DOING SW FROM HOME???

its a question asked frequently at my SW group, my consultant and the books say its okay with vegetables, I understand your view though it makes sense, but potatoe doesn't have as much sugar as fruit and that's the problem with it :)

It's less to do with how you change it ie by pureeing, and more to do with the actual amount you could eat in this form ie crisps. Personally,I don't view this as a problem but it could cause some on the SW plan to struggle with weight loss. I've made the lasagne crisps a few times (another technical 'cheat') and these,with a syn free dip,keep me going when my skinny OH is sat with a huge bag of Doritos and creamy dip :)

How do you do lasagne crisps? Worth a go in moderation I think!

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes indeed do tell.... they sound very interesting

I have been trying to buy the magazine in the shop... have had no success... the manager at wh smiths said they had not received many and she thinks it is to force people to go to group to buy them.... anyone else had problems getting hold of them

Found the recipe :)

Cheesy chilli nachos

For the quorn chilli

1x onion chopped
1x pepper chopped
1x can chopped tomatoes
approx third of a bag of quorn mince
small can of kidney beans
1 tsp italian seasoning
½ tsp chilli
½ tsp paprika
sprinkle of cayenne pepper
vegetable oxo cube

Fry the onions, peppers and quorn mince in fry light with some garlic until soft.
Add all other ingredients (other than the kidney beans) and simmer for approx 20 mins (you will prob need to add some water). In the last five mins add the kidney beans.

For the nachos-
3 lasagne sheets

Boil up some water and boil each lasagne sheet (best to do it individually cos if they stick it's a nightmare to get them apart) for a couple of minutes until soft.
Cut each sheet into six 'tortilla chips' and put on a baking tray sprayed with fry light. spray with more fry light add top with whatever seasoning you fancy (I used
rock salt and tex mex). Put in a pre-heated oven as hot as it will go and keep and eye on them. When they look like crisps turn over and spray again. It will take
about ten minutes in total for these.

Layer the tortilla chips on the plate and put the quorn chilli in the middle. Surround the chilli with a ring of cheese and add jalapenos if you wish. Put under a hot grill until the cheese has melted.
I also made 'sour cream' to have with mine by mixing a few spoons of greek yogurt with some garlic and chilli.

Obviously you can just make the nachos and dips for a quick snack :)

Started doing sw from home on the 2nd jan, I'm being really good for once. Will watch this thread :)

Found the recipe :)

Cheesy chilli nachos

For the quorn chilli

1x onion chopped
1x pepper chopped
1x can chopped tomatoes
approx third of a bag of quorn mince
small can of kidney beans
1 tsp italian seasoning
½ tsp chilli
½ tsp paprika
sprinkle of cayenne pepper
vegetable oxo cube

Fry the onions, peppers and quorn mince in fry light with some garlic until soft.
Add all other ingredients (other than the kidney beans) and simmer for approx 20 mins (you will prob need to add some water). In the last five mins add the kidney beans.

For the nachos-
3 lasagne sheets

Boil up some water and boil each lasagne sheet (best to do it individually cos if they stick it's a nightmare to get them apart) for a couple of minutes until soft.
Cut each sheet into six 'tortilla chips' and put on a baking tray sprayed with fry light. spray with more fry light add top with whatever seasoning you fancy (I used
rock salt and tex mex). Put in a pre-heated oven as hot as it will go and keep and eye on them. When they look like crisps turn over and spray again. It will take
about ten minutes in total for these.

Layer the tortilla chips on the plate and put the quorn chilli in the middle. Surround the chilli with a ring of cheese and add jalapenos if you wish. Put under a hot grill until the cheese has melted.
I also made 'sour cream' to have with mine by mixing a few spoons of greek yogurt with some garlic and chilli.

Obviously you can just make the nachos and dips for a quick snack :)

Wooo.... that sounds lovely.... I'll have to give it a go...

I'm trying again to go it from home... It's going well again, just hoping everything doesn't collapse again (job stuff)... I'm ready for the world this time...

I'm sporadically keeping my
food diary on here... it's easier to be honest when you've done well... must own up to my failings more!!!

That sounds amazing! I know what I'll b having Saturday night :eek:

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

My friend and I have decided to do it from home due to the cost! Now, instead of paying £5 for class to weigh us we put £5 in a pot and weigh ourselves!!! Once we reach our target we celebrate by using the money to book a spa weekend away. Double bonus!!!!!!

sounds amazing!! I hate tortilla chips so maybe these might be nice!! What do the "tortilla chips" taste like?

I love pasta bakes even though I am not so big on pasta.... so I bet I will love these chips :D

My friend and I have decided to do it from home due to the cost! Now, instead of paying £5 for class to weigh us we put £5 in a pot and weigh ourselves!!! Once we reach our target we celebrate by using the money to book a spa weekend away. Double bonus!!!!!!

That's genius! I'll have to start doing the money saving thing! Keep up the good work :D

Me and my friend doing this too. Y should line some1 elses pocket. Times are hard! Good luck. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love pasta bakes even though I am not so big on pasta.... so I bet I will love these chips :D

I am a MAHOOSIVE pasta fiend... I don't think I'd cope if I weren't veggie and couldn't eat shedloads of the stuff... Aw, now I wish I were having that for dinner.. But my chilli and SW chips will be great, too :D (with some cheese grated over it. Yum) !

Thanks! I've only just joined this forum. Needed some inspiration from others!!!!! Had a chocolate filled Christmas so back on the diet now!!!! First £5 in the savings tin this week!!!!

Sorry I haven`t posted for a few days :(

Had an argument with a pushbike while crossing the street
and I came off worst.
Went down like a sack of potatoes.
There`s no bones broken but I am bruised down
my left side.
At the moment, everything is sore and painful.
Even the simplest thing is an effort!
It took me half an hour to get out of bed this morning!:(

I know, I`m feeling sorry for myself.
Dunno how this will effect my weight loss journey!!

Back