DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi everyone x can I be cheeky; any suggestions as to some cupboard staples u all can't do SW without as I'm doing an internet shop this evening, want some new ideas & inspiration :eek: So far; herbs & spices, quark, Alpen light bars, fat free cottage cheese....plus the usual yogs, fruit, ryvita.
Any suggestions welcome, sweet or savoury x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Tinned toms, pasta, eggs, rice. Nat yog (for fruit and cooking) risotto rice,

Hi everyone x can I be cheeky; any suggestions as to some cupboard staples u all can't do SW without as I'm doing an internet shop this evening, want some new ideas & inspiration :eek: So far; herbs & spices, quark, Alpen light bars, fat free cottage cheese....plus the usual yogs, fruit, ryvita.

I try and keep some low fat super noodles on standby as they are syn free! Think mug shots are too and super rice. Great to have in the cupboard for lunch when you cant think of anythin else. Also keep lots of frozen veg in at all times!

Tinned chick peas, lentils, butterbeans - any pulses really- good for salads, curries or syn free humous :) Also, sriracha hot sauce, and tons of herbs & spices, sauces (soy, oyster, sweet chill,) shaoxing wine, balsamic vinegar, fry lights... It's not cheap buying the store cupboard ingredients. ;-) xxx

Tinned chick peas, lentils, butterbeans - any pulses really- good for salads, curries or syn free humous :) Also, sriracha hot sauce, and tons of herbs & spices, sauces (soy, oyster, sweet chill,) shaoxing wine, balsamic vinegar, fry lights... It's not cheap buying the store cupboard ingredients. ;-) xxx

Thanks hun. I no, between the fry light, fresh fruit & veg etc, it costs a fortune eating healthily! x L x

For the first time, I've followed a sllimming world recipe today: The Perfect Beef Bourgignon. It was in September/October 2012 SW magazine (got all my old mags out from the previous time i followed the plan). It is now in the oven and smells absolutely gorgeous!!!! Very much looking forward to my tea with mash too (nom nom).

BTW, in my local Tesco, they appears to have stopped doing the normandy fromage frais which I use to buy last time round on SW. Anyone know if they've stopped this now? It was the fat free fromage frais.

:) PS: Bloodcovered Princess: Have you always stuck to plan since 2012? Just seen how much weight you've lost - very impressive :) but I'm worried that I'm gonna lose the will 6 months down the line. Any tips for us with little willpower to keep on plan ??My danger zone is 11.5 stone cus I start to look fabulous (hahaha not modest at all) and then I think I can start eating what the hell I like :p

xxx

I was dieting on my own for about 18 months (by healthy eating choices) but my weight loss was very slow.... I lost 38lbs in that time which is only about half a pound a week :(

Then I asked for a doctors referral to slimming world and my rate of loss increased... I lost 17 1/2 in the 11 weigh ins .... which is great progress for me.... So I am continuing to follow the slimming world plan.... with the help of my mini friends :D.... my biggest motivation is to set mini goals all the time so there is always something just in reach

I definitely agree with the tinned pulses - they bulk up any meal and are soooo filling :)

For sweet treats I like to have meringue nests because they're so low in syns, and also low fat ice cream. Stops me falling off the wagon!

How many syns in a nest ? Enquiring minds need to know .... wiggles eyebrows

You should have a look at the "Almost Syn Free" home made cream cheese
thread on the sw recipes section!!

I`ve used it loads of times and is really delish!!
Saves on the hexa`s!! :)

You should have a look at the "Almost Syn Free" home made cream cheese
thread on the sw recipes section!!

I`ve used it loads of times and is really delish!!
Saves on the hexa`s!! :)

I just had a look at this, can you make it sweet? Might have to give it a go, I'm not a huge cream cheese fan but I'm up for trying something new :)

Thanks hun x just finished the shop & feel pretty prepared for the next wk or 2 :) x L x

Hi all! Hope all is going well for you. Today has been a good day and made the sw mini cheesecakes tonight - gorgeous.

Two 400g wholemeal toast for breakfast with laughing cow cheese instead of butter.

Fruit.

Salad - lettuce, peppers, cucember, sweet corn, onion, lean ham , egg and balsamic.

Fruit.

Pasta made with tin tomatoes, chilli, garlic, prawns, peppers, carrots (left over veg).

For dessert - the cheesecake! Melted Alpen light bars as the base. Quark with two sachets of white chocolate options and sqeetner. 4 syns each (made two).

Feeling good :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Depends which one but the Tesco finest at 2.5 per nest and they're lovely and gooey in the middle :)

lovely.... I think I maybe wiggling my eyebrows over to tesco tomorrow x

For dessert - the cheesecake! Melted Alpen light bars as the base. Quark with two sachets of white chocolate options and sqeetner. 4 syns each (made two).

That sounds delicious, tell me it is lol! Do you need to let it set?

I snuck on the scales today (naughty as my weigh in day is a Monday)but it's looking positive ;) Must stick to it this week! Smidge87, we started at the same time and you've lost 7lbs in the time I've lost 1.5lbs. I want losses like that!!!! ;P I am SOOOO impatient!

xxx

I snuck on the scales today (naughty as my weigh in day is a Monday)but it's looking positive ;) Must stick to it this week! Smidge87, we started at the same time and you've lost 7lbs in the time I've lost 1.5lbs. I want losses like that!!!! ;P I am SOOOO impatient!

xxx

Stick at it!! You can do it. If you give it 100% it works. I've been going to the gym 4 mornings a week too, kick start my body lol maybe that's helping? Fingers crossed for Monday! :D

Back