DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yeah going to class really motivates you as you feel more under pressure to lose weight lol!
This forum is fantastic so hopefully I'll be able to stick to it everyone seems to be so lovely! :) :) x

Yeah going to class really motivates you as you feel more under pressure to lose weight lol!
This forum is fantastic so hopefully I'll be able to stick to it everyone seems to be so lovely! :) :) x

Hey... i feel the same. Im hoping 4 my WI day 2 b a friday, so ill keep u all posted on my progress :)

Hi newbies I haven't already said hi to and good luck! Bubble77 gave me the advice to keep a food diary when I first joined the thread and im finding it helps. When I went to meetings I always felt bad if I went over syns and had to show the consultant my food diary (chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, cheese and more chocolate) and feel the same about it on here. If I actually have to type all the bad things knowing someone may read it makes me think twice plus I can look back and see where I may have gone wrong.

Hi

I decided not to go to a group as I know that with work, a child and other commitments I wont go. I feel more motivated to do it at home as the time is right and I know that I need to change my weight!

Like others have said I bought some books, did a lot of research and then by luck found this site. I have been finding this sooo useful as it gives a lot of support and answers pretty much all the questions I have come up with! Have also started a food diary which motivates me to stick to what I say I will do and helps with the planning. I think that I would lose this if I went to a group as I wouldn't care so much about making sure I was posting.

Good luck everyone! xxx

Hi newbies I haven't already said hi to and good luck! Bubble77 gave me the advice to keep a food diary when I first joined the thread and im finding it helps. When I went to meetings I always felt bad if I went over syns and had to show the consultant my food diary (chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, cheese and more chocolate) and feel the same about it on here. If I actually have to type all the bad things knowing someone may read it makes me think twice plus I can look back and see where I may have gone wrong.

Totally agree with posting and thinking twice before you eat! xx

Great...
Im hoping to post a few things days worth of my food diary, just to check im on the rite track :)xx

Does anyone know how many syns are in tescos fresh mash?? You know the one that they sell and its already made?
Thanx :)

Hello there,

Started slimming world from home two days ago, day 3 and its going quite well. Currently on maternity leave my baby is 7 months, its so easy to not exercise I think that's my down fall as me and my partner eat quite well, he's athletic and runs 4 times a week but I don't do anything apart from tidying up and general trips to the shops. Is it possible to do this successfully from home? I went to group in 2009 so know the diet. I've tried it numerous times since I had my baby but I feel like I get no where so give up. What's best to do - red green or ee? As I don't exercise a lot, definatley going to try a few trips to the park for a walk of a day. I hope to lose 4 stone. Any tips or advice would be a big help xx

Hello there,

Started slimming world from home two days ago, day 3 and its going quite well. Currently on maternity leave my baby is 7 months, its so easy to not exercise I think that's my down fall as me and my partner eat quite well, he's athletic and runs 4 times a week but I don't do anything apart from tidying up and general trips to the shops. Is it possible to do this successfully from home? I went to group in 2009 so know the diet. I've tried it numerous times since I had my baby but I feel like I get no where so give up. What's best to do - red green or ee? As I don't exercise a lot, definatley going to try a few trips to the park for a walk of a day. I hope to lose 4 stone. Any tips or advice would be a big help xx

Hi Michaela, welcome to Mins - I also did SW years ago and went to a group, if I'm absolutely truthful my weight loss probably was quicker going to group than it has been this time doing it from home, however going to group is expensive and doesn't really fit in with my lifestyle now. I find a combination of exercise and following the plan 100% is the best way and there is plenty of support, advice and recipes on here to help you :)

Hello there,

Hi Michaela, I'm doing SW from home to and in my first week (weighin Fri) so id be happy to bounce ideas with you, I'm keeping a diary to keep me on track in my blogs so I can see what i' doing plus knowing others can see it makes me keep on track. I've also got between 4-5 stone to lose in total but starting with 2 stone first.

Hi all! I'm doing sw from home also - I have just finished week one and have lost 5 pounds so got off to an ok start.. My goal is to get 3 stone off! Best of luck to everyone :)

Hi everyone!

Ive always been a curvy girl, unfortunatly at my lowest emotional point i went upto my highest ever weight about 3 years ago. Luckily i have managed to shift 6 stone of that now just by eating less and walking more.
I think me and my fiance have got to the stage where we have got "comfortable" and the weight seems to be creeping up again. We are both tall, so I know i dont look my weight, my eyes look at the scales and tell me so!
I would like to lose another 3 - 4 stone so have started slimming world this week. I'm not actually going to the meetings as I dont get home from work in time - but one of my friends goes and has got me the starter pack.
I was just wondering if anyone has a list of syns - or knows a website that lists a few. And any recipe websites would be fab too!

I've never joined a forum before so hoping it will help me stick to it and give me motivation! You all seem lovely!
Sorry for the long essay ladies!

Xxx

Hi everyone!

Ive always been a curvy girl, unfortunatly at my lowest emotional point i went upto my highest ever weight about 3 years ago. Luckily i have managed to shift 6 stone of that now just by eating less and walking more.
I think me and my fiance have got to the stage where we have got "comfortable" and the weight seems to be creeping up again. We are both tall, so I know i dont look my weight, my eyes look at the scales and tell me so!
I would like to lose another 3 - 4 stone so have started slimming world this week. I'm not actually going to the meetings as I dont get home from work in time - but one of my friends goes and has got me the starter pack.
I was just wondering if anyone has a list of syns - or knows a website that lists a few. And any recipe websites would be fab too!

I've never joined a forum before so hoping it will help me stick to it and give me motivation! You all seem lovely!
Sorry for the long essay ladies!

Xxx

Welcome to Mins, you will find plenty of support and advice on here :)

Thank you for the reply! Finding this site so helpful!!

Is it bad to weigh yourself more than once a week? I did it yesterday and hadnt shifted any weight. My OH said just to do
it once a week cause it wont fall off immediatly?

Thanks!

Xxx

Thank you for the reply! Finding this site so helpful!!

Is it bad to weigh yourself more than once a week? I did it yesterday and hadnt shifted any weight. My OH said just to do
it once a week cause it wont fall off immediatly?

Thanks!

Xxx

Most people on here sneak a peek at the scales more than once a week - I don't think it matters as long as you don't become disheartened when you see the weight fluctuations. I've gone down to once a fortnight WIs because I felt once a week was putting too much pressure on me and I just want to enjoy the other aspects of losing weight, like clothes fitting better and more energy and the compliments you get, without focusing on the numbers too much. It's really what ever works for you :)

Very true! To be honest im going by dress size at the moment. I know i will never be my " perfect weight" cause im quite tall and broad. I used to be a size 28 at my biggest. Currently now an 18 or sometimes a 16 depending on material. Id like to get into a comfy 16 though. Not worry about it being too tight!

I have a sweet tooth so im finding not having dessert hard. Do you know any that are low or free
in syns?

xxx

Very true! To be honest im going by dress size at the moment. I know i will never be my " perfect weight" cause im quite tall and broad. I used to be a size 28 at my biggest. Currently now an 18 or sometimes a 16 depending on material. Id like to get into a comfy 16 though. Not worry about it being too tight!

I have a sweet tooth so im finding not having dessert hard. Do you know any that are low or free
in syns?

xxx

Well I am a chocoholic so I use some of my syns up on either Jaffa cakes (2.5 syns ea) or 2 finger KitKat (5.5 syns) or Freddo bars (5 syns)
There are all sorts of recipes on here for low syn desserts, well worth a look, just use the search facility at the top of the page. I like Activia 0% yoghurts as well, they are mostly syn free and help with a sweet tooth! Mullerlight yoghurts are the same and they form the base of a lot of the dessert recipes on here as does Quark cheese flavoured with various things.

Back