DOING SW FROM HOME???

Started the couch to 5k yesterday. Woke up and wondered why couldn't move my legs then remembered!!! Good job its only 3 time a week cause struggling to get up stairs never mind exercise.

Morning all. Had a crappy day yest. Had a wee fall out with the OH & just ate crap. Not sure of the syns but close to 50 or more so that & the syns I had on Sunday nearly count 4 all 105 weekly syns in 2days. Jst nd 2 try & b extra careful 4 rest wk!!

Back 2 curves 2nite 2 try cut the damage, still a little sore from hill climb okay tho!!

Hope ev1 has a gd day x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

well done on getting straight back to it, that will definitely minimise the damage.

Hope you and OH made up :)

I weighed this morning and lost 2.6lbs, am really happy with that. Had been slightly nervous that after such a good first loss I wouldn't lose much. Brilliant diet :) each night we have cooked a different recipe from either the magazine or this website and I am enjoying the variety of food so much. My shopping bill not so much ;)

My Dh lost 2.4lbs and he admitted he thought he would be losing 5lbs every week so seemed disappointed when I told him that was not realistic. He only has a couple of stone to lose so I imagine his weight loss might slow down to 1-2 lbs. anyone got any ideas how I can keep him motivated and encouraged as he is really doing well just his original expectations were unrealistic probably as he has never dieted properly before?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd just come say hello! I started Slimming World yesterday as I'd like to start losing weight :). I've lost weight before by going to the gym and dieting, but I always put it back on again and I want something that is more sustainable than short term success. I'm also starting to ride my bike to work 4 days a week which is about 5 miles each way so hopefully the 2 combined will help me see some good losses :)

I'm not really into going to Groups and I just don't think I'd get into it but I think an online presence will help me as I can get recipe ideas and it's somewhere to put my good and bad results (although I hope there won't be too many).

I'm currently at my heaviest ever at 19st7lb and would ideally like to be about 14st. I'm 24, male and 6ft1in tall. :) Ideally I'd like to lose the 5st7lb before August 14th as I'm going New York, Rio, Sao Paulo and Miami so it'd be a great opportunity to shop for a new wardrobe :).

I look forward to being part of the group.

Gareth

Started the couch to 5k yesterday. Woke up and wondered why couldn't move my legs then remembered!!! Good job its only 3 time a week cause struggling to get up stairs never mind exercise.

Sara - it will get easier, I promise. I hate exercise, especially running and just yesterday I did day 1 of week 2 of C25K, I do it every other day and I really, really, really want to go again today!! I know it will fudge things up if I do, I know it will overdo things but honestly, just a week ago I would never have imagined being so fired up over running.
Stick with it, you're doing great :-D

(By the way, I found day 2 of week 1 relatively easy, it was harder work on day 3 but that was maybe cos OH came with me. He's away all week but was home at the weekend so thought he'd do me a favour and keep me company. I found it distracting and found myself thinking incredibly defeatist thoughts cos he was much quicker than me. He is used to running though, but I have to say, I like my own space and pace while it's still early days...)

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd just come say hello! I started Slimming World yesterday as I'd like to start losing weight :). I've lost weight before by going to the gym and dieting, but I always put it back on again and I want something that is more sustainable than short term success. I'm also starting to ride my bike to work 4 days a week which is about 5 miles each way so hopefully the 2 combined will help me see some good losses :)

I'm not really into going to Groups and I just don't think I'd get into it but I think an online presence will help me as I can get recipe ideas and it's somewhere to put my good and bad results (although I hope there won't be too many).

I'm currently at my heaviest ever at 19st7lb and would ideally like to be about 14st. I'm 24, male and 6ft1in tall. :) Ideally I'd like to lose the 5st7lb before August 14th as I'm going New York, Rio, Sao Paulo and Miami so it'd be a great opportunity to shop for a new wardrobe :).

Gareth

Hey Gareth and :welcome:.. You'll find loads of support on here, and plenty of recipes too. I can also recommend the excel spreadsheet for keeping a record - it's great to keep you going when you don't lose as much as you hoped, especially if you can see the inches coming off..
Here's a link:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/305078-excel-slimming-world-record-version-2-a.html

Good luck on your journey :)

Hi Everyone,

Gareth

good luck Gareth :)

Thanks everyone. That Spreadsheet will be very useful going forward so I've filled it and saved it and will update every Monday.

Good luck to everyone else too!

Hi Everyone,

Gareth

Welcome aboard! :D

:welcome: newbies. :happy096: to everyone who has lost this week I STS, but happy with that.
Had a lovely few days with my OH and my son at our half term break, we had lovely weather and managed to do lots of out door activities, we even managed to do a 2 mile hike together which was a first, even if OH and I shared a bowl of chips after it!!
Must say I haven't been doing much since then as I've been feeling :yuk:. OH has given me yet another cold, my 3rd since xmas!!!. On the plus side, I have lost another 1/2inch from my thighs and chest. Result !!! and I had a lovely comment from a colleague yesterday, saying that she could tell i had lost weight, said that my face looks slimmer and my waist is more defined !!! :bliss: made my day!!!

Good luck to everyone else who is weighing in this week

:welcome: newbies. :happy096: to everyone who has lost this week I STS, but happy with that.
Had a lovely few days with my OH and my son at our half term break, we had lovely weather and managed to do lots of out door activities, we even managed to do a 2 mile hike together which was a first, even if OH and I shared a bowl of chips after it!!
Must say I haven't been doing much since then as I've been feeling :yuk:. OH has given me yet another cold, my 3rd since xmas!!!. On the plus side, I have lost another 1/2inch from my thighs and chest. Result !!! and I had a lovely comment from a colleague yesterday, saying that she could tell i had lost weight, said that my face looks slimmer and my waist is more defined !!! :bliss: made my day!!!

Oh isn't that nice LyndaAnn - It's so great when someone notices your weight loss without being prompted! Hope you are feeling better x

Oh isn't that nice LyndaAnn - It's so great when someone notices your weight loss without being prompted! Hope you are feeling better x

Thanks Mandy, I'm ok in myself, just have this really annoying cough, and the sniffles!!

Sounds like you had a lovely time with your family, precious memories and still managed not to gain. We'll done :)

Sounds like you had a lovely time with your family, precious memories and still managed not to gain. We'll done :)

Thank you, I did try hard to be good, although my OH was trying hard to tempt me with cookies, at nearly 100cals for 1 cookie, i opted for 2 rich tea's instead, not quite the same, but I felt as though I was included and it meant I had 2 instead of 1!!

Pickled tink I didnt know about the spreadsheet. Wow its fantastic what a great tool! Thanx for sharing.

Well done losers, welcome newbies. 0.5lb off for me this week. :)

i do it at home as well iv never even been to class i use the internet and mums old books and i sometime use the magazines. I'm a student and cant afford to pay for the class! i have a blog that i find keep me motivated and i research stuff to stay on top of it all and this site relay helps me!

Back