DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi everyone, I haven't officially introduced myself but wanted to now. :) I'm doing SW from home as I can't get to classes so I'm following SW with books, magazines, websites and this forum. :) I'm enjoying the different dishes I can eat although I have had a couple of days where I've eaten a bit too much... anyway, I started to lose weight last year, put it back on but since the beginning of February(ish) 2014 I have lost nearly a stone through healthy eating. I have found that using a smaller plate helps, as it means smaller portions and I always feel just as 'satisfied' after a smaller portion.

.... anyway hello. :)

Hiya lauuuu10 deffo day off plan for me too, roast lamb with all the trimmings. A day 1 for me tomorrow :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi. :) I think today I had a bit too much chocolate so I'm back on track as of tomorrow. Been so good for the past few days so feel a bit guilty now. Lots and lots of fruit and veg over the next few days I think. :)

Doing sw from home tips?

Hi everyone
I've decided not to go to class anymore as I don't enjoy it, or get anything out of it, and it's more convenient to weigh at home.
I have been on and off sw for years, at classes and at home. And the same thing usually happens, give up after a few bad weeks etc.
I was wanting to know if anyone has any tips what keeps them going? When you're doing it in your own, how do you keep going when you've put on etc?
I'm just feeling really unmotivated at the mo, and bored of quorn and salad etc.
I know I need to put more time and effort into it all.
Does anyone reward themselves when they lose? Or put on?

Thanks x

Hi!

I'm also a home slimmer as can't afford the classes.....here are my top tips!

*i plan a 'diet free' night once a mth, sometimes twice. Helps give me an incentive to stay good in between.

*use this site for motivation & support, recipe ideas etc.

*trying new recipes stops boredom & means ur more likely to stick.

* I plan my weekly meals & food shop accordingly, if it's not in the house then you won't eat it! Plus, if my planner says I'm having fish & veg on Weds, I'm more likely to go through with it.

*consider birthdays, work nights out etc? plan ahead! Be extra good that week! ( or the week after....)

*i keep a daily food diary to track HEXs and syns

*i put my weekly weight loss on the calendar so I can see my progress.

*Set yourself mini goals as well as long term.

:)

Putting your weight loss on the calendar is a great idea.I must start doing that myself.At least you can see your progress.

I'm going to start doing it from home as well.Classes are not for me,there just to clicky.I think I might start saving the €9 a week,then reward myself with new clothing from what I have saved up.

Hi everyone, I haven't officially introduced myself but wanted to now. :) I'm doing SW from home as I can't get to classes so I'm following SW with books, magazines, websites and this forum. :) I'm enjoying the different dishes I can eat although I have had a couple of days where I've eaten a bit too much... anyway, I started to lose weight last year, put it back on but since the beginning of February(ish) 2014 I have lost nearly a stone through healthy eating. I have found that using a smaller plate helps, as it means smaller portions and I always feel just as 'satisfied' after a smaller portion.

.... anyway hello. :)

Hi and welcome! :D

Happy Monday everyone - only half a pound off for me this week but that will do me. 3 weeks til my holidays - and that's 3 weeks until Easter Monday folks

Hi manicdeb,
your weight loss is amazing, you were about the same weight and height as me when you started, and I also want to get to 9.7 do you have any tips? I'd appreciate any help. As today is my first day x x

2lb on for me this week :sigh:, was feeling :cry:when I got on the scales on Saturday, but I realised that I am retaining water again and this would account for it, especially when I've been on plan 90% this week!! Hoping to make it up over this week and see a good loss :fingerscrossed:

Even though it was mother's day yesterday I was very good, I asked that I had no choccies (as i would eat them all!!) and they listened and I had a gym membership instead :character00116:, we went out for Mother's day lunch on saturday as hubby was away yesterday, but was very good and had a small roast dinner, no dessert and a diet lemonade.
Yesterday I made lasagne, and it was really lovely, have a bit for lunch today too!!!
feeling a bit :sigh2: today, probably hormone related!!!!!
hope everyone is having a good day

2lb on for me this week :sigh:, was feeling :cry:when I got on the scales on Saturday, but I realised that I am retaining water again and this would account for it, especially when I've been on plan 90% this week!! Hoping to make it up over this week and see a good loss :fingerscrossed:

Even though it was mother's day yesterday I was very good, I asked that I had no choccies (as i would eat them all!!) and they listened and I had a gym membership instead :character00116:, we went out for Mother's day lunch on saturday as hubby was away yesterday, but was very good and had a small roast dinner, no dessert and a diet lemonade.
Yesterday I made lasagne, and it was really lovely, have a bit for lunch today too!!!
feeling a bit :sigh2: today, probably hormone related!!!!!
hope everyone is having a good day

What a great Mothers Day present - I'm sure you will make the most of that gym membership. Sorry you are feeling a bit down today, I know how you feel, my Aunt Flo was due to visit two weeks ago and still hasn't arrived, but I am still having symptoms to suggest she's on her way :mad: Bloomin menopause!

What a great Mothers Day present - I'm sure you will make the most of that gym membership. Sorry you are feeling a bit down today, I know how you feel, my Aunt Flo was due to visit two weeks ago and still hasn't arrived, but I am still having symptoms to suggest she's on her way :mad: Bloomin menopause!

Thanks Mandy, It was very thoughtful of them, my OH know how much i want to shift this weight and he is very supportive (thank goodness!!) Sometimes being a woman is hard with all these blinking hormones running riot!!! I'm sure I will feel better in a day or two!!!, hope you start to feel better too (or we can be miserable together!!!! ;))

Thanks Pippa

Good idea Celtic chick. I might do the same! I've just bought some scales for weighing at home, and will put the £5 aside week, maybe buy a reward for each half stone :)

Hi manicdeb,
your weight loss is amazing, you were about the same weight and height as me when you started, and I also want to get to 9.7 do you have any tips? I'd appreciate any help. As today is my first day x x

Hi Amz,

Well done for choosing the only eating plan you'll ever need! I hope you're full of enthusiasm for the journey ahead eating lots and lots of lovely food and feeling better and better about yourself in every way!!!

As you can see I started 1st April 2010 and was down to 9st 5 by 1st August that same year. Looking back now it seems a very short space of time to loose everything I wanted to. A few months later I was diagnosed with an auto-immune liver disease and put weight back on gradually due to the steroids and other tablets I had to take to get me outta that horrible emergency assessment ward. My weight flucuates crazily thoroughout the day and week but I'd been hovering around 10 and a half stone for a couple of years. Whenever I have a holiday planned (or just feel my clothes getting a bit too tight) I do a few weeks SW and get back to around 9st 9ish without too much effort.

For me the key is not depriving myself of chocolate. I find I can get through a working day very easily without using any (or very few) syns, eating a hard boiled egg/fruit/yoghurts for breakfast and mugshots or a nice home made sarnie (with my HEXB) for lunch then I can have a big tea - again, either syn free or very minimal syns and still comfortably have enough syns left over for a full sized crunchie or turkish delight with a cuppa once I'm settled in bed with the telly on. Choc is my weakness but knowing I can have a full bar later on usually stops me munching at the catering at work lunches or birthday cakes.
I also make a mean chilli and curry which I make in huge batches and can quite easily eat 2 or 3 night during the week. I guess for most people they prefer variety but it tastes sooo good I just never get tired of it. Sunday lunches are a breeze for me as I'm not to bothered about yorkshire puds or roast potatoes. Again, I'd rather save the syns and have that Crunchie :)

I keep plenty of snacks with me when I'm out shopping. Quavers (only 4 syns) babybels (HEXA) fruit of course and an aplen light bar in case the girls decide to go for a fancy coffee and cake

I used to weigh myself ALL THE TIME and can honestly say it did me more harm than good. It's great having a sneak peek and seeing a loss but it can totally deflate you (not literally HA HA) if you see a gain and as I fluctuate so much I've stopped. I weigh in at home first thing Monday morning now.

M&S and Asda have some really good low syn ready meals for when you're under the weather or in a hurry but check syns before you munch as some are a LOT more than you'd expect.

Use the lovely people on here for inspiration. It really is a great site.

Keep us all informed of how you get on and of course ask anything you're not sure of!

Flamin heck this post is like war and peace!

Best of luck!

Love Deb Xx

Last edited:
Back