DOING SW FROM HOME???

:happy096: Well done on your losses everyone seems to be working really hard. Keep going and we will eventually achieve our goals.

:party0011: Amazing losses every one keep it up :party0011:

3lbs off for me.... but it's really only 2.8 over the last 2 weeks because I had that strange 0.2 gain last week xx

Hi

Bit of a long shot but jsut wondered if anyone has or know to a link to get a list of syns? i had it once that was a pdf, never printed it and now cant seem to locate it anywhere!

I have the "starter" books but i am trying to simplyfy everything for my mother (make her a folder of evrything that she can uderstand )- dont fancy typing every syn onto A4 paper jsutwondered if anyone knew of any pre done list:) thanks in advance!

Well done on losses :)
I sts :confused: never mind - im not backing down gonna keep going, doing the speed challenge this week. Fingers crossed for next monday. :)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have lost and gained the same 1 lb for the last 3 weeks! Just can't seem to focus at the moment, oh well back to the drawing board today, I'm off work so I'm going to sit down with a piece of paper and pen and write down some meal ideas as I always get stuck in a rut then get bored......and then eat a walnut whip :/

I have the same problem, with OH and work. I tend to make moset meals the night before such as meatballs in tomato sauce (totally yummy and syn free) just have to make the spaghetti on the day, chicken, ham and mushroom pie is lovely too, I make the filling the night before and then add potato topping instead of pastry to keep the syns low. Also do things like chilli and curries and any pasta dish the night before, if you make up a big batch you can freeze half to use on another day.
:)

Chicken ham and mushroom pie mmmmm sounds good, how do you make it? :)

Chicken ham and mushroom pie mmmmm sounds good, how do you make it? :)

I will dig out the receipe and post it on, it is yummy :)

Ok so here goes - Chicken, Ham and Mushroom pie.

It is 4 1/2 syns on EE and Original but if you use mashed potato or thin sliced part boiled potatoes instead of pastry it's only 1/2 a syn, and its delicious with either. It looks a lot to do but it's really simple, honest :innocent0002:

• 500ml chicken stock
  • 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1.5cm pieces
  • 2 onions, roughly chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes
  • 200g green beans, chopped (I use frozen ones for this and let them defrost whilst cooking)
  • 200g button mushrooms (halved or quartered if large)
  • 2 level tsp chicken gravy granules
  • 2 tbsp tomato purée
  • 450g can cooked lean ham, cut into small cubes
  • A handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 100g ready-rolled light puff pastry
method

• Preheat oven 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Put the chicken in a pan and heat through until chicken is cooked, add the onions, garlic carrots and mushroom until just tender.
  • Add the stock, to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring often.
  • Add the gravy granules and tomato purée and stir well. Add the ham and tarragon, season and stir again. Remove from the heat and transfer to 4 individual, lipped pie dishes, or one large dish
  • Brush the lips of the dishes with some of the beaten egg. Cut the pastry into long, thin strips and arrange over the pies in a lattice pattern. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed up and golden. Serve warm.

I usually make the filling the day before and put it in the fridge, I only need to do the pastry or potatoes on the day, so saves me time. It tastes like it should be more than 1/2 syn and is really filling, my lot at home love it, and is a great way of getting them to eat veggies!! :eatdrink023:

Hi I read that 20cals = 1 syn does anyone known how true this is ? :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds lovely LyndaAnn, I may borrow that and put it my recipe database

I too am on my own, so to speak lol, im a lapsed target member refocusing, I love this site, im feeling so inspired already, even if I am a complete technophobe!!

Ok so here goes - Chicken, Ham and Mushroom pie. It is 4 1/2 syns on EE and Original but if you use mashed potato or thin sliced part boiled potatoes instead of pastry it's only 1/2 a syn, and its delicious with either. It looks a lot to do but it's really simple, honest :innocent0002: [*]500ml chicken stock [*]4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1.5cm pieces [*]2 onions, roughly chopped [*]1 garlic clove, finely chopped [*]2 carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes [*]200g green beans, chopped (I use frozen ones for this and let them defrost whilst cooking) [*]200g button mushrooms (halved or quartered if large) [*]2 level tsp chicken gravy granules [*]2 tbsp tomato purée [*]450g can cooked lean ham, cut into small cubes [*]A handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped [*]Salt and freshly ground black pepper [*]1 egg, lightly beaten [*]100g ready-rolled light puff pastry method [*]Preheat oven 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Put the chicken in a pan and heat through until chicken is cooked, add the onions, garlic carrots and mushroom until just tender. [*]Add the stock, to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring often. [*]Add the gravy granules and tomato purée and stir well. Add the ham and tarragon, season and stir again. Remove from the heat and transfer to 4 individual, lipped pie dishes, or one large dish [*]Brush the lips of the dishes with some of the beaten egg. Cut the pastry into long, thin strips and arrange over the pies in a lattice pattern. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed up and golden. Serve warm. I usually make the filling the day before and put it in the fridge, I only need to do the pastry or potatoes on the day, so saves me time. It tastes like it should be more than 1/2 syn and is really filling, my lot at home love it, and is a great way of getting them to eat veggies!! :eatdrink023:

Yum will definitely try this.

Hi I am doing SW at home. Not sure if I posted on this thread already.

I've been doing it for a week and very happy with it so far. Hoping I can stick it out for life!

Floundering a bit today because I stood on my scales this morning and it said 88.7kg. Lovely loss. I went to the loo then double checked five minutes later and the scales said 92.4kg! Horrific gain! So my scales are obviously unreliable. Can anyone here recommend a reliable make/model of bathroom scales so I can do this thing at home properly?

Hi I am doing SW at home. Not sure if I posted on this thread already.

I've been doing it for a week and very happy with it so far. Hoping I can stick it out for life!

Floundering a bit today because I stood on my scales this morning and it said 88.7kg. Lovely loss. I went to the loo then double checked five minutes later and the scales said 92.4kg! Horrific gain! So my scales are obviously unreliable. Can anyone here recommend a reliable make/model of bathroom scales so I can do this thing at home properly?

Hi there, back last year, I bought 'Salter' carpet scales, you can use them on any floor type and cost under £30 from amazon. You don't need to spend hundreds on a set just make sure you have a digital display as these tend to be more accurate and easier to read. The ones I have measure 1/4lbs too :scale:

Back