DOING SW FROM HOME???

First time trying quorn sausages.....think i prefer sainsburys low fat sausages at 0.5 syns to the quorn sausages for 1 syn but at least can have quorn ones on a green day.

Have you tried the syn free Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, they are so much nicer than quorn :)

Hi Everyone. I hope no one minds me joining here. I'm not doing SW myself but my husband is. He's being doing SW from home since Jan and so far lost nearly 10lb.

I'm his main cheer squad and i'm also in charge of what he eats most of the time so since he started i've been trying to find as much info and recipes as I can. I stumbled on this place a few weeks ago and have been lurking around reading your advice and recipe ideas and its been really helpful.

I have a few questions about syn values that I can't seem to find an answer for though so I'm hoping someone can help. Hubby is Lactose intolerant so I am having to substitute yogurt, milk and cheese for lactose free or soya varieties. Does anyone know how I can work out a syn value?
Also i've noticed people don't seem to count tea and coffee in food diaries (that i've seen other places) Is that because they are free if you don't add sugar? How many sins do you add for one sugar?

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Everyone. I hope no one minds me joining here. I'm not doing SW myself but my husband is. He's being doing SW from home since Jan and so far lost nearly 10lb.

I'm his main cheer squad and i'm also in charge of what he eats most of the time so since he started i've been trying to find as much info and recipes as I can. I stumbled on this place a few weeks ago and have been lurking around reading your advice and recipe ideas and its been really helpful.

I have a few questions about syn values that I can't seem to find an answer for though so I'm hoping someone can help. Hubby is Lactose intolerant so I am having to substitute yogurt, milk and cheese for lactose free or soya varieties. Does anyone know how I can work out a syn value?
Also i've noticed people don't seem to count tea and coffee in food diaries (that i've seen other places) Is that because they are free if you don't add sugar? How many sins do you add for one sugar?

Thank you so much for your help.

Check out slimming world for beginners by Squiddie. Just scroll down when you enter the slimming world forum there it explains all about how slimming world works. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello!
can I join you? You guys are so supportive
ive ordered my books today from eBay and bought an iPad subscription for slimming world magazine (£14.99 a year) I'm ready to go!
i made the mistake of trying a quick fix with Slimfast this week and had a bad reaction to it so sent it all back! No more quick fixes for me!
Just read though the last 10 pages of this tread, you've had some really great losses at home so I'm hoping to do the same but even if I lose 1lbs a week I don't care anymore, it's so much better than a faddy diet losing loads then putting more back on! I've been trying to lose weight for 7 years and I'm heavier now than when I started!
Sorry to go on a bit! Hope I can offer you some support x

Hello!
can I join you? You guys are so supportive
ive ordered my books today from eBay and bought an iPad subscription for slimming world magazine (£14.99 a year) I'm ready to go!
i made the mistake of trying a quick fix with Slimfast this week and had a bad reaction to it so sent it all back! No more quick fixes for me!
Just read though the last 10 pages of this tread, you've had some really great losses at home so I'm hoping to do the same but even if I lose 1lbs a week I don't care anymore, it's so much better than a faddy diet losing loads then putting more back on! I've been trying to lose weight for 7 years and I'm heavier now than when I started!
Sorry to go on a bit! Hope I can offer you some support x

Welcome and good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah hun STS is good, think of it as a maintain :) You are so close to your target so think how well you've done overall rather than just looking at the picture this week :) xx

I know i should be glad its not a gain but i've not lost for ages and i just want to get rid of these last 2lb and its proving impossible.

Hi all, room for another one? Im doin slimming world from home using books I bought online. I started on 06/02/2014 and hit my first stone yesterday. I've been lurkin on this thread for a while and thought i'd join you all. I would like to loose at least three stone by August and a further stone by December so am hopin this thread will keep me focused. Be patient with me though Im rubbish with technical things, its took me an hour to work out how to register with mm and then leave a post.

Hi all, room for another one? Im doin slimming world from home using books I bought online. I started on 06/02/2014 and hit my first stone yesterday. I've been lurkin on this thread for a while and thought i'd join you all. I would like to loose at least three stone by August and a further stone by December so am hopin this thread will keep me focused. Be patient with me though Im rubbish with technical things, its took me an hour to work out how to register with mm and then leave a post.

Welcome to the madhouse hun. Well done on losing your first stone :)
I've never been to a class, brought any books or magazines. I just come on minimins and get everything I need to know from my lovely minimin friends :) My best advice would be to come on here every day, start a food diary and look at everyone elses food diaries.
Good luck on your journey hun.xx

I think I'm sts this week again, official weigh in tomorrow. A bit annoying as I have been good this week but I have upped my exercise a bit so maybe that's affected it?? Oh well I'm going to carry on as giving up is not an option I'm prepared to take :)

Thanks little miss, you will defo hear from me every day, got to go to wrk soon so will sit down tonight and have a look at the food diary thing, hopefully i will work it out, happy saturday every one.

Thanks little miss, you will defo hear from me every day, got to go to wrk soon so will sit down tonight and have a look at the food diary thing, hopefully i will work it out, happy saturday every one.

I will look forward to reading it when you post. Have a good day at work.x

Child to the left with a chocolate donut and child to the right with a double chocolate cookie....help!

Oh no that's not good, stay strong hun, you don't really want to eat it!!x

Back