DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi all newbies. The best support network is right at your fingertips! Thanx to mins this week i have managed a 4lb loss. :)
Good luck on your journeys. X
Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Welcome :) The support on here is so good that you won't feel like you're flying solo!!! Where are you going and how much are you aiming to lose in total? x

I'm still quite new to MiniMins too, though I have been dipping in and out reading since I started Slimming World (at home) in February, I only just got around to registering. Now I'm hooked as there is just so much help and information. Good luck with your six week dent... I'm sure you can do quite a lot in that time.

Can I ask, are the majority of you guys doing EE and if so have you found the weight losses slower? My holiday is in September so that gives me just over 3 and half months, I would love to lose minimum of 3 stone by then, do you think that is possible?

Another question, if you don't mind, do you do much exercise?

Sorry for all the questions, unfortunately I'm sure I will have plenty more!!!

Welcome Pink Robin. I'm a relative newbie on here but was just reading back over this thread and happened across your post. I started SW in February and have lost two stone four lbs. I lost 3lbs the first week, then either 2lbs or 1.5lbs each week, so for me, that is really good. I have stuck to the eating guidelines most days in that time though, as yet I've really not felt the need to go over the daily syns, in fact most days, I have under 10.
My biggest tip would be to plan, plan, plan and then read over your plan and make sure your fridge, freezer and cupboards are stocked with the things you need, so you don't have the excuse that you can't eat what is on your meal plan. I know not everyone finds that easy, if you are work, particularly if you do shifts or something, or have children but do the best you can. Try and have as many and varied different meals as possible, there are loads of recipes on here and also a thread about where has the best bargains and offers this week.
Don't beat yourself up if you do go slightly off plan but think about where and why you did and try to avoid that the next time.
Good luck, keep posting and reading as the support here is amazing. :)

Im finding it really hard to stay away from takeaways. Before it used to have 2 or 3 takeaways a week. Now im down to one, but thats still bad!! Finding it hard to stick to the plan 100% :banghead:

I find it difficult too glitzy - my boyfriend has no cooking facilities so when I see him it's always a takeaway. Apparently they don't advise it any more but I've been trying by doing my syns weekly so I plan and have low or no syns most days knowing that I will have meals that are much higher in syns. Thankfully for my diet although not my sanity (!!) I usually only see him twice a week.

I find it difficult too glitzy - my boyfriend has no cooking facilities so when I see him it's always a takeaway. Apparently they don't advise it any more but I've been trying by doing my syns weekly so I plan and have low or no syns most days knowing that I will have meals that are much higher in syns. Thankfully for my diet although not my sanity (!!) I usually only see him twice a week.

If you still manage a loss by counting your syns weekly then there is no problem :)

He not even got a microwave or kettle?!

Im finding it really hard to stay away from takeaways. Before it used to have 2 or 3 takeaways a week. Now im down to one, but thats still bad!! Finding it hard to stick to the plan 100% :banghead:

You shouldn't feel bad about 1 a week, if it's within syns it's not a problem :) most weeks I have a Chinese, mmmm black bean haha

I had joined Slimming World online but found it very expensive for what you actually get, so didn't renew. Now I'm just going it alone, only I don't feel alone at all with the whole of MiniMins to read and find inspiration from. There is so much information, I've only barely scratched the surface yet but if I feel myself wavering, I log on and have a read and soon feel motivated again.
I've had a bit of a look online and can only find these on the syns calculator (the only part I still have access to).
Make in Minutes Savoury Rice, Golden Vegetable, made up as directed , 100g cooked 1
Everyday Essentials Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice, made up as directed , 120g pack .
That may not be the wholepacket or not even the same thing though? Hopefully someone else might know. I find a lot of what I want to cook includes rice, and even though it is a free food, I try to limit it a bit, as it does make me retain more water. It's all a juggle, getting to know what is filling and tasty but doesn't adversely affect weight reading, particularly on the day before weigh in days. :sigh:

Enjoy your fish and no chips, you're braver than me... I know I'd head out with good intentions but be hard pushed to resist that batter and the chips too. As its been hot today, we opted to bbq some chicken and Tesco Healthy Living sausages, with a huge pile of salad and some Ainsley Harriot couscous.

Thank you so much for your reply and help with the rice. I have had a busy couple of days and havent been on here so sorry for delayed thanks.
Slight change of plan on Friday, family decided they wanted favorite chicken for tea .This is definately not sw friendly but I had a couple of bits of chicken ...a few chips.....a few more chips.... I'm sure you can imagine where this is heading. I crawled into bed with an over full stomach and my saintly halo round my ankles!
Saturday eve went to a 'do' so did a sw breakfast and only ate a couple of small sandwiches at party but did overdo the vodka somewhat. So back on plan today, not great behaviour for my first week but hey ho hoping I can claw back enough credits to get a small loss this wednesday!

I'm sure you can imagine where this is heading. I crawled into bed with an over full stomach and my saintly halo round my ankles!

That made me laugh out loud, which earned me a funny look from hubby. Not the part about the over full tum though, been that and it *should* make us learn but of course, we all slip up from time to time. Write it off and move on, hopefully by Wednesday you'll have been good enough for those scales to show a good loss. :D

You could buy him a gift of a slow cooker, that just needs a plug and lots of things you can just bung in and leave to cook, that don't even need pre-browning.

Not certain if this link will work as it's the first time I've tried it but there is a great thread with loads of slow cooker recipes on here.
http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-warmer-recipes/73268-slow-cooker-recipes.html

I used to only use my slow cooker for winter stews and hotpots but now I use it all year round, as it doesn't heat up the kitchen in the summer and there are some great lighter recipes, my personal favourite is vegetable chilli, which I make big bowls of then portion and freeze.

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me tips on how to control belly bloating?
I've made myself this detox water so I'm hoping that will help.
image-4023907622.jpg
Any other ideas?

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me tips on how to control belly bloating?
I've made myself this detox water so I'm hoping that will help.
View attachment 141619
Any other ideas?

No idea, sorry but will be watching to see if anyone does suggest anything as I suffer badly sometimes.

Back