
300g button mushrooms, halved
A small handful fresh parsely, finely chopped

For the mash:
1kg floury potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
100ml boiling hot vegetable stock

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 160 oC /fan140 oC/Gas 3. Place a large, oven proof casserole dish sprayed with Fry Lightover a medium high heat. Add the shallots and bacon pieces and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.

2. Spray the dish again with Fry Light and turn the heat to high. Add the beef, in small batches if necessary and stir fry until browned all over. If browning in batches, transfer the first batch to a plate, then cover and set aside while you brown the next.

3. Return the shallots, bacon and any earlier batches of beef to the dish then add the garlic, tomato puree, celery and carrots. Tie the bay leaf, thyme and orange peel together with string to make a bouquet garni and add to the casserole. Add the wine and stock and season well. Stir then bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 2 hours.

4. Remove the bourguignon from the oven, stir in the mushrooms. Return to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until the beef is really tender. Simmer the potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Drain, then mash with the veg stock until smooth and season. Remove the bouquet garni and divide the mash and bourguignon between 4 plates. Garnish with parsley and serve.

Wow! This thread is so busy I miss out on checking in for a couple of days and have so much to read :p well done all who've had losses and hello to newbies I've not spoken to before :wavey: Another good week, 3lb off, only 1lb to go to be on track for my target woop!

Tough week coming up, Friday night take away with in laws (curry so I'm thinking chicken tikka, 9 syns?) and then dinner out Saturday but only a Beefeater (so thinking steak or paprika chicken & jacket spud). Any other suggestions gladly welcomed!

Sounds lovely. Think I'll try it this weekend.

I can see what will happen with the red wine though - a glass for dinner, a glass for me...!

If I hadn't gone so overboard alcohol-wise this past weekend, I would have probably been same with the vino. The 3 day hangover I'm currently experiencing is keeping me on track, however. :)

Well, I'm just on step 4 and the Bourguinon's looking lovely except, I added the mushrooms and some extra water (not wine ;)) cus it was not v juicy and in the stirring process, I've lost the string off the bouquet garni! Arghhhh! Will have to use a shop bought one next time methinks. :p

Back