DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi all, just thought I'd write a little bit about me and me lifelong problems with my weight. Well I say lifelong..up until the age of 5 I was so skinny (would only eat fishfingers haha) my poor Mum was at her wits end with trying to get me to eat stuff. My Mum is an amazing cook but I just didnt want anything else. Then I started school and it all went pearshaped.. literally :-D By the time I left school at 18 I weighed 18 stones, I put a stone on of weight each year to match my age (not good). When I left school I tried WW, I did manage to lose 2 stones but was STARVING all the time so needless to say it all went back on in no time. So I turned to SW when I hit the age of 20, I lost 3 stones and felt great, I met my lovely Husband and we have been together now for 22 years. I have unfortunately put back on all of that weight over this time plus more. When I tipped the scales at 20st 01lb in August I had a word with myself and decided to get back onto SW post haste. I have managed to get some new SW books of Ebay and am going for it big style. Thanks for reading and with help and support we CAN get there together.

You will find a lot of us on here who have similar stories to you and there will be lots of support, welcome aboard xx

It's taken me since January to get here :)

Really well done. I think its great that I have discovered this forum. SW, I believe, is the only long term program that can be stuck to whilst still fully enjoying the food that we all love but in the main just cooking it a bit differently. Onwards and upwards........sorry that should be downwards!!! ;-) x

You will find a lot of us on here who have similar stories to you and there will be lots of support, welcome aboard xx

Thank you, I think I may become a regular on here. Already enjoying knowing that there are others out there just like me x

Weighed in a day late due to getting up at silly o'clock yesterday morning for work, it completely slipped my mind!

Anyway, you know when you have them weeks thinking you'll have a STS or small loss but then the scales surprise you. Well that was this week, 2lb 3/4 loss :eek:

Now I have got 1 1/2 lb to lose for 3 stone, going to be realistic and say that it will be gone in 2 weeks :)

Well done hun x

I hope everyone is getting on well :) I had my third weigh in yesterday and I lost another lb last week totalling my loss to 7lbs so far. I'm hoping to shave a few more lbs off by next Thursday as we are going on holiday. I've decided that although I will be mindful about what I'm eating essentially I will have the week off on holiday and get back to it when I return. My love for Pina Coladas is winning! Really loving SW though as it's so easy and all the food is so yummy. I hope you all have a good week.

I think if I was you I would be doing the same. Enjoy your holiday. My view is that its a plan for life & therefore we shouldnt feel guilty about going off plan for special occasions & holidays & the important thing is setting a date to get back on plan & sticking to that x

Hi all, just thought I'd write a little bit about me and me lifelong problems with my weight. Well I say lifelong..up until the age of 5 I was so skinny (would only eat fishfingers haha) my poor Mum was at her wits end with trying to get me to eat stuff. My Mum is an amazing cook but I just didnt want anything else. Then I started school and it all went pearshaped.. literally :-D By the time I left school at 18 I weighed 18 stones, I put a stone on of weight each year to match my age (not good). When I left school I tried WW, I did manage to lose 2 stones but was STARVING all the time so needless to say it all went back on in no time. So I turned to SW when I hit the age of 20, I lost 3 stones and felt great, I met my lovely Husband and we have been together now for 22 years. I have unfortunately put back on all of that weight over this time plus more. When I tipped the scales at 20st 01lb in August I had a word with myself and decided to get back onto SW post haste. I have managed to get some new SW books of Ebay and am going for it big style. Thanks for reading and with help and support we CAN get there together.

We will all get there hun with eachothers support we can do it. For me it was just constantly feeling rubbish & having no energy. I knew I had to do something about it. I'm a cakemaker as my day job which might sound like a nightmare for some people but believe me when you make cake day in & day out that last thing that you want to do is eat any!!! I got within a stone of target 3 years ago & then I fell off the wagon & its took me to now to get back on... I kept thinking that I had done soo much damage that I put off & put off until I no longer thought about it & now I am basically back where I started. Its that feeling of feeling fit & having lots of energy & loving shopping for new clothes that is keeping me going!! I am soo mindful of portion sizes this time despite that not really being the SW way but for me I think I need to be. I weigh out things like rice, pasta, cous & make sure I am having a portion rather than having anymore. I'm rubbish at eating vegetables unless they are in soup (its still a bit warm for soup yet!!! lol) but I do my best to have my 1/3 superfree & I usually have a fruit breakfast (on the run!!! lol) the other thing is I am a REALLY fussy eater which drives my husband crazy!!!! lol I have my favourite foods & I do tend to mostly stick to them. I dont eat a lot of red meat other than a few slices of lean bacon for my lunch most days & my teas mainly consist of either turkey, chicken or fish (I love all fish except tuna which I cant even stand the smell of!!! lol)

Thank you dance mum! I'm feeling optimistic about this attempt my first try I only lost .5 lb so didn't want to go back to the group since I'm doing it at home I don't have to worry about the fat shaming ha

Thank you dance mum! I'm feeling optimistic about this attempt my first try I only lost .5 lb so didn't want to go back to the group since I'm doing it at home I don't have to worry about the fat shaming ha

Yeah I have to admit thats why I prefer doing it at home too... I tried group once a few years back & I have to admit I found it awful... completely uninspiring & very condescending though I am sure not all consultants are like that but that experience put me off completely.

Thank you hun. I'm feeling the pressure this week to try to have a loss after last week. I have to admit I would be gutted with a sts or a gain. I'm thinking about a mini target for Christmas too & wondering if getting into the 14 stone bracket might be a it too optimistic? What do you ladies think?

I wouldn't set your lose too high, remember this is a journey and not a race, just take it week by week and see where you are by Christmas. Don't put added pressure on yourself.

I wouldn't set your lose too high, remember this is a journey and not a race, just take it week by week and see where you are by Christmas. Don't put added pressure on yourself.

I work better when I have a target to aim for rather than just taking things week by week. I think its good to have goals. It keeps me motivated which helps me succeed!! I know its not a race & I'm definitely not treating it as one but I have spent time working out what I thought would be a realistic mini target for Christmas. I don't think its unrealistic though as it averages at 3 lbs a week which is doable if I stay on plan. I have lost 3 stone in my first month & I know from experience that losses will slow down but there are 3 months left in which to do it so 1 stone a month between now & then.

Good luck dance mum. You know what you can or cannot do and you sound very determinned. :)
Ill keep plodding maybe one day my losses speed up but i really dont think i could aim that high. I just go completely off the rails if i put pressure on myself. So for me slow and steady wins. X

The bubble will burst

Good luck dance mum. You know what you can or cannot do and you sound very determinned. :)
Ill keep plodding maybe one day my losses speed up but i really dont think i could aim that high. I just go completely off the rails if i put pressure on myself. So for me slow and steady wins. X

The bubble will burst

I still have a lot to lose but I know once I hit the 14's thing usually slow way down for me. The important thing is that we all get there in the end in whatever way works for us x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi ladies please please can anyone give me advice I know I shouldn't do it but I weigh myself everyday. I have been dieting since Sunday when I was 13.4, good day And Monday I was 13.2, tues went down to 13.00, yesterday I ate porridge made with water and mixed in fat free Greek yogurt, berries and a sliced banana, then Apple for snack mid-morning, large jkt with knob butter bean and 30g cheese, snack activia 0% yogurt, dinner was boiled veg, mushrooms in fry light and baked chicken stuffed with garlicky quark wrapped in lean bacon and another yogurt and half a banana and 1/4 slice of brown bread thinly buttered. So syn value for day must be I estimate approx 2 or 3 - do you think I had too much dairy or banana ???? I also joined gym yesterday and dud a class and ache to hell today don't know if that made a difference xxxx

I'm a serial weigher too but try not to dwell too much on anything other than your official weigh in day. If you exercised yesterday then you may find the scales up slightly as your muscles are holding onto water to help them recover. I'm not for one second saying not to exercise though because there is nothing that will melt away inches & tone you up like exercise. At a glance your food diary looks good but I'll have a proper look when I get home x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yeah I have to admit thats why I prefer doing it at home too... I tried group once a few years back & I have to admit I found it awful... completely uninspiring & very condescending though I am sure not all consultants are like that but that experience put me off completely.

I too hated going to group it felt like being a kid back in school. I think they treat you all the same and expect weightloss every week etc. But i think everyone is different therefore we all lose weight at different rates. I know that in a typical month I will have one week with a good loss usually after * week then it really slows down( stops even ) and catches up. The bigger picture is what i focus on as it averages out.

At home no pressure no analysis from someone who doesn't know you. Although i am my biggest critic lol

Well it looks like another week has gone to pot for me again, had a fantastic day Monday ignored cravings all day and then gave into them yesterday and today. Star week to so just gone and buggared it all up again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I too hated going to group it felt like being a kid back in school. I think they treat you all the same and expect weightloss every week etc. But i think everyone is different therefore we all lose weight at different rates. I know that in a typical month I will have one week with a good loss usually after * week then it really slows down( stops even ) and catches up. The bigger picture is what i focus on as it averages out.

At home no pressure no analysis from someone who doesn't know you. Although i am my biggest critic lol

You are so right. I think we all get to know our own weight loss pattern & disappointing as it can be when the scales dont cooperate we know that they will level out over the month. We are our own biggest critics though I think that is because we know what we are capable of achieving too

Does anyone know the syns for quorn sausages? I have allowed 1 syn each though I could be way out. They are the packs of 8 frozen ones if thats any help. Thanks x

Does anyone know the syns for quorn sausages? I have allowed 1 syn each though I could be way out. They are the packs of 8 frozen ones if thats any help. Thanks x

Are they not free? I know the linda McCartney rosemary and red onion ones are I love them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back