DOING SW FROM HOME???

New to Minimins and SW

Hi everybody, I'm new to swimming world and this is my very first post on minimins. I'm also doing it from home. My post baby weight gain is now 16 years old and I'm fast approaching the big 50 and I so do t want to be fat and fifty. SO with just under two years to do it in I am aiming to loose 4 stone.

looking forward to meeting you all on here.

A very big welcome to you, Molinos. At least you've made the brilliant step of signing up to Minis. Everyone is so helpful, with loads of encouragement, fun and great advice. If you're ever stuck about anything, there's always someone who will know the answer or, who will direct you to the thread that will give you the correct help.

I must admit, being 53 myself, (OMG! That sounds so old! :O ) I've found weight harder to get off but at least SW is so varied and filling so, you're never stuck with tasteless, tiny meals, however long it takes! Good luck anyway! :)

Kathy

Kathy is too modest to mention her thread so I will, because it has loads and loads of brilliant recipes!
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/317773-delicious-meals-minimum-ingredients.html

Aww. Jo! That is so sweet of you to say! :) Yes, I've never been one to blow my own trumpet, as they say (whoever 'they' are). Must admit though, it's a bit scary recommending recipes, in case someone else thinks they're disgusting. Apart from that, I wouldn't have a clue of how to include a link to anything! :D

Hope you're doing well with everything and, thanks again - that's given me a nice confidence boost for the day! :)

Kathy xx

Hi everybody, I'm new to swimming world and this is my very first post on minimins. I'm also doing it from home. My post baby weight gain is now 16 years old  and I'm fast approaching the big 50 and I so do t want to be fat and fifty. SO with just under two years to do it in I am aiming to loose 4 stone.

looking forward to meeting you all on here.

Hi Molinos! We are very similar ages I'll be 49 next week and I know what you mean about dreading being fat and fifty :eek: You will find a lot of very supportive people on here. Good luck on your weight loss journey x

I am trying to lose 38 year old baby fat....I am 67! It all drops by gravity I find as you get older, scraggy neck, but hips like a hippo....lol
good luck on your journeys.

I have decided to try sw at home as i just feek awkward in the class. I did attend classes a few years ago so know the basics but have to say this forum is a godsend. Thank you

Morning ladies...good to see so many of a certain age here...it is sooooo much harder to lose once you hit 50 but we are doing it...go us!!!!!

Hi. I know the posh grub are low syns so i bought chicken mushroom and ham tagliatelle but cant find the syns for it can any1 help plz

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww. Jo! That is so sweet of you to say! :) Yes, I've never been one to blow my own trumpet, as they say (whoever 'they' are). Must admit though, it's a bit scary recommending recipes, in case someone else thinks they're disgusting. Apart from that, I wouldn't have a clue of how to include a link to anything! :D

Hope you're doing well with everything and, thanks again - that's given me a nice confidence boost for the day! :)

Kathy xx

Indeed your recipes are great Kathy! Have tried a few out and was myself going to mention your thread, if I actually knew how to add links I would have:confused:

Also to say thanks for your reply about my recent 'gain on a good week' so nice when you hear from other peoples sides and know we are all in the same boat, as often as not. The advice and support on here is fab, same as you I was tired of paying for groups, feeling low on a gain, with no answers from consultants and would rather feel that way at home and with an extra fiver in my pocket for those little syn treats :)

Bma and tattabubbly, know what you mean about the nakedness without engagement rings, though mine actuall falls off now and doesnt fit (of all the places I want to lose weight, my fingers wasnt really one of them! Lol) but what a great excuse for a bigger newer sparkly one eh!

Never regret something that once made u smile

I just wanted to say hello, I'm a newbie. I have done slimming world and lost 10lbs but fell out of love with the class. It just wasn't me.
I am going to do it from home and am so relieved I have found this board. I am sure it will be a great help.

Hi, Madlet and a big welcome to you. Yes, Mini's is fantastic for support and for making friends too. Good luck with your weight loss and well done for the 10lb loss too! :)

Kathy

Indeed your recipes are great Kathy! Have tried a few out and was myself going to mention your thread, if I actually knew how to add links I would have:confused:

Also to say thanks for your reply about my recent 'gain on a good week' so nice when you hear from other peoples sides and know we are all in the same boat, as often as not. The advice and support on here is fab, same as you I was tired of paying for groups, feeling low on a gain, with no answers from consultants and would rather feel that way at home and with an extra fiver in my pocket for those little syn treats :)

At least you know how to include a puzzled face, with question marks above its head, Niccinoo! That's one up on me!!! :D

Thank-you so much for your kind words - they mean a lot and, I'm so glad you find some of the recipes useful. :)

Kathy x

Welcome to all newbies

Well I've gained 2 this week but then I've been off track all week so not surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lost 2.5lb this week, very chuffed! Just 3lb 3/4 away from 3 stone since January but that will have to be put on hold as it's my birthday on Friday and I'm going to enjoy it! Good luck everyone! Xx

Good luck this week Madlet. I've decided to start back on plan again as i have put on a stone and a half since i was last on this forum!!

I also need all the help i can get. my group i left 6 months ago weren't very encouraging as they all kept saying i didn't need to lose weight! Just because i'm tall and not as wide as i am long doesn't mean i'm at a healthy weight!

just shows you though if you aren't part of a community online or in real life how the weight can creep on! xx:cry:

Back