DOING SW FROM HOME???

Morning guys.
I am really upset at the moment. I am a dress size down, have eaten well all week, been walking more than normal ( doing 5.5 miles yesterday alone ) and have gained 4lb????
I know I am not due on till next week and but am a bit constipated due to IBS, but I am at a loss and really fed up now. I seem to lose 4lb in a couple of weeks and then, bang, it's back on again! :(:(:(:(:(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah hun don't be upset. You are a dress size down so that must feel fab. Sometimes you just have to ignore the scales and look at your body.x

Morning guys. I am really upset at the moment. I am a dress size down, have eaten well all week, been walking more than normal ( doing 5.5 miles yesterday alone ) and have gained 4lb???? I know I am not due on till next week and but am a bit constipated due to IBS, but I am at a loss and really fed up now. I seem to lose 4lb in a couple of weeks and then, bang, it's back on again! :(:(:(:(:( Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That could easily be water weight which will disappear over a few days. Do you drink enough during the day? If you aim for 3 litres a day it will quickly go again :)

Morning all - I just have a quick question......
Is it ok to freeze, to cook later, homemade burgers that I made with egg and put a cheese triangle in the centre??

Hey people!
I've just joined Slimming World online and am a bit lost with the site! ha!

Can anyone tell me if there is any way of creating a 7 day meal planner online?
And also - when I go to my shopping list it's obviously empty atm but how do I create a list for example?

Any other useful features?

Thanks!
E x

Hello!

sorry I don't do slimming world online, just the books and magazines, good luck with your weight loss though
you might get an answer in the main forum?

Morning all - I just have a quick question......
Is it ok to freeze, to cook later, homemade burgers that I made with egg and put a cheese triangle in the centre??

Ive done that before and have been fine. no food poisoning there. x

That could easily be water weight which will disappear over a few days. Do you drink enough during the day? If you aim for 3 litres a day it will quickly go again :)

Thanks Pippa. I'll try that as I don't drink enough water.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi,

It's getting tougher now!! Got a work event tomorrow evening which is going to be very difficult as they always involve food and intoxication. I've not Syn'd a great deal this week to try and save up but I fear I'll be smashing through the Syns :(. Also got a night out on 5th April, going to a wedding 17th/18th April and I'm having a party 20th April so a very hard few weeks.

How do others cope with it? Do they save all their Syns or just have a few 'naughty' days and totally disregard them as lost? :S

I haven't had a big event yet since starting as my weekend away I was able to stay on plan and on Friday we have a charity event but I'm eating before we go but I would probably have free/superfree days on the run up to going out and just go for healthy options or if it's totally out of my control then just enjoy it but don't eat everything in sight! I don't drink so those extra syns I don't have to worry about!
Ideally I would love to stay in till I'm at target and not have to worry about off plan food but life happens lol!

I haven't had a big event yet since starting as my weekend away I was able to stay on plan and on Friday we have a charity event but I'm eating before we go but I would probably have free/superfree days on the run up to going out and just go for healthy options or if it's totally out of my control then just enjoy it but don't eat everything in sight! I don't drink so those extra syns I don't have to worry about!
Ideally I would love to stay in till I'm at target and not have to worry about off plan food but life happens lol!

Life can throw things in our way that we just need to do. I don't think it'll be a problem food wise tomorrow - we are going to East Z East and they have healthy options menu so they grill it for you and I can have boiler rice. The alcohol will be the problem, not a drop has passed my mouth in over 3 weeks (which for me is massive - it used to be a bottle of wine a night at least!). It'd be very hard not to drink in this social situation and I don't think I'd have a good time in the company of the people I'm going out with without a few drinks - I'm going to try Vodka with Diet Coke instead of red wine or cider though.

Hi I'm new to slimming world and doing it from home due to shift work I do. I'm not sure if I am doing it correct! Help please

Thank you for getting back to me. My partners mum has been doing sw for a while now so she told me how it's done and gave me books, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not. I'm a vegetarian so everyday is green day for me. This is what I usually tend to have. Please tell me if I am having enough.
breakfast; 2 weetabix with 250ml semi skimmed milk plus a banana lunch: a slice of thick 50/50 bread with 1 quorn burger with grapes and 2 satsumas dinner: homemade spaghetti bolognese made with quorn and salad syns: 1 packet of walkers baked crisps. 1 bag of fun size maltesers, table spoon of tomato ketchup thank you for your help xx

Do people choose which plan to follow for the day in advance and stick to it,or see how the day goes?? Eg,I have a neutral breakfast and salad with seafood sticks for lunch,intending to have a red day. But,if I have this correct, I can turn my chilli and hexb rice for tea into EE,so chilli and rice in equal portions,served with a large salad,roast peppers and a hexb ww wm pitta? I would also have fruit with my lunch xx

Thank you for getting back to me. My partners mum has been doing sw for a while now so she told me how it's done and gave me books, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not. I'm a vegetarian so everyday is green day for me. This is what I usually tend to have. Please tell me if I am having enough. breakfast; 2 weetabix with 250ml semi skimmed milk plus a banana lunch: a slice of thick 50/50 bread with 1 quorn burger with grapes and 2 satsumas dinner: homemade spaghetti bolognese made with quorn and salad syns: 1 packet of walkers baked crisps. 1 bag of fun size maltesers, table spoon of tomato ketchup thank you for your help xx

The 50/50 bread doesn't count as a healthy extra, it needs to be wholemeal, so that needs to be synned. I don't go to group or have up to date books anymore so I tend to google EVERYTHING and if I can't find it I ask on here. There's always someone who is able to help :)

I personally find meal planning everyday helps me keep on track - if I know what I'm going to eat I don't stray!

Your meals themselves look great though - well done for having your superfree! That's the thing I think a lot of people struggle with when they first start (unless you're like me and just have an issue with midweek drinking! Wine is so cruel!)

When you have more questions ask away. It might also be worth subscribing to a couple of people's diary, that always gives me ideas for things :)

Do people choose which plan to follow for the day in advance and stick to it,or see how the day goes?? Eg,I have a neutral breakfast and salad with seafood sticks for lunch,intending to have a red day. But,if I have this correct, I can turn my chilli and hexb rice for tea into EE,so chilli and rice in equal portions,served with a large salad,roast peppers and a hexb ww wm pitta? I would also have fruit with my lunch xx

Yep that's right. I tend to stick to EE just to avoid confusion, but everyone is different. I also plan my meals with military precision so there is no room for manoeuvre! Your day looks great though and unless you want double healthy extras you can easily make it an EE day (as long as you keep to your 1/3 superfree).

Back