DOING SW FROM HOME???

:welcome: newbies, everyone here is very supportive, and there is always lots of tips and advice. Lots of us share receipes and stories too. You are in good company :)

Hey. I wanna start doing it from home too. Was in 2 minds to go to a class......can I do it from home?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I didn't like going to group because the encouragement was not equally distributed :cry: I went on a 12 week gp referral which I asked for.... the plan works really well but I much prefer doing it from home.... I get loads of help on here :D.... people's diaries are a brilliant source of information... I did find that the books from the group were a great help to get me started but the plan soon becomes second nature .... good luck hun x

Hi all, I decided to start again with slimming world but will be doing it myself from home. Being in Cyprus all the group meetings that I could attend after work have now become Greek only :mad: I will weigh in on Mondays for now am feeling pretty motivated but it is only my first week!

Welcome on board :D

Afternoon!

It has been a while since I last posted. Hope you're all well. Seems like there's been some pretty good progress for you all on here so may be visiting more frequently. I am following plan still but weight has been VERY slow to come off - much slower than when I did SW at a class the first time round. I'm not cheating or anything but my lifestyle is much more sedentary since January - I injured my foot and now have a car so I'm not walking to work anymore (40mins per day) so I think the shock of my body going into lazyass mode has caused this.

Anyway, I've slipped a few times in the weeks that I've posted: Valentines day night ordered a massive indian take away which was beautiful but I had it all - poppadoms, pickle tray, starter AND main. Piggy piggy. However, I was back on it the following day (slimming world, not the indian).

I've come down with a dreadful cold bug this week and yesterday I needed comfort so a glass of milk with honey, a champagne truffle,2 potions of my free meal and extra cottage cheese were my vices but.....I could have gone for a massive bar of chocolate so at least I stayed with semi healthy treats and over eating.

Anyway, Monday's my weigh in day and this Monday I was 12st13lbs. Finally! The twelves again! There was a time I dreaded the twelves but that's when I was approaching them from the other way. Funny how feelings change about numbers depending on which way you're looking at them.

Finally, I am going on an all inclusive holiday to Tunisia in the early hours of Sunday morning for 1 week. The indoor heated swimming pool is hopefully going to see a fair bit of me as I try and off set any damage done by the unlimited food and drinks choice (and pancakes....oh the pancakes!!!!).

Wish me luck! Over and out ;)

Don't dwell on it, :bighug: we all have times when we either fall off the wagon, or we get ill and can't excerise, don't beat yourself up about it. At least you are back at it again. We all need a treat now and again. Enjoy your hols, it will give the boost you need to keep going.

Hi All, can I join you please? One son got married last year and I was horrified by how I looked in the pictures. Another son is getting married this September and I am determined to look good this time! (Specially as her mum is a skinny minny!!!). I've quite a lot of weight to lose, 60 lbs, and I am prone to binge eating :( You all seem so friendly, so any advice gratefully received. I am a veggie so will be following the 'green days' diet plan, any recipes would be perfect.

Hi All, can I join you please? One son got married last year and I was horrified by how I looked in the pictures. Another son is getting married this September and I am determined to look good this time! (Specially as her mum is a skinny minny!!!). I've quite a lot of weight to lose, 60 lbs, and I am prone to binge eating :( You all seem so friendly, so any advice gratefully received. I am a veggie so will be following the 'green days' diet plan, any recipes would be perfect.

Hello! A wedding to look forward to :) how exciting!

My best advice would be to plan plan plan your meals, and always make sure you have something free in the fridge to snack on to stop you falling off the wagon.

Also, start a food diary. It's a great way of tracking what you're eating.

As for recipes, my favourites are things like 5 bean chilli, lentil hotpot, vegetable curry, anything I can just substitute the meat for a pulse of vegetable, rather than extra potatoes / pasta / wheat.

Good luck and keep posting!

Morning hun x. Welcome x you'll definitely find support, advice & encouragement here.
I'm a veggie too so it's green days every day 4 me. I've also got a wedding to lose weight 4, but it's my own :eek: please feel free to pop by to my diary if u fancy, I don't really post my food anymore but will always suggest recipes, especially if there's something particular u like to eat x hv u started a diary?
Hope ur having a good week hun x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Guys, how lovely of you to welcome me so quickly, thank you. I have now grabbed an exercise book (from the office stationary cupboard, but don't tell anyone!) and will write down everything I eat. I will also menu plan for the next few days, so thanks for the tips. Pippa - thanks for the meal plans and Ellejay - your diary will be my lunchtime reading, thank you. Look forward to getting to know you :)

Hi Guys, how lovely of you to welcome me so quickly, thank you. I have now grabbed an exercise book (from the office stationary cupboard, but don't tell anyone!) and will write down everything I eat. I will also menu plan for the next few days, so thanks for the tips. Pippa - thanks for the meal plans and Ellejay - your diary will be my lunchtime reading, thank you. Look forward to getting to know you :)

Bit late to the party, but welcome from me too :D

I wish people would stop baking cakes and bringing them to work. Got in this morning and 1 lovely member of staff had baked white chocolate and blackberry muffins. :drool: Everytime I pass the staff room, someone else is eating one, sooo not fair.

I did well yesterday and resisted the evil chocolate that was calling me :clap: only for the muffins to call me now this morning, :devilangel:I hope they are all gone by the time I have my mid morning break.

I wish people would stop baking cakes and bringing them to work. Got in this morning and 1 lovely member of staff had baked white chocolate and blackberry muffins. :drool: Everytime I pass the staff room, someone else is eating one, sooo not fair.

I did well yesterday and resisted the evil chocolate that was calling me :clap: only for the muffins to call me now this morning, :devilangel:I hope they are all gone by the time I have my mid morning break.

Haha - well done for resisting! :)

Hi just wanted to check in and say thank you to all you lovely peeps out there who allayed my fears of the amount of food I was eating (1st week) I lost 4llbs...whoop whoop! Onwards and upwards - have a good week all! :happy036:

Could you make some of your own SW style? You could take them in with you and that way, you can join in for a cuppa but not have the syn attack!!

Could you make some of your own SW style? You could take them in with you and that way, you can join in for a cuppa but not have the syn attack!!

Ahh thank you I didn't think of that. I just keep telling my self that they taste awful, and thinking about the 1lb of fat I looked at the other day.

Hi just wanted to check in and say thank you to all you lovely peeps out there who allayed my fears of the amount of food I was eating (1st week) I lost 4llbs...whoop whoop! Onwards and upwards - have a good week all! :happy036:

:clap: well done

Hi sweetie.... welcome to the party x

Made up for you honey xx

Back