DOING SW FROM HOME???

I've just started Slimming World today and I plan on doing it from home. I was in a group for a month or two last year but it drove me mad. It took forever and a day for everyone to get weighed in and the meetings weren't very good. The only apprehension I have about doing it from home is that I mightn't be as disciplined. When someone else weighs you, there's nowhere to hide. Whereas when you're at home, you can brush off a weight gain on the scales.

Now though, I think it will be different. I'm so sick of feeling like i'm bursting out of my clothes. I'm going to keep food diaries every day, plan my meals and weigh in weekly. I have the books from joining last year so I should be okay.

Wish me luck. :)

I've just started Slimming World today and I plan on doing it from home. I was in a group for a month or two last year but it drove me mad. It took forever and a day for everyone to get weighed in and the meetings weren't very good. The only apprehension I have about doing it from home is that I mightn't be as disciplined. When someone else weighs you, there's nowhere to hide. Whereas when you're at home, you can brush off a weight gain on the scales.

Now though, I think it will be different. I'm so sick of feeling like i'm bursting out of my clothes. I'm going to keep food diaries every day, plan my meals and weigh in weekly. I have the books from joining last year so I should be okay.

Wish me luck. :)

Good luck on your journey.
I was the same felt i needed that someone else weighing me, but i made the decision to join here and not lie to anyone as it would be lying to myself. No one knows me but feel now i have the greatest support and friends on here. If you are true to us on here we will be true to you. Put your £5 in a pot instead and treat yourself when you've reached a mini target. Ive got one of those tins you cant get to unless you use the tin opener. So it will be a nice surprise when its opened.
Good luck again. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all, weather has been lovely here so got in the garden and started spring cleaning. Ive been up and down steps, cleaning windows bending down scrubbing floors and moving furniture to hoover. It might not count as body magic but bet ive burnt some calories, well done to the loses and hi to new postsrs.

Hi all, weather has been lovely here so got in the garden and started spring cleaning. Ive been up and down steps, cleaning windows bending down scrubbing floors and moving furniture to hoover. It might not count as body magic but bet ive burnt some calories, well done to the loses and hi to new postsrs.

It counts as body magic in my book. Especially if you don't do that every day ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Can someone help me, im so crap at these things. Ive set up a food diary and want to update it, is there a quick way to find it without scrollin through thousands of other peoples first.

Oh no, not even sure how to find my subscribed threads, and i wouldnt kno how to add it to my favourites, might have to start a new one and try and add it to my favourites this time..

Are you on a laptop? Try clicking on your name at the top right you can then see what you have posted and where.

Nope on my iphone, if i start a new one how do i add it to my favourites and where are your favourites or subscried threads saved, so sorry i think i need more help with how to use minimins than i do with stickin to sw,lol.

If you click more you will see your subscribed threads

aaah cant help with i phone! Usually anything you post on automatically goes on the subscribed threads I just don't know with the iphine if its the same. Sorry hope someone can help.

Nope on my iphone, if i start a new one how do i add it to my favourites and where are your favourites or subscried threads saved, so sorry i think i need more help with how to use minimins than i do with stickin to sw,lol.

Click on the current tab which is the middle bottom of the screen and then participated which is top right. That will list any thread you've posted on :)

Omg im soo dumb, managed to find it, realised i wasnt on the full site so didnt have access to the sections you were referrin to, anyway guys thanks soo much for your help.

:welcome: to all the newbies over the weekend...

Well this morning I slept through my alarm so had to run around like a headless chicken getting ready for work and in the process forgot to weigh today so I've deceided to change my weigh in to Wednesdays. I'm blaming the slice of pizza I ate last night for causing me to sleep in and I actually feel bloated and sicky and can only think its that.....definitely isn't making me want more!!

Good morning every one!

Another loss for me this morning :). Lost 4.2lb this week which puts my total loss for 2 weeks at 13.0lb (so close to 1st). I did that without riding the bike this week (rode it once and back wheel broke so it's been in for repair!).

Hoping for a another good loss this week now I'm back cycling :). Have a good week everyone!

Good morning every one!

Another loss for me this morning :). Lost 4.2lb this week which puts my total loss for 2 weeks at 13.0lb (so close to 1st). I did that without riding the bike this week (rode it once and back wheel broke so it's been in for repair!).

Hoping for a another good loss this week now I'm back cycling :). Have a good week everyone!

:happy096: fantastic loss again even with your Nandos day too...

:wavey: Hello to all the newbies. well done to all the loosers, I STS again this week, although I am hoping to increase my training this week, and as the weather is playing nicely, I can go out for more walks too :).

Hey everyone
I hope you don't mind if I join in?

I did really well with SW a few years back. I have since had a little one who has just turned 2.

Despite losing almost 2 stone since having him, I have spent the past few months on a bender eating terribly bad foods and have fallen off of the wagon spectacularly...

I still need to lose a stone so here I am starting SW from home and hoping to lose :)

Excited and nervous
Good luck everyone xx

Back