DOING SW FROM HOME???

Morning everyone x
Been doing sw since 2009, but had s baby in 2011, needless to say the weight piled on! Lost all baby weight & a little more since, but been adding extra things eg fasting, detox. Worked at the time, but now feel like I've lost my SW way? Decided to go bk to SW 100% as of today, no extras, so hoping this thread can help me along the way again? Xx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi everyone!

Only been on SW for a couple of weeks, did really well on the first week & lost 6lbs. Unfortunatly this week hasnt been so good. Had some bad news in the family & when i feel low i comfort eat :-(
Any tips on how to breakthrough the bad eating stage?

thanks xx

Hi Joanne
Sory to hear that you are having a difficult time at mo. I suppose with SW you really have to be prepared and organised, and in particular now for yourself. Have plenty of fruit and low syns snacks to hand, so when you do what to comfort eat you can eat those. Hopefully things will start to settle down for you and your family :) xxx

Thank you for your quick reply Gltzy!

Thanks for the motivation, hopefully things settle down soon :)
Just a quick question, I have a sweet tooth, and im struggling to find syn free / low syn sweet things to eat ? other than fruit. Any ideas?

xxx

Thank you for your quick reply Gltzy! Thanks for the motivation, hopefully things settle down soon :) Just a quick question, I have a sweet tooth, and im struggling to find syn free / low syn sweet things to eat ? other than fruit. Any ideas? xxx

Pop some grapes in the freezer. Once frozen you can suck them like a nice boiled sweet. I like the frozen cherries and tend to use them more.
I also make an eaton mess which is very yummy. I know it has fruit in it but very yummy and will satisfy your sweet tooth. Mini meringues are not too synful

Only joined yesterday but am thinking of going it alone at home as the consultant is so rubbish. I will keep going for a few weeks to get all the books that I want and then I shall do it with just the support from the forum.

Hi Everyone

Would you mind if I joined you? I will be honest from the start and let you know that I have absolutely no will power whatsoever, the amount of times I have failed in the past is too embarrassing to even think about but here I am now at my heaviest weight and a holiday booked in September and I am desperate to make a change in my life.

I have done absolutely every diet out there known to man and tbh I am fed up and so disappointed in myself. I have done SW many times in the past and although I managed to loose a couple of stone in 2008 I have been totally unsuccessful since. In 2008 I was on the Red and Green plans and managed to loose 1.5 stone in 10 weeks whereas on EE I only lost 5lb in 12 weeks so I think that it's going to have to be red and green days for me which is a shame because EE gives you so much freedom but hey it is what it is.

The other issue I have is alcohol, I tend to have a glass or three of wine most evenings maybe more at the weekend and this is something that I know has become a bad habit, I know I'm using it as crutch to feel better about myself and I really want to restrict it or give it up completely but I just cannot seem to manage it, this does not help with being successful on plan. Does anyone have any advise that could help me.

Sorry for the rambling but I just want to feel in control again and look nice in clothes rather than feeling so self conscious all the time. Any buddies would be gratefully received. xx

Hi pink robin!

Good luck in your journey - well done for making the first step :)

You mention you prefer EE because it gives you more freedom but don't want to it because the losses are slower. I would suggest it's worth you thinking about doing EE as although it might take longer, if you enjoy it then it will be more sustainable.

I used to drink a lot in the evenings too, but I now limit myself to Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and try to be aware of how many syns I'm using, even when I'm now sticking within my limits! Syns for wine quickly rack up. Maybe switch to gin and slim or vodka and diet coke and try to make them last longer?

Just a couple of ideas, hope it helps :)

Hi Everyone

Would you mind if I joined you? I will be honest from the start and let you know that I have absolutely no will power whatsoever, the amount of times I have failed in the past is too embarrassing to even think about but here I am now at my heaviest weight and a holiday booked in September and I am desperate to make a change in my life.

I have done absolutely every diet out there known to man and tbh I am fed up and so disappointed in myself. I have done SW many times in the past and although I managed to loose a couple of stone in 2008 I have been totally unsuccessful since. In 2008 I was on the Red and Green plans and managed to loose 1.5 stone in 10 weeks whereas on EE I only lost 5lb in 12 weeks so I think that it's going to have to be red and green days for me which is a shame because EE gives you so much freedom but hey it is what it is.

The other issue I have is alcohol, I tend to have a glass or three of wine most evenings maybe more at the weekend and this is something that I know has become a bad habit, I know I'm using it as crutch to feel better about myself and I really want to restrict it or give it up completely but I just cannot seem to manage it, this does not help with being successful on plan. Does anyone have any advise that could help me.

Sorry for the rambling but I just want to feel in control again and look nice in clothes rather than feeling so self conscious all the time. Any buddies would be gratefully received. xx

Welcome to Mins! I used to drink most nights too before SW and some health problems made me re-think. I have a glass of wine on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and syn them, the rest of the week I drink low cal tonic water and kid myself it has gin in it :D it works quite well if you add a slice of lemon.

Aw ladies thank you so much for your warm welcome, it's great to hear that I'm not alone with the demon drink and your suggestions regarding a switch from wine is what I know I need to do, I just find the doing a little harder but hopefully now I'm on here maybe that will help to strengthen my resolve.

I would love to try the EE again but I find such slow losses disheartening as I have so much to lose and when this happens I think 'sod it, it's not working' and I dive head first into the first chocolate cake I can find so I don't know whether I have the courage to try it again.

My thinking is that if I do red and green and get some of this weight off I may find that it brings the confidence to try the EE again. Can I ask, are the majority of you guys doing EE and if so have you found the weight losses slower? My holiday is in September so that gives me just over 3 and half months, I would love to lose minimum of 3 stone by then, do you think that is possible?

Another question, if you don't mind, do you do much exercise?

Sorry for all the questions, unfortunately I'm sure I will have plenty more!!!

Hi pink robin, i'm doing extra easy and so far lost 10lb in 3 weeks. I find it easy to follow and as long as you eat plenty of veg, salad and fruit with meals its a good steady loss. I'm lucky as i don't drink alcohol but my achillies heel is junk and sweet things, I have decided to cut these totally out of my diet and i'm glad i have as there is no way i could have a little...i'm an all or nothing...take your time getting used to the EE, write everything down that you eat even if it's a lick of a spoon lol. Good luck x

Hi :) Also going away in September and whilst 3+ stone off would be fab,I'm aiming for 2 with anymore being a bonus. Also battling the demon wine...just love the stuff!!! I've switched to ready mixed gin and slimline tonic- half a can at a time mixed with more tonic. Not the same but better for me :) Trying to start more exercise to help tone up. Don't mind being a bit bigger than others round the pool as long I don't wobble as much!!! Happy to be your diet buddy any time you need some support :) Oh,I do mostly red/green with ee at weekends for convenience :-D x

Last edited:
Thank you girls, you have given me a light at the end of the very long tunnel. WOW denise42 10 pounds in 3 weeks is great now I'm even more tempted to try the EE, oh what to do????

Beachbabetobe13 - thanks for the suggestion for the substitute wine option you are so strong, total admiration m'lady. Have you ever tried EE? or have you always been a red/green girl?

Right I'm giving myself a serious kick up the backside, thank you so much all of you x

I too used to drink almost every night before I started SW, which was not only not good for losing weight, but not ultra-healthy either. I'm not very good at "I'll just have the one", so for the first six weeks on SW I didn't drink at all (very hard for the first couple of weeks, but it got easier!). Now I drink wine at the weekends but don't drink at all during the week. I did try swapping to spirits/mixers, but that didn't work for me because I still wanted wine! I decided better to enjoy the syns I wanted than "waste" syns on stuff I didn't want and end up resentful.

Everybody is different though, you need to experiment and see what works for you. I now have no problem being alcohol-free/low syn during the week, because I know I have that bottle of red to look forward to on Fridays!

Also, your losses are not necessarily going to be better on red/green. I do Green days all the time as I am a vegetarian, and although I occasionally have big losses, on average I lose about a pound and a half a week. Again, everyone is different!

Thank you girls, you have given me a light at the end of the very long tunnel. WOW denise42 10 pounds in 3 weeks is great now I'm even more tempted to try the EE, oh what to do????

Beachbabetobe13 - thanks for the suggestion for the substitute wine option you are so strong, total admiration m'lady. Have you ever tried EE? or have you always been a red/green girl?

Right I'm giving myself a serious kick up the backside, thank you so much all of you x

I do EE on a weekend as I find it gives me more options with things like a roast dinner. I still enjoy wine on a weekend,I've just had to accept that it can't be a daily thing (sob!) It's a case of playing around with your syns and seeing what works for you :)

Well back again. Got to my goal weight then within 2 months managed to put half a stone back on when weighed a week ago. easter eggs were a big problem i had literally no self control. Need to lose the half a stone and keep it off. Have lost 3lb this week by doing a mix of green days and ee days. Have had a bit of chocolate every day to keep the cravings at bay.

Lost 1lb this week, at first little disappointed as been so good this week but this morning I feel heavy if you know what I mean. But 1lb is still a good loss! Shouldn't complain as it's in the right direction!

Lost 3lbs this week - now down to 11.5!

I have a really horrible fortnight ahead of me now and it's going to be really tough! There are quite a few days where I am going to be eating off plan and, though I've been planning them all year, I'm dreading the impact on my weight loss!!

Lost 3lbs this week - now down to 11.5! I have a really horrible fortnight ahead of me now and it's going to be really tough! There are quite a few days where I am going to be eating off plan and, though I've been planning them all year, I'm dreading the impact on my weight loss!!

Do the best you can and dont worry about it. Make sure you stick to plan the other days.

Well done on your loss Capri-girl. Don't stress about the next couple of weeks, just make the best choices you can and stick to plan when you can. As someone said to me - we have to enjoy life as well.

sophance, it's disappointing when you've been so good and not loss much but well done, a loss is a loss!

Hi everyone,
I've finally given myself a good kick up the a**e and am getting my head back in the game.
I'm hovering around the 10.7/10.8st mark and ideally want to loose approx 1st. I know it's not a lot but im finding it so so hard to shift!
I'm carrying most of my weight around my middle and I sometimes feel about 6/7 mths pregnant :(
I'm guessing that it's a lot of bloating, any tips on ways to reduce it?
I do like (love!) my wine so I'm still going to have it but limit it to the weekends only.
Anyway, I don't recognise many of the names on here now so just thought id put myself out there again!

Back