DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hey everyone
I hope you don't mind if I join in?

I did really well with SW a few years back. I have since had a little one who has just turned 2.

Despite losing almost 2 stone since having him, I have spent the past few months on a bender eating terribly bad foods and have fallen off of the wagon spectacularly...

I still need to lose a stone so here I am starting SW from home and hoping to lose :)

Excited and nervous
Good luck everyone xx

Welcome along! You will find all sorts of lovely people here and lots of advice and inspiration - I know I do :D

Had another good day today! Can I ask, are Ryvita minis (90 cals per bag) salt and vinegar and cheese and onion a HXb choice? I've been having one as part of a snack everyday, of not I'm guessing it's about 4 1/2 syns per bag? Would rather class it as a HXb though!! X

Had another good day today! Can I ask, are Ryvita minis (90 cals per bag) salt and vinegar and cheese and onion a HXb choice? I've been having one as part of a snack everyday, of not I'm guessing it's about 4 1/2 syns per bag? Would rather class it as a HXb though!! X

They are mate.

Welcome newbies (although im very new too) another busy day at work, had to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at my desk, so glad i prepared all three meals last nite. Did have a sneaky pack of hula hoops though so what with that and syns used over the wkend im on free and super free only til wi on friday.

Worried about tomorrow, I spend the weekend and Monday with my husband so over eating isn't a problem as he eats healthy food, tomorrow he's at work and I'll be home on my own! That's the time I normally stuff myself stupid (normally takeaway as we don't have junk in the house) I need to stay strong and keep going, normally I just say sod it and get junk but this time I'm going to plan! I'm working from home so will be busy which normally means I neglect myself till I get really hungry. Wish me luck! I need to make this change to slimming world stick for good

Worried about tomorrow, I spend the weekend and Monday with my husband so over eating isn't a problem as he eats healthy food, tomorrow he's at work and I'll be home on my own! That's the time I normally stuff myself stupid (normally takeaway as we don't have junk in the house) I need to stay strong and keep going, normally I just say sod it and get junk but this time I'm going to plan! I'm working from home so will be busy which normally means I neglect myself till I get really hungry. Wish me luck! I need to make this change to slimming world stick for good

My biggest mistake is not eating all day then just reaching for anything because I am sooo hungry. Ive learnt to have things to hand throughout the day to pick on, low syn snacks grapes and cherries are my saviour because I can just pop them in whilst doing other things. As long as the tummy gets something to work on throughout the day then the metabolism keeps up too.
Wish you lots of luck. If you want this enough it can be done.

That's what I'm loving about slimming world, the past couple of days, getting used to it now I can put it to the test, I might put all my free and HXb snacks near me so I can reach for them easily. I hate doing it to myself and give in so easily then I'm back to square one and feel fat and guilty, I'm going to take it hour by hour and stick it out. I have such strong junk cravings it drives me mad. I know I have to make the first week then the momentum will keep me going, I'm reading through the magazines the before and after stories and I so badly want that to be me! X

Hello fellow home slimmers :) hope you don't mind me joining in! I've been following sw for around a month now, have lost 3kg so far, steadier than I thought- you see people losing that in the first wk!
I was wondering, does everyone weigh in weekly, or even on the same day each wk?
Rosie x

Well done on your losses so far. Most of us weigh in once a week on the same day (although we have been know to peek mid week!!), and at around the same time, as your weight can fluctuate quite a lot during the day. there are threads on weekly weigh ins you can join, there is one for every day. Good luck on your journey :)

Hi guys, I'm a do it at home girl but I've been fairly bad lately. Have started and re-started quite a bit. Started again last Monday and had a sneaky weigh on Friday, normally I'd lose about 4lb by then so was annoyed when I only saw 2 gone. So what did I do? Broke it over weekend and the 2 I lost went back up again. It's nice to read people's comments on here and realise we all slip up and it's not an easy road for most of us. So back on track again and forward we go, good luck to everyone this week xx

Hi guys, I'm a do it at home girl but I've been fairly bad lately. Have started and re-started quite a bit. Started again last Monday and had a sneaky weigh on Friday, normally I'd lose about 4lb by then so was annoyed when I only saw 2 gone. So what did I do? Broke it over weekend and the 2 I lost went back up again. It's nice to read people's comments on here and realise we all slip up and it's not an easy road for most of us. So back on track again and forward we go, good luck to everyone this week xx

I know it's frustrating when you have losses that you feel aren't big enough, I try to tell myself that every pound off is a great achievement, even a STS means things aren't getting worse. Eating healthily is an end in itself as you are nurturing and nourishing your body rather than punishing and challenging it with food that is bad for it. Sorry - off soap box now!! It's amazing how those odd pounds add up to a loss that is really noticeable and sustainable. Keep going, the rewards are huge :D xx

I know how annoying and frustrating it is not to get a big loss but in the long run all those little losses add up. I get upset with small losses but have put so much weight on over the years from yo yoing that I'm happy to have small losses now! As long as I get to target I'm ok! I know it's a lifestyle change and not a diet.
Hope you have a great week x

Thanks for welcoming me in :) it's a real inspiration reading about everyone else's journeys and knowing that I am not alone xx

Ah thanks guys, the support is great, looking forward to the company along the way xx

Back