DOING SW FROM HOME???

Does anyone know the syns for quorn sausages? I have allowed 1 syn each though I could be way out. They are the packs of 8 frozen ones if thats any help. Thanks x
You are spot on they are 1 syn each Dance mum, if you are not a veggie, the weight watchers ones are lovely and i believe only 1/2 syn each.

I am having them tonight with cheese and potato pie and beans yumm

Recipe for you all. Syn free and scrummy as a side dish for chicken or pork chops.

Potato bacon mushroom onion bake
Serves 1
200g new potatoes thinly sliced
Handful of mushrooms sliced
1 onion sliced
Schwartz chicken seasoning
20g of reduced fat cheese (3 syns if not using heb)
Fry light butter.
Foil to wrap in

180c for 40 to 50 mins

1. Slice potato. Onion and mushrooms can add peppers too.

2. Fry bacon until crisp and crumbling.

3. Place potato's into a bowl add seasoning to taste and spray with fry light and mix. Spray again and mix.

4. Add all ingredients into a foil packet. Ending with the cheese on top and seal. Place into the oven for required time.

Remove from oven serve with chicken or pork and beans scrummy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow well done dance mum on ur recent amazing loss! (I havnt been on here for a week or two so catching up how everyone is doing.)
I only WISH I could lose that much in a month, let alone a week! Iv been following SW for quite a while now and have lost the 'bulk' of it, with just over a stone to go, so my losses have slowed right down, regularly sts or 1/2lb on, 1/2 off. Not complaining too much though, as I enjoy what I eat and do occasionally have an off plan day on a weekend. Anyway hope all u ladies are having a good week so far and I too am loving the *positive vibes* for all the do at homers! :)

Last edited:
Hi all, I've just signed up but have been viewing the forums since I decided to start sw (from home) a fortnight ago.

Anyway, I'm trying to lose 1st 8lb and have so far shifted 6 - largely due to the knowledge that people on here have shared about syn values etc. this forum has been a god send, thank you all so much!

Start weight - 13st 8lb
Target - 12st

Week 1: lost 5lb
Week 2: lost 1lb

Are they not free? I know the linda McCartney rosemary and red onion ones are I love them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Unfortunately the ones I bought arent... there were 2 different types & typically the others (the ones I didnt pick) were free!!

You are spot on they are 1 syn each Dance mum, if you are not a veggie, the weight watchers ones are lovely and i believe only 1/2 syn each.

I am having them tonight with cheese and potato pie and beans yumm

They were the ones I was looking for & couldnt find in the shops. I will keep looking

Wow well done dance mum on ur recent amazing loss! (I havnt been on here for a week or two so catching up how everyone is doing.)
I only WISH I could lose that much in a month, let alone a week! Iv been following SW for quite a while now and have lost the 'bulk' of it, with just over a stone to go, so my losses have slowed right down, regularly sts or 1/2lb on, 1/2 off. Not complaining too much though, as I enjoy what I eat and do occasionally have an off plan day on a weekend. Anyway hope all u ladies are having a good week so far and I too am loving the *positive vibes* for all the do at homers! :)

Aww you have done great & that last bit is a bugger to shift x

Well it looks like another week has gone to pot for me again, had a fantastic day Monday ignored cravings all day and then gave into them yesterday and today. Star week to so just gone and buggared it all up again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just a thought... If you are hungrier on star week would it be worth upping your syns or adding an extra hex to see you through? I'm probably talking out of my hat because my star days are over and its hard to remember how I felt hunger wise then - just trying to think of things to help xx

well its my 5th weigh in tomorrow and a mid week sneaky peak did not bode well .I have been really good though so fingers crossed ;-)

Ohh am cross with myself today. had a sneaky weigh in this morning and looks as if I'm heading for another STS. Have been 100% since sunday - then because I weighed in unofficially I was disappointed and had a chocolate biscuit. Ok, I know in the grand scheme of things that's not the end of the world but if I do STS I'm not sure where to go from there. As I'm close to target I'm wondering whether to just stick to 5 syns a day. I'm having around 7 - 10 a day using syns within meals eg olive oil, extra bread , cheese etc. I do weigh out quantities carefully and do not snack on anything other than fruit which would be 1 piece. I use milk for Hex A and either benefit bars or a slice of bread (from 800g loaf) as a hex B. Breakfast is a bowl of berries ( not a huge bowl ), lunch has been homemade soup with some pasta thrown in and dinner is usually from a SW reciepe. Any ideas on what I can do other than the above ?. I'm on EE and never eat huge portions but I do feel I am eating enough IYSWIM?

Ohh am cross with myself today. had a sneaky weigh in this morning and looks as if I'm heading for another STS. Have been 100% since sunday - then because I weighed in unofficially I was disappointed and had a chocolate biscuit. Ok, I know in the grand scheme of things that's not the end of the world but if I do STS I'm not sure where to go from there. As I'm close to target I'm wondering whether to just stick to 5 syns a day. I'm having around 7 - 10 a day using syns within meals eg olive oil, extra bread , cheese etc. I do weigh out quantities carefully and do not snack on anything other than fruit which would be 1 piece. I use milk for Hex A and either benefit bars or a slice of bread (from 800g loaf) as a hex B. Breakfast is a bowl of berries ( not a huge bowl ), lunch has been homemade soup with some pasta thrown in and dinner is usually from a SW reciepe. Any ideas on what I can do other than the above ?. I'm on EE and never eat huge portions but I do feel I am eating enough IYSWIM?

What about trying a success express week hun? Maybe mix things up a bit.. trick your body... that kind of thing. Youre soo close to target though so those last few pounds could be pesky ones to shift x

Yes, that's a good idea, thanks Dance Mum. I have read about success express but wasnt quite sure that I understood it correctly. Can I still have HEx'S and some syns if needed? I understand about the 2/3 superfree and superfree snacks but am a bit muddly about the other bits.
x

Yes, that's a good idea, thanks Dance Mum. I have read about success express but wasnt quite sure that I understood it correctly. Can I still have HEx'S and some syns if needed? I understand about the 2/3 superfree and superfree snacks but am a bit muddly about the other bits.
x

I'm not sure about that bit to be honest. Something tells me that snacks should be superfree but I could have imagined that bit. I think though even if you done the 2/3 superfree at meal times it might be enough to kick start things for you

Success express is fab when you get your head round it. Its 2hexa and 2 hexb choices. Syns must be counted at highest value. Eg sausages that are 1 syn on red but 4 on green must be counted as 4, sweetcorn on red is higher then green etc... Its a great way to kickstart your loss again. I just struggle and worry the its not 2/3rds superfree.
Dont lower your syns just mix about, dont give your body the same breakfast and hexa's mix it up. You can get there mate.

Says she... the one that got to target 8 years ago and now can't even get 1/2 a stone off....:( nevermind ill keep plodding, i know what to do i just dont do it! :what:

The bubble will burst

Success express is fab when you get your head round it. Its 2hexa and 2 hexb choices. Syns must be counted at highest value. Eg sausages that are 1 syn on red but 4 on green must be counted as 4, sweetcorn on red is higher then green etc... Its a great way to kickstart your loss again. I just struggle and worry the its not 2/3rds superfree.
Dont lower your syns just mix about, dont give your body the same breakfast and hexa's mix it up. You can get there mate.

Says she... the one that got to target 8 years ago and now can't even get 1/2 a stone off....:( nevermind ill keep plodding, i know what to do i just dont do it! :what:

The bubble will burst

Aww bless you bubble you'll get there too. Sometimes it's really hard to get our brains in gear isn't it? I'm going to give it a go today. I like the sound of 2 hexes. Can't eat till lunchtime coz I'm fasting for a bloodiest later this morning ..... I'm soooo hungry:(((

Back