DOING SW FROM HOME???

Ohh first week WI. 2 lbs off for me :)
Things that helped me this week were signing up to this site and taking cloudy6's advice to draw a line under my weekend indulgence and start afresh me t day :)

Ohh first week WI. 2 lbs off for me :) Things that helped me this week were signing up to this site and taking cloudy6's advice to draw a line under my weekend indulgence and start afresh me t day :)

Woohoo that's great loss. Gives you the incentive to move on to the next week, doesn't it. Really pleased for you :)

Well done sewingbee. My week is going ok so far. Although I started on Wednesday I like to weigh on a Sunday so I am going to weigh again Sunday morning and then go from there. But hoping to have lost something between Wednesday and now? :)

I think SW may be for me. My nephews wife lost 6 or 7 stone and is now a consultant. I saw her at a funeral last February and didn't recognise her! She looks amazing!! I need to lose 2 stone so think I shall do it online as no group very nearby.

Just saying hello as another newbie to SW. I have a couple of friends who have done really well on SW and am amazed at how much you can eat.

I will be trying it at home and see how it goes x

Hi Bessie
I think this could be for me. I am thinking the same. Lots of food! Was really good yesterday so off to a good start.
Good luck!

Hi everyone, think I'm going to join in if that's ok. I have been on the slimming world diet for 4 weeks now. Didn't have scales for the 1st two weeks but have lost 4lbs in the last 2 weeks. Doing it with my mum, weigh in day is Friday and we both put £5 a week in a jar which we're going to use for a treat once we've been doing it for 12 weeks. Would ideally like to lose 2 stone (currently 11stone 9lbs after having a baby 6 months ago) but I'm a bridesmaid in 11 weeks so anything I lose in that time will help.

Welcome to Solange, Bessie and Polly and anyone else that is new too. Good luck with your journeys. I hope this week is going to be a good one for all of us. Cooler here, so I'm planning to get some gardening done, some nice long walks and stock up the freezer with lovely slimming world meals. Tonight is a huge pot of chilli, with a side salad and some brown rice. :)

Im doing SW from home, I just dont have the time to get to a class so at the moment its the best option for me. I do have the books though which is great and I have a subscription to the magazine.

Im doing SW from home, I just dont have the time to get to a class so at the moment its the best option for me. I do have the books though which is great and I have a subscription to the magazine.

The books and mags are a great base to work from and pretty much any question you have can be answered on here. Good luck :-D

:gen147: I'm out next weekend for an Indian (one of the girls at work is leaving :cry:) and I'm not sure what type of indian food I should go for, I'm not a fan of really spicey things, can just about manage a Midras. I don't normally eat Indian food and always had a Korma before.
Any ideas of what I should avoid ??? :sign0009:

:gen147: I'm out next weekend for an Indian (one of the girls at work is leaving :cry:) and I'm not sure what type of indian food I should go for, I'm not a fan of really spicey things, can just about manage a Midras. I don't normally eat Indian food and always had a Korma before.

Avoid the naan bread, that's for sure - many, many syns!

I love the dry tandoori meats they do - the ones that are baked in the tandoor oven. You can get little lamb chops or chunks of lamb or chicken with rice and salad. A popadom to start with and a soft drink and that's a *normal* meal out. I would happily have that and maybe count my whole day's syns (15) for it to account for any oil in the seasonings or the salad that goes with the starter - the chopped onions and minty sauces.

If you like the curries with sauce, go for the tomato based ones, not the creamy korma types. If you ask, they might be able to cook it with less / no ghee.

Thank you soo much guys, really apprechiate it

Yeah tandoori chicken etc is probably the best choice. To be honest the way I'm doing slimming world is having minimum syns all week (max 4-5 a day) and then I'm allowing myself one meal (not a whole day) of whatever I want with a pudding and wine. I don't count the syns but I make sure I plan when I'm having it so that I still feel in control and don't feel like I've fallen off the wagon. It's working so far (2lbs a week off for the last two weeks!) I'm on a hen weekend this Friday and I'm really worried about trying to stick to the diet! We're in cottages so I'm going to bring a bag of fruit and a few mugshots so maybe I can get away without eating too much rubbish. Plus I'm doing the shopping for everyone's food and although I'm not going to put everyone on slimming world for the weekend, I can make sure there is something I can eat that is free! Wish me luck ( and will power!)

Hi Lynda x
When I hv an Indian I always hv a 'shashlik', it's a tomato based sauce, huge chunks of veg, cooked in a clay pot. I hv the fish version but I know they do meat too. Not v.spicy at all, really delicious & in my opinion quite 'healthy'? XLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Lynda x
When I hv an Indian I always hv a 'shashlik', it's a tomato based sauce, huge chunks of veg, cooked in a clay pot. I hv the fish version but I know they do meat too. Not v.spicy at all, really delicious & in my opinion quite 'healthy'? XLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mmmm that sounds good, may try that one. Thanks v much :D

Had my weigh in (day earlier than normal as I'm going away tonight) and have lost another 2lbs. So 6lbs in 3 weeks plus whatever I lost when I didn't have scales for the first 2 weeks. So happy. I have never stuck at slimming world before preferring calorie counting or weight watchers but I finally realise I can lose weight without feeling hungry all the time. 10 weeks until I'm a bridesmaid so aiming for another stone off by then.

Had my weigh in (day earlier than normal as I'm going away tonight) and have lost another 2lbs. So 6lbs in 3 weeks plus whatever I lost when I didn't have scales for the first 2 weeks. So happy. I have never stuck at slimming world before preferring calorie counting or weight watchers but I finally realise I can lose weight without feeling hungry all the time. 10 weeks until I'm a bridesmaid so aiming for another stone off by then.

Great start hun...keep it up :)

Back