DOING SW FROM HOME???

Welcome back :) Need to give myself a good kick too as I have been badly off plan all week and don't stand a chance of breaking into the 13st bracket,which was my aim. Wine is also my most favourite thing...what is with the stuff?!? What spurred you into getting back on plan? x

Welcome back :) Need to give myself a good kick too as I have been badly off plan all week and don't stand a chance of breaking into the 13st bracket,which was my aim. Wine is also my most favourite thing...what is with the stuff?!? What spurred you into getting back on plan? x

I've always had a decent enough figure I guess, not thin but nice, if u no what I mean! But it's disappearing fast! I could def pass as being pregnant (if I didn't hold it in while with other people!) and my arms are the biggest they have ever been and I hate it! It's making me feel uncomfortable as I'm squeezing into all my clothes now. So I've decided it's not going to go away on it's own so I need to wake up a bit!
I'm going to a wedding in August and I really want to buy a nice dress in my usual size or maybe even the next size down!
Fingers crossed :)

I'm sure you will do fab with that attitude!!! Need to work on my tummy too and my wobbly thighs. Would love to look less jelly like on holiday this year...:-D x

Hi all I've decided to come over to sw from ww as I need to do something now about my weight,I'm so glad forums like this exists as you get tons of support.i don't have the money to do sw in class but am doing it from home.my partners sister in law is on sw and she's done amazingly in a year so I know it does work

good luck everyone x

Free cake at john lewis = pain au chocolat. Oops. Big bowl of syn free stir fry for dinner to try and make up for it.

Hello, I am new here and new to slimming world.
I am going it alone for various reasons and my aim is to lose 10% which for me is 14lbs to take me to my target of 9st.

I have recently started shopping at aldi and discovered a delicious frozen vegetable rice (pack of 2 for 99p) which I had for lunch with a couple of ham slices and salad. I am guestimating 3 syns for one pack (200g) ? If anyone knows the syn value I would appreiciate it so that I can add this to my total today.

My weigh in day is Wednesdays and I am early 50's.

Hi sewingbee, there is plenty of support on here.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi sewingbee, there is plenty of support on here.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Denise42 I am looking forward to picking up lots of tips on here.

I have put on a stone over the past 2 years by being a bit more relaxed about what I and also not doing much exercise. The other weight gain factor has been reaching a 'certain age' and the joys (not!) that goes with it. I never believed in middlle age spread but my shape has definately changed and I am determined not to slide down the slippery slope. So good food, good planning and moving more is my new agenda!
:D

Been struggling this last week or so. Think I have my sw head back on now. Things have been a bit crappy at work but I am hoping to be moved to another site next month. Have set up a mini gym in my spare room so going to start exercising more too. Fingers crossed!!!

Hello, I am new here and new to slimming world.
I am going it alone for various reasons and my aim is to lose 10% which for me is 14lbs to take me to my target of 9st.

I have recently started shopping at aldi and discovered a delicious frozen vegetable rice (pack of 2 for 99p) which I had for lunch with a couple of ham slices and salad. I am guestimating 3 syns for one pack (200g) ? If anyone knows the syn value I would appreiciate it so that I can add this to my total today.

My weigh in day is Wednesdays and I am early 50's.

Hi Sewing Bee. I'm fairly new too and a similar age to you but have a lot more to lose. Just over two stone off so far but another three to go unfortunately.
What's the frozen veg and rice called? I've had a quick look online but not found it yet, it sounds good though, if the syns are ok. Its good to keep some frozen standbys.

First week ive been doing slimming world properly from home.. didnt feel like i gained anything from group and i have a dodgy 2-3 months, putting on 8 pounds.. Have to stop messing around now.. :(

Hi Sewing Bee. I'm fairly new too and a similar age to you but have a lot more to lose. Just over two stone off so far but another three to go unfortunately.
What's the frozen veg and rice called? I've had a quick look online but not found it yet, it sounds good though, if the syns are ok. Its good to keep some frozen standbys.

Hi cloudy6,
two stone off is fantastic well done. I hope we can keep each other motivated!
I think the rice was golden vegetable by four seasons? not sure because i've eaten it all and thrown the packet away! Iit was the nicest microwave rice ive ever had and i Will definately be buying more. I remember reading somewhere that sainsburys own microwave rice was about 3 syns per pack so i've gone with that figure and hope I'm not too far out. TBH I haven't knowingly gone over 5 syns a day yet so if it is more than 3 I have probably gotten away with it!
I'm loving this plan at the moment but am feeling a little bit bloated wind wise . Hoping this will settle as my body becomes used to the extra veg/fruit its having. i also need to up the water which I find difficult ( I love fizzy water tho')
We're having fish from the chippy tonight .No chips for me and I will take batter off fish and tell myself that I don't like batter anyway. Going to a 'do' tommorow eve which will involve vodka at some stage! so no syns for me today ;)

Hi cloudy6,
two stone off is fantastic well done. I hope we can keep each other motivated!
I think the rice was golden vegetable by four seasons? not sure because i've eaten it all and thrown the packet away! Iit was the nicest microwave rice ive ever had and i Will definately be buying more. I remember reading somewhere that sainsburys own microwave rice was about 3 syns per pack so i've gone with that figure and hope I'm not too far out.
TBH I haven't knowingly gone over 5 syns a day yet so if it is more than 3 I have probably gotten away with it!
I'm loving this plan at the moment but am feeling a little bit bloated wind wise . Hoping this will settle as my body becomes used to the extra veg/fruit its having. i also need to up the water which I find difficult ( I love fizzy water tho')
We're having fish from the chippy tonight .No chips for me and I will take batter off fish and tell myself that I don't like batter anyway. Going to a 'do' tommorow eve which will involve vodka at some stage! so no syns for me today ;)

I had joined Slimming World online but found it very expensive for what you actually get, so didn't renew. Now I'm just going it alone, only I don't feel alone at all with the whole of MiniMins to read and find inspiration from. There is so much information, I've only barely scratched the surface yet but if I feel myself wavering, I log on and have a read and soon feel motivated again.
I've had a bit of a look online and can only find these on the syns calculator (the only part I still have access to).
Make in Minutes Savoury Rice, Golden Vegetable, made up as directed , 100g cooked 1
Everyday Essentials Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice, made up as directed , 120g pack .
That may not be the wholepacket or not even the same thing though? Hopefully someone else might know. I find a lot of what I want to cook includes rice, and even though it is a free food, I try to limit it a bit, as it does make me retain more water. It's all a juggle, getting to know what is filling and tasty but doesn't adversely affect weight reading, particularly on the day before weigh in days.
sigh.gif

Enjoy your fish and no chips, you're braver than me... I know I'd head out with good intentions but be hard pushed to resist that batter and the chips too. As its been hot today, we opted to bbq some chicken and Tesco Healthy Living sausages, with a huge pile of salad and some Ainsley Harriot couscous.

First week ive been doing slimming world properly from home.. didnt feel like i gained anything from group and i have a dodgy 2-3 months, putting on 8 pounds.. Have to stop messing around now.. :(

It's really hard when you feel you aren't getting anywhere and lose faith in where you are headed but good luck with getting back on the straight and narrow or even the slight meandering, as we all fall over sometimes :)

Can I join you all? Just starting out a and I don't enjoy the groups so going solo! I have holidays in 6 weeks so would like to make a good dent!

Can I join you all? Just starting out a and I don't enjoy the groups so going solo! I have holidays in 6 weeks so would like to make a good dent!

Welcome :) The support on here is so good that you won't feel like you're flying solo!!! Where are you going and how much are you aiming to lose in total? x

Back