DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm having a hungry day today :eatdrink023:
I have already had my breakfast (7.30), a banana and a few slices of carrot with a cuppa, just after 11, and now my tummy is rumbling like mad!!!! I don't normally feel like anything until around 2pm
I hope I don't eat too much today, :nono: must stay focused

I'm having a hungry day today :eatdrink023:
I have already had my breakfast (7.30), a banana and a few slices of carrot with a cuppa, just after 11, and now my tummy is rumbling like mad!!!! I don't normally feel like anything until around 2pm
I hope I don't eat too much today, :nono: must stay focused

I'm exactly the same today. I ma really cold though so that might have something to do with it. I ended up making some cheese scones which weren't as nice as I thought they would be but I had 2 and now I'm stuffed :) x

I'm exactly the same today. I ma really cold though so that might have something to do with it. I ended up making some cheese scones which weren't as nice as I thought they would be but I had 2 and now I'm stuffed :) x

I think I may be the same and have a cold, oh well Ive dwindled away as much time as I can and I can't last any longer I'm gonna have to have lunch now!! Hope you feel better swn
:)

Hi I read that 20cals = 1 syn does anyone known how true this is ? :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That is correct x

Hi there, back last year, I bought 'Salter' carpet scales, you can use them on any floor type and cost under £30 from amazon. You don't need to spend hundreds on a set just make sure you have a digital display as these tend to be more accurate and easier to read. The ones I have measure 1/4lbs too :scale:

Thank you, carpet scales sound good. I'll have a look for them :)

:help2: Does anyone know how many syns are in a portion of brown rice, or can I use it as a HE??

:help2: Does anyone know how many syns are in a portion of brown rice, or can I use it as a HE??

Sweetie there are no syns in a portion of brown rice.... unless you are doing red days x

Sweetie there are no syns in a portion of brown rice.... unless you are doing red days x

Fab thank you :). Am having some chilli and brown rice for my evening meal, which means I can have a little cheese on top too. Yum :D

Hi!!

Can't justify the cost of SW Online or have the time to go to classes (full time single mum with a toddler!). Plus my BMI falls in the healthy range of 21 and I read something on the SW about them not really encouraging anyone with little to lose to attend their classes. Rather than a quick diet I want something that changes my eating habits and gets me healthier. After much research I think SW might be what I'm looking for so that it becomes a way of life. Am hoping to start on the free 7 day vegetarian plan they have on their website at the moment and see how I go. Some of the recipes look really delicious! Have my eyes on some books on ebay and together with this forum (which I've been reading every night!) am hoping that it'll all be fine!! Want to follow Easy Express because it requires less thought and planning!!

So far what I've jotted on my notebook:
- plan my meals for a whole week so I don't end up grabbing whatever is most convenient
- stock up on fruit and veg which are free
- ensure that I eat one thing from HEA and HEB a day
- ensure plate is 1/3 superfree and 2/3 free
- if I feel hungry I can snack on superfree as much as I like
- check syn value of anything that I am unsure of!!

Fab thank you :). Am having some chilli and brown rice for my evening meal, which means I can have a little cheese on top too. Yum :D

Love the mini goals xx

have you thought of starting a diary so we can peek at you... you might want to peek at a few yourself to get ideas and inspiration.... come and say hello over on mine lol

Love the mini goals xx

have you thought of starting a diary so we can peek at you... you might want to peek at a few yourself to get ideas and inspiration.... come and say hello over on mine lol

Thank you :) I wanted my mini goals to be realistic, and not be too difficult to achieve.
I have started a food diary on paper, but will have a look at yours to see what your up to if thats ok. Maybe you can give me some tips, I am still trying to find my way around here, and picking things up along the way.

Hi peeps, well another day 1 for me today, have rethought my food plan and have had the following (please feel free to comment). Breakfast- 35g porridge HEXB with milk HEXA from allowance ( half milk half water) and 1 tsp golden syrup (1) and a nectarine plus a cup of tea 1 tsp sugar (1). Lunch- Warburton wholemeal think (5), 1/2 tbsp exl mayo (0.5), lots of salad and a banana. Dinner- chicken breast (1 for oil) , bacon and a hm pork patty, McCain's jacket (1) and more salad plus 2 laughing cow light triangles (not sure of the syns on these). Does that look ok??

Last edited:
Does anyone know the syns for morrisons fresh ideas chicken kievs (the whole chicken breast ones not chopped and shaped).

Hi!!

Can't justify the cost of SW Online or have the time to go to classes (full time single mum with a toddler!). Plus my BMI falls in the healthy range of 21 and I read something on the SW about them not really encouraging anyone with little to lose to attend their classes. Rather than a quick diet I want something that changes my eating habits and gets me healthier. After much research I think SW might be what I'm looking for so that it becomes a way of life. Am hoping to start on the free 7 day vegetarian plan they have on their website at the moment and see how I go. Some of the recipes look really delicious! Have my eyes on some books on ebay and together with this forum (which I've been reading every night!) am hoping that it'll all be fine!! Want to follow Easy Express because it requires less thought and planning!!

So far what I've jotted on my notebook:
- plan my meals for a whole week so I don't end up grabbing whatever is most convenient
- stock up on fruit and veg which are free
- ensure that I eat one thing from HEA and HEB a day
- ensure plate is 1/3 superfree and 2/3 free
- if I feel hungry I can snack on superfree as much as I like
- check syn value of anything that I am unsure of!!

:welcome: Have you tried your local library for the SW books, I managed to hire 3 and copied down the receipes were more suited to me and my OH. Doesn't cost you anything that way. :)

Hi peeps, well another day 1 for me today, have rethought my food plan and have had the following (please feel free to comment). Breakfast- 35g porridge HEXB with milk HEXA from allowance ( half milk half water) and 1 tsp golden syrup (1) and a nectarine plus a cup of tea 1 tsp sugar (1). Lunch- Warburton wholemeal think (5), 1/2 tbsp exl mayo (0.5), lots of salad and a banana. Dinner- chicken breast (1 for oil) , bacon and a hm pork patty, McCain's jacket (1) and more salad plus 2 laughing cow light triangles (not sure of the syns on these). Does that look ok??

Think laughing cow light triangle are 1 1/2 each :) looks like a very healthy menu

Hi - I have just started SW and not sure I am doing it right. I am on my 4th day and seem to be eating a lot of food and for most of the day...somehow this doesn't seem right and confusing when basing it on other diets I have followed, I am not sure how I can possibly lose any weight eating this amount?! Any ideas,, ti[s, help!?

Ladybird66 x

Hi - I have just started SW and not sure I am doing it right. I am on my 4th day and seem to be eating a lot of food and for most of the day...somehow this doesn't seem right and confusing when basing it on other diets I have followed, I am not sure how I can possibly lose any weight eating this amount?! Any ideas,, ti[s, help!?

Ladybird66 x

That my dear is because most diets have you eat like a tweety bird.... I would think you are probably doing it right.... best thing to do is to start a diary on here and then people can spot if you are making any mistakes.... but sw does give you a lot of food to eat xx

That my dear is because most diets have you eat like a tweety bird.... I would think you are probably doing it right.... best thing to do is to start a diary on here and then people can spot if you are making any mistakes.... but sw does give you a lot of food to eat xx

Than you Princess. Here is the diary for yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal bread + baked beans
Lunch: Cottage Cheese, boiled egg, jacket potato, green salad, beetroot, peppers, fat free salad dressing
Dinner: SW Tuna Pasta Bake (sauce made of quark and FF Fromage Frais) with additional courgette, peas, sweetcorn (big plate)

Snacks: Banana, Pear, FF yoghurt, boiled egg
Syns: Packet of French fries

that looks so much food, much more than I was eating before :eek:

You do eat lots but the right stuff! Only eat the 'snacks' though if you are hungry but do make sure you eat at least 5-15 syns per day.

Back