DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi MissAnonD. Thanks for the advice. I had planned on wheatabix this morning but was running a bit late. I will have get up earlier to make sure I have breakfast from now on. :rolleyes: And that should also cover the Hex A. Shame about the alpen bars I have loads in the cupboard.

Alpen bars have reverted back to old recipe, if its the 70cal ones they still a hexb. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have 2 at a time. As long as they're the 70kcal ones you're fine to have 2 as a HEB. Do you like fruit much and are you having a third superfree? If I get hungry I always try to just snack on superfree - cherries, grapes and berries. Perhaps try your hardest to have at least 5 syns so you don't feel deprived!

Hi girls, I started SW last week and lost 4lbs in my first week :) However I went to Christening Sunday and had a few drinks then last night hubby thought it would be a good idea to make me a prawn cocktail with our planned SW dinner and bought me a bottle of wine! It was sweet of him but I've been feeling guilty all day after clocking up what I believe to be around 50syns. We have our hols in three weeks and I'm hoping to lose another half a stone by then so it's all being good from here on in. I have done SW from home a few times before and gave up after my loss plateaued at 11lbs both times. If I can get down to 10st by the hols then I'll give myself that week off and get back to it on my return. This forum is so helpful for ideas and syn values!

I wondered if anyone can help... we are having gammon and chips tonight and I fancied cheese and pinapple on mine (using my HEXA) and the pineapple is tinned in juice. Does it have a syn value? Also if it is free would it become a syn if I put it under the grill? I've noticed quite a few posts about cooking/heating fruit so thought I'd check.

Well done for all your losses girls!

Hi faulky, tinned fruit is synned im afraid and so is cooked fruit. Just google the syns someone will have posted them . X

Great loss anon well done. X

I have managed to lose 22lbs since I started which I am really pleased about but for the past couple of weeks I have been stuck! I go up and down 1/2 here and don't seem to be moving forward.....any suggestions? Still keeping my food diary, counting my syns and drinking water I just can't get things moving again and its becoming frustrating! Help lol x

Hi ladies, ive got fed up and decided to restart slimming world again. Ive joined groups twice and both times have lost about 3lb and then just stayed at the same weight, so ive figured i have all the books im going to do it myself since i cant really afford group anymore. I have a question about syns, i know your supposed to drink plenty of fluids but i think thats my problem i hardly drink anything. I cant drink water it just makes me feel bloated and sloshy and to be honest i have to force it down which makes me feel sick. I dont drink diet pop either as the artificial sugars are too sweet, the only thing i drink is aldi blackcurrant high juice No added sugar. The problem i have is i cant find the syn value for it. I found normal high juice for 3 syns but nothing for sugar free.?? Does anyone know what the syn value is i dont want to guzzle away all my syns lol x

Last edited:
Thanks Bubble, I did check in the end...just had one ring so only 1 syn! I think this week has gone quite good despite the slip ups I haven't gone over on syns for the week yet and going to use the rest of them for some vino tonight....hoping for another loss Monday even it's just a lb!

Hi ladies, ive got fed up and decided to restart slimming world again. Ive joined groups twice and both times have lost about 3lb and then just stayed at the same weight, so ive figured i have all the books im going to do it myself since i cant really afford group anymore. I have a question about syns, i know your supposed to drink plenty of fluids but i think thats my problem i hardly drink anything. I cant drink water it just makes me feel bloated and sloshy and to be honest i have to force it down which makes me feel sick. I dont drink diet pop either as the artificial sugars are too sweet, the only thing i drink is aldi blackcurrant high juice No added sugar. The problem i have is i cant find the syn value for it. I found normal high juice for 3 syns but nothing for sugar free.?? Does anyone know what the syn value is i dont want to guzzle away all my syns lol x

I thought no added sugar drinks were free.. And that's coming from a person that drinks tons of squash a week ( sugar free from aldi) xx

I thought no added sugar drinks were free.. And that's coming from a person that drinks tons of squash a week ( sugar free from aldi) xx

I also thought they were free...

WI today, lost 1lb :)
Have lost a total of 7lb now with 7lb to go to target. Could anyone tell me how to get one of those half stone sw banners to put on my signature. I didn't think I was a 'shiny sticker' sort of gal but I guess I am!
Absolutely love SW.
Have a good week all x

Thanks Timmi and sewingbee. It was a nice surprise after a kebab on Wednesday, was peeved that ended up having one but glad the hard work still paid off xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have u tried googling certificates sometimes there are websites where u can get free ones to print, I use kidzpoints.com think that's the name anyway

WI today, lost 1lb :)
Have lost a total of 7lb now with 7lb to go to target. Could anyone tell me how to get one of those half stone sw banners to put on my signature. I didn't think I was a 'shiny sticker' sort of gal but I guess I am!
Absolutely love SW.
Have a good week all x

Well done see my last post bout certificates

I have managed to lose 22lbs since I started which I am really pleased about but for the past couple of weeks I have been stuck! I go up and down 1/2 here and don't seem to be moving forward.....any suggestions? Still keeping my food diary, counting my syns and drinking water I just can't get things moving again and its becoming frustrating! Help lol x

There is nothing as frustrating. I remember this happening the first time I done SW & to be honest sometimes you just have to carry on & eventually you will be rewarded. A few things I would have tried though were mixing up my diet a bit... if youre doing EE then maybe trying a few red or green days, eating more fish (I did a fish week once & much as I love fish I could happily have never ate it again by the end but it did get the scales moving, maybe having 1/2 a plate of superfree instead of 1/3 plate & I know its against SW principals but maybe have a look at portion sizes. Sometimes I think we are programmed to eat a certain amount because thats the amount that we are used to eating but as our weight goes down our bodies require less but our brains are programmed to eat more so just keep a wee eye. Admittedly this time round I have been keeping an eye on portion sizes from the beginning & I have noticed already 4 weeks in that I need less than what I did 4 weeks ago. The final thing I would say & is make sure you drink 2 litres of water a day (any diet fizzy drinks, teas etc dont count them towards this) & if you can try drinking a few cups of green tea. I drink the one with lemon as I prefer the taste. I totally swear by this. Good luck xx

Back