DOING SW FROM HOME???

Having started group in June and weighing in at 10st 13lb with my size 14's becoming a squeeze, I am now 9st 4lb and a size 8-10.

Our group changed consultant 4 times and venue once so it has been very unsettled, and a lot of members are unhappy!
But I gave it a few weeks and it's no good, I don't feel comfortable in group, the venue is a s h I t hole and the consultant is male and not very good!

So I am going solo!

Any tips, success or horror stories about none group sw??? Get em posted ladies!

Together we can do this alone!!! :)

hi vitology looking for some hints tips etc in doing sw from home i lost 4 last week and gained 1 this week so not happy any ideas

Hi I'm new to the forum and have been doing slimming world from home for 3 weeks now.
I was previously (2 years ago) a group member but as I am a nurse and work shifts I found it difficult to get to group weekly.
The consultant there was not understanding of this at all and it has put me off rejoining.
Having looked for syns online I came along these forums and have decided to join here instead.
You all seem very supportive of each other, with some great ideas so I hoping you can support me in my weight loss and I will support you!

Hi I'm new to the forum and have been doing slimming world from home for 3 weeks now.
I was previously (2 years ago) a group member but as I am a nurse and work shifts I found it difficult to get to group weekly.
The consultant there was not understanding of this at all and it has put me off rejoining.
Having looked for syns online I came along these forums and have decided to join here instead.
You all seem very supportive of each other, with some great ideas so I hoping you can support me in my weight loss and I will support you!

Hi Kittylou
:welcome2: to the mad house! We're a nice bunch in here, and we'll support you all we can ♥

mmmm Nandos....

doesn't sound like you did too badly considering, perhaps you could have had some fruit to snack in between but maybe its just me that likes to snack (sitting in an office never helps)

I did have some grapes and a tangerine on the train back up :). I'm quite happy because I never went over Syns and didn't give in to getting some 'food-on-the-go' which I definitely fancied after an early start. If I wasn't doing this my day would have started with a McDonald's Breakfast, a KFC or Greggs lunch and then probably a take-away when I got home because I wouldn't have bothered to cook :).

Well done everyone :)

3.5 lbs off for me on monday as my holiday is only 39 days away (that's Easter monday just as a heads up) so I got quite serious last week. Although I'd been off work sick Monday and Tuesday and ate rubbish so I'll have to work extra hard to pull it back!

Lovely sunny day here in South Shields......hope it's bright and cheery where ever you all are Xx

Welcome hun, this is the best forum to be on if you want to keep motivated. Loads of great advice and members to help keep you focused on your journey. Good Luck.x
Well done everyone :)

3.5 lbs off for me on monday as my holiday is only 39 days away (that's Easter monday just as a heads up) so I got quite serious last week. Although I'd been off work sick Monday and Tuesday and ate rubbish so I'll have to work extra hard to pull it back!

Lovely sunny day here in South Shields......hope it's bright and cheery where ever you all are Xx

Well done hun great loss this week :)
Nothing like a holiday to keep us motivated. I go in 28 days so I'm trying everything possible to get some extra pounds shifted before then.x

Hi Everyone,

I'm struggling to find info anywhere on this!! Sainsbury's didn't have WW Pitta Breads and I'm making SW Kebabs :). I looked everywhere and decided to go with Sainsbury's own "free from" range pittas which are free from Gluten, Wheat and Dairy. What Syns will each one be or are they ok as a HE??? It's very annoying they don't sell the WW ones :(

Thanks everyone!

I did have some grapes and a tangerine on the train back up :). I'm quite happy because I never went over Syns and didn't give in to getting some 'food-on-the-go' which I definitely fancied after an early start. If I wasn't doing this my day would have started with a McDonald's Breakfast, a KFC or Greggs lunch and then probably a take-away when I got home because I wouldn't have bothered to cook :).

I think your doing excellent :)

I'm quite lucky being in Cyprus I don't get too tempted by the take away foods like I do in UK!

I think your doing excellent :)

I'm quite lucky being in Cyprus I don't get too tempted by the take away foods like I do in UK!

Thanks :). Lucky you... I loved Cyprus when I went, I've always thought it'd be much easier to live and eat well in other European countries - they just seem to have a better relationship with food!! You're doing well too, 33% the way through is some going!

Anyhow, I had my kebab less the bread - I tried one bite of the gluten free stuff and it was foul, like eating sawdust :(. Rest of it was lovely though - made Tzatziki to go with it (fat free natural yoghurt use of course :) )and some Slimming World wedges!! Would recommend to anyone. Had with some lettuce and cucumber as well which complemented it.

Thanks :). Lucky you... I loved Cyprus when I went, I've always thought it'd be much easier to live and eat well in other European countries - they just seem to have a better relationship with food!! You're doing well too, 33% the way through is some going!

Anyhow, I had my kebab less the bread - I tried one bite of the gluten free stuff and it was foul, like eating sawdust :(. Rest of it was lovely though - made Tzatziki to go with it (fat free natural yoghurt use of course :) )and some Slimming World wedges!! Would recommend to anyone. Had with some lettuce and cucumber as well which complemented it.

Oh that made me LOL at the gluten free stuff - my dad is a coeliac and has to have gluten free, there are only a few things that he says are ok when it comes to breads/wraps etc most are like old card!

Cyprus is wonderful for holidays and probably retirement.....but being here for 5 years certainly opens your eyes to what its really like!! To be honest the majority of people here would be considered overweight/obese. They eat a LOT, I know at Easter they challenge each other to eat as much as physically possible sometimes ending with hospital visits for extreme overeating :eek: if they eat out they have meze (i've never managed to try this because I just wouldn't cope with the amount) and I think in some restaurants its 22 'courses' of fish, meats and vegetables!!

Me again roxy!
You must try a meze in a big group so it doesnt go to waste it is fab.
I agree people dont realise how it is to live there. I certainly couldn't. My whole family there and my hubby english and would jump at the chance to go live there but its not so great to work out there, i watch my sister struggle and my dad went out to retire but has had to get a job to help with all the financial crap thats going on at the moment. Not the retirement life he hoped for.
Plus i like a bit of privacy and everyone is in eachothers pockets handing out more food. Boy id be huge!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Me again roxy!
You must try a meze in a big group so it doesnt go to waste it is fab.
I agree people dont realise how it is to live there. I certainly couldn't. My whole family there and my hubby english and would jump at the chance to go live there but its not so great to work out there, i watch my sister struggle and my dad went out to retire but has had to get a job to help with all the financial crap thats going on at the moment. Not the retirement life he hoped for.
Plus i like a bit of privacy and everyone is in eachothers pockets handing out more food. Boy id be huge!!!

I will try it one day, we have a new taverna opened in the village that does an extremely nice one apparently!
Oh the financial stuff here is ridiculous things are just getting more expensive and it wasn't particularly cheap before, we all had salary cuts last year as well (without warning). What they did with the savings accounts was awful its no wonder people don't trust banks. My fiance (English) has Cypriot relatives and when we visit them in London you can't leave without eating something even if you say you've just eaten a 3 course lunch ha ha!!

Yep thats what we bubbles are like. We think food is the way to please people. :D

Hi everyone. I have been on slimming world for 3 weeks now. Been going to group but am finding it hard as I work. I am thinking of doing it from home again like before as I got more support from minis than I have done at any class I have been to. Hope all is going well!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ohh I'm so excited!
So I have been toying with the idea for a few weeks about swiching from group to going alone at home and tomorrow I'm going to buy my digital scales!
Whilst making this decision I have still been on plan...ish! I've been ill so a little extra treats have been in order. My £4 cheap scales are not reliable but I think I may have put on a little. But all in all I have been good. I know it's late in the day and as I'm going to get them tomorrow, but can anyone recomend a good set of digital scales and where they got them from. Many thanks guys!!

Last edited:
Ohh I'm so excited!
So I have been toying with the idea for a few weeks about swiching from group to going alone at home and tomorrow I'm going to buy my digital scales!
Whilst making this decision I have still been on plan...ish! I've been ill so a little extra treats have been in order. My £4 cheap scales are not reliable but I think I may have put on a little. But all in all I have been good. I know it's late in the day and as I'm going to get them tomorrow, but can anyone recomend a good set of digital scales and where they got them from. Many thanks guys!!

Welcome :) and good luck!!! I've never been to a group but this website is great - tells me everything! Even the Syn Free KFC Chicken I'm making tonight. I'm quite enjoying making all these recipes :).

Morning
I'm a bit excited this morning. I will be going to the dentist to fix my missing teeth problem. By time this day is over I should be able to eat more superfree food :D

Great to hear so many positive sounding folks approaching the weekend!

AVCSlimmerBy30 - I got a great set of WW scales from Argos a while ago, I'm sure it's standard functionality these days but was impressed to see you can save your info so it tells you each time you step on how much you've lost or gained plus the usual BMI etc which I don't really think much of myself

Have a great weekend everybody!

I have ww scales too and they seem pretty accurate x

First time trying quorn sausages.....think i prefer sainsburys low fat sausages at 0.5 syns to the quorn sausages for 1 syn but at least can have quorn ones on a green day.

Back