DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hello! Hope it's okay for me to join in too! Started SW again yesterday after failing miserably after about 2 days last time.
Finding it a bit of a struggle from home with just the book but through searching online I've found loads of really nice recipes. Just got a couscous cake out of the oven! I'm horrendous for snacking so syn free on-the-go snacks are a massive bonus.
Am also trying to do it on a penny pinching budget so will be eating lots of omelettes, jackets pasta and casseroles!
Struggling for syn free breakfast idea at the minute, not a huge fan of cereal (especially a 25g portion) and don't have the time to be trimming bacon & grilling tomatoes and egg in the mornings. Any ideas?
My main aim is to get to 11 stone for now (am currently 12.5) and then will reassess!
Good luck ladies!

Hi champagne diamonds. If your trying to do it on a budget I'd recommend buying veg frozen ( also saves time preparing meals if you get frozen onions/peppers etc) also I sometimes get frozen summer fruits. These are ideal for breakfast as well. Try the frozen fruit (just put into a bowl night before into your fridge)with your cereal and a muller light yogurt poured over, yummy. I also sometimes just have tinned tomatoes on toast with a fried egg done in fry light, literally takes about 5 minutes. Or beans on toast (no superfree I know but I do sometimes). If you don't shop at Aldi I'd recommend it. I get loads of fresh fruit and veg plus lean meat/fish and spend nearly half what I was doing when shopping at asda. Good luck

Haven't been on here for a couple of weeks so need to catch up and read all the posts later! I have stayed the same for 2 weeks which is pleasing as I have had two weekend away and been off plan a lot . Starting again today and hoping to lose 2 lbs by next week. :)

Ooh well done. Staying the same when off plan is about as good as we can hope for! Good luck with the next week

Welcome ChampagneDiamonds (love your name!). There is a great thread for finding where the bargains are which can save quite a bit of money. I tend to stock up when things are on offer and use whatever veg and fruit are on offer too, which is usually what is in season, rather than the expensive imported stuff.
Best of luck :)

Welcome ChampagneDiamonds (love your name!). There is a great thread for finding where the bargains are which can save quite a bit of money. I tend to stock up when things are on offer and use whatever veg and fruit are on offer too, which is usually what is in season, rather than the expensive imported stuff.
Best of luck :)
I do that too. I try to shop in season, things are a lot cheaper then and then I stock up on store cupboard items etc when there on offer.

Hi guys
I'm new! Was hoping to join your group as I cannot afford to join the slimming works meetings! I've got the books tho

Welcome Sarah_louise_b and of course you can join in, the more the merrier. You'll find it very friendly and supportive here and most people are more than happy to help if you have any questions. Good luck with your slimming world journey. :)

Welcome Sarah_louise_b and of course you can join in, the more the merrier. You'll find it very friendly and supportive here and most people are more than happy to help if you have any questions. Good luck with your slimming world journey. :)

Hi can I join too, I am Lucy and dieting with my boyfriend as we both have three stone to lose, I am thirteen and he is sixteen stone !!!!! So yesterday I started by a low fat diet and eating much smaller portions, I have chopped all my food up before I start eating, eat slowly and chew and put my knife and folk down between mouthfuls. So far it's working ! Has anyone else got any useful tips - I just wish I didn't crave snacks cheese and chocolate !!!! X

Hi all
Guess I am really lucky as husband grows all organic veggies and fruits. In fact he is manic about it! We have new pots, broad beans (which I love!), courgettes, mange tout, rocket, lettuce, cabbage etc etc. Good job I love veg and fruit. One thing I am is a cheeseaholic which is just as bad as a chocaholic!! However I am made of steely stuff (usually)!!!

Hi can I join too, I am Lucy and dieting with my boyfriend as we both have three stone to lose, I am thirteen and he is sixteen stone !!!!! So yesterday I started by a low fat diet and eating much smaller portions, I have chopped all my food up before I start eating, eat slowly and chew and put my knife and folk down between mouthfuls. So far it's working ! Has anyone else got any useful tips - I just wish I didn't crave snacks cheese and chocolate !!!! X

Welcome Lucy
Few tips for you to get you both on your way, start a food diary (a few of us have them attached to our signatures if you wanted some tips/ideas etc) It's surprising how much you eat when you write it down, that you didn't notice before.
Try and batch your cooking, so if you make spaghetti bolognaise or curry etc, make a larger batches and freeze the rest in portions.
Any questions, if your feeling down or happy about your achievements tell us, we all be happy to help you on your journey.
Good luck :wavey:

Hi all
Guess I am really lucky as husband grows all organic veggies and fruits. In fact he is manic about it! We have new pots, broad beans (which I love!), courgettes, mange tout, rocket, lettuce, cabbage etc etc. Good job I love veg and fruit. One thing I am is a cheeseaholic which is just as bad as a chocaholic!! However I am made of steely stuff (usually)!!!

Lucky you, yes, to be able to have really freshly picked veg and salads and no exactly where they've come from is lovely. I grow runner beans, tomatoes, herbs and a few pots of cut and come again lettuce, but with a smaller garden now and more demands on my time, I've given up growing other veg, miss them though.

Welcome Luciiiloo and good luck to you and your boyfriend, at least you have one another to encourage and support. My biggest help is to plan my meals properly in advance, even my snacks, though I'm more flexible with these. Making sure the fridge and freezer are well stocked with sw friendly meals and ingredients is vital, even on a budget, making the most of bargains to bulk buy if you can. There is a great thread here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/40089-where-bargains-anything-else-thats-useful-268.html which is great for noting where the special offers are currently and stocking up.
Hope you do well.

Welcome Luciiiloo and good luck to you and your boyfriend, at least you have one another to encourage and support. My biggest help is to plan my meals properly in advance, even my snacks, though I'm more flexible with these. Making sure the fridge and freezer are well stocked with sw friendly meals and ingredients is vital, even on a budget, making the most of bargains to bulk buy if you can. There is a great thread here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/40089-where-bargains-anything-else-thats-useful-268.html which is great for noting where the special offers are currently and stocking up.
Hope you do well.

Thanks so much, having a tough day today as I am tired made a big bowl of oats 0% yogurt and berries last night and had that for breakfast and then lunch! but let myself down on snacks and had an angel slice, a bit of cheese and onion marmalade ! Tiredness is never good for dieting x

Thanks so much, having a tough day today as I am tired made a big bowl of oats 0% yogurt and berries last night and had that for breakfast and then lunch! but let myself down on snacks and had an angel slice, a bit of cheese and onion marmalade ! Tiredness is never good for dieting x

As you say, tiredness isn't good when you're trying to eat healthily (slimming world don't like to use the word diet, it's a change of eating for life) but you've recognised that and it goes back to what I said earlier, plan, plan, plan ahead. Make sure you don't have the 'bad' stuff around, if at all possible and that you DO have some alternative, low syn food ready for those moments when you need something NOW! It happens to us all, believe me but the first step is in recognising that its going to happen and knowing how you are going to avoid going off plan.
Fill up on fruit and veg if you can (superfree foods) but if need be, use something like ham slices, chicken, hard boiled eggs if you need to snack between meals. Also, make sure you use your syns, they are there to be used in any way that suits you and slimming world do advise using them, between 5-15 a day. They help stop you feeling like you're being deprived of whatever your favourite food is but calculate syns BEFORE it goes into your mouth ;)
Good luck and go for it.

Welcome Sarah and Lucy! Good luck with slimming world. I'm finding this forum really helpful.
So I'm meeting some friends tonight for dinner at nandos, after a bit of research I found I can have a whole meal for 6 syns! Butterfly chicken (3.5 syns) with a side of spicy rice (2.5syns) and side salad with no dressing (free- plus will make meal 1/3 of super free). Excited now I know I can stay easily within plan and still enjoy eating out.

Back