DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thank you for the welcome. You've done amazingly well! Is this all with slimming world? x

Thanks honey... I have been slimming for almost 2 years the last 6 months doing slimming world.... my weight loss was very slow for the first 17 months then I went on a 12 week gp's referral to sw.... got all the information and carried on, on my own. My losses have speeded up with sw and although they are not massive losses.... but they all add up .... not only that I enjoy my food too xx

Amazing results :clap:

Thanks honey... I have been slimming for almost 2 years the last 6 months doing slimming world.... my weight loss was very slow for the first 17 months then I went on a 12 week gp's referral to sw.... got all the information and carried on, on my own. My losses have speeded up with sw and although they are not massive losses.... but they all add up .... not only that I enjoy my food too xx

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd report back. Day 4 and I'm still going strong haha! Not had any chocolate or sweets, alcohol or full fat fizzy drinks which has always been my downfall :(.

Was hoping people could just check what I've had this week to tell me if all ok and I'm getting the hand of it because it's a lot to take in at first!

Monday:
Breakfast - 100g Blueberries
Lunch - Ham (fat cut off) Salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber, celery), no sauce or dressings
Dinner - 1 chicken fillet, pasta and mushy peas

Tuesday:
Breakfast - 1 boiled egg and 2 slice whole meal toast (Light Marg)
Lunch - Jacket Potato with beans and small amount of cheese
Dinner - 1 chicken fillet, wholemeal rice and mushy peas
Snack - Blackberries

Wednesday:
Lunch - Lunch - Ham (fat cut off) Salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber, celery), no sauce or dressings
Dinner - 1 steak (fat cut off), wholemeal rice
Snack - Grapes

Thursday:
Breakfast - 3 bacon (fat cut off and grilled), scrambled egg (microwave with just pepper and a little milk) and 2 wholemeal toast
Lunch - Jacket Potato with beans and a little grated cheese. 2 slices of medium rare roast beef
Dinner - I'll be having Nandos Butterfly Chicken Hot) with Corn on the Cob and side salad

Any recommendations or thoughts welcomed :D. I've also started cycling to and from work, I started yesterday and done this morning. It's 5 miles each way so quite a distance!!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd report back. Day 4 and I'm still going strong haha! Not had any chocolate or sweets, alcohol or full fat fizzy drinks which has always been my downfall :(.

Was hoping people could just check what I've had this week to tell me if all ok and I'm getting the hand of it because it's a lot to take in at first!

Monday:
Breakfast - 100g Blueberries
Lunch - Ham (fat cut off) Salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber, celery), no sauce or dressings
Dinner - 1 chicken fillet, pasta and mushy peas

Tuesday:
Lunch - Jacket Potato with beans and small amount of cheese
Dinner - 1 chicken fillet, wholemeal rice and mushy peas
Snack - Blackberries

Wednesday:
Lunch - Lunch - Ham (fat cut off) Salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber, celery), no sauce or dressings
Dinner - 1 steak (fat cut off), wholemeal rice
Snack - Grapes

Thursday:
Breakfast - 3 bacon (fat cut off and grilled), scrambled egg (microwave with just pepper and a little milk) and 2 wholemeal toast
Lunch - Jacket Potato with beans and a little grated cheese. 2 slices of medium rare roast beef
Dinner - I'll be having Nandos Butterfly Chicken Hot) with Corn on the Cob and side salad

Any recommendations or thoughts welcomed :D. I've also started cycling to and from work, I started yesterday and done this morning. It's 5 miles each way so quite a distance!!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hi Gaz

Mostly looks ok. R u having any syns apart from a little butter. U should be using them as they will surprisingly help with the weight loss. Don't really see any HEx's apart from some WM bread and a little grated cheese. Make sure u r drinking plenty water too. Cycling is also a good way to get in The exercise especially going to & from work in the better weather!

Keep it up :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Gaz

Mostly looks ok. R u having any syns apart from a little butter. U should be using them as they will surprisingly help with the weight loss. Don't really see any HEx's apart from some WM bread and a little grated cheese. Make sure u r drinking plenty water too. Cycling is also a good way to get in The exercise especially going to & from work in the better weather!

Keep it up :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya,

Thanks for that :). I have not used many Syns - not really because I don't think I should have them, more because I don't want them. I'm going to Nandos tonight so that'll be a few (but not too many) but I'll try and increase them. I don't really know where to start with healthy extras - I do like cheese so that's why I've been having that but what other stuff is there I could have? I've been having the odd cup of tea, no sugar and red or green (in the morning) but only about 2 cups a day. I've been drinking water a lot more which has replaced full fat coke. I have Pepsi Max or Coca Cola Zero if I feel I need something more.

I'm hoping Cycling will help me on my way to my target a little quicker. August would be an ideal target because I go on holiday for a month then!

Thanks again for your help

Hiya,

Thanks for that :). I have not used many Syns - not really because I don't think I should have them, more because I don't want them. I'm going to Nandos tonight so that'll be a few (but not too many) but I'll try and increase them. I don't really know where to start with healthy extras - I do like cheese so that's why I've been having that but what other stuff is there I could have? I've been having the odd cup of tea, no sugar and red or green (in the morning) but only about 2 cups a day. I've been drinking water a lot more which has replaced full fat coke. I have Pepsi Max or Coca Cola Zero if I feel I need something more.

I'm hoping Cycling will help me on my way to my target a little quicker. August would be an ideal target because I go on holiday for a month then!

Thanks again for your help

Hi ....
I am sure you will have a great weight loss journey but I do think that getting to target by August is very ambitious.... 5.5 stone in five months is an awful lot....

I only loose small amounts each week. 2lb is normally the most I lose so auming at 1lb per week anything else is a bonus for me xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Today is going to be a struggle. Woke up feeling awful, kids not feeling too well either, got coffee and cake morning at school and out to a friends for curry this evening. Thinking it wont be a lose tomorrow (especially after the pancakes) lets just hope its not a gain.

I think I would be lost without all the information on here that people post, it definitely helps me, and I try to have a browse through the pages everyday for inspiring ideas xx

how many syns does everyone use. is it best to use none or is it best to use them every day xx

how many syns does everyone use. is it best to use none or is it best to use them every day xx

I usually use between 10-15 syns each day, I have gone over the 15 a couple of times as well but only once a week. I was always of the impression that the minimum each day should be 5 as it all helps with the weight loss and it the plan doesn't seem to work as well if you have none or try to save them up for the weekend.... I suppose its one of those down to each individual though. I think if I cut them out completely it would feel too much like a restrictive diet and want to binge on rubbish!!

i normally just try to find syn free things during the week, but do use my syns at the weekend, perhaps I should start having at least 5 syns a day then to see how I get on, the trouble is though i feel if I start having syns I will use the whole 15 every day. xx

Today is going to be a struggle. Woke up feeling awful, kids not feeling too well either, got coffee and cake morning at school and out to a friends for curry this evening. Thinking it wont be a lose tomorrow (especially after the pancakes) lets just hope its not a gain.

I'll pop over to your diary for a chat hun xx

i normally just try to find syn free things during the week, but do use my syns at the weekend, perhaps I should start having at least 5 syns a day then to see how I get on, the trouble is though i feel if I start having syns I will use the whole 15 every day. xx

Some people work it out over the week, so you should use 105 syns over the week, may work better for you that way if you are trying to save for the weekend :)

Nothing wrong with using all 15 many people do xx

Back