DOING SW FROM HOME???

I've sts this week but I'm satisfied with that after the way I'm feeling and what lack of motivation I have at the moment a sts is a good week. I need to lose at least 3st 7lb what do u think a target for Xmas could be. Was wondering in case it'll push me a bit more. I started out at 16st 12.5lb October 2012 when my son was ten weeks old. Got down to 14st 7.5lb which was my lowest in ten years and then gained 1st when stopped going to groups due to finance issues

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've sts this week but I'm satisfied with that after the way I'm feeling and what lack of motivation I have at the moment a sts is a good week. I need to lose at least 3st 7lb what do u think a target for Xmas could be. Was wondering in case it'll push me a bit more. I started out at 16st 12.5lb October 2012 when my son was ten weeks old. Got down to 14st 7.5lb which was my lowest in ten years and then gained 1st when stopped going to groups due to finance issues

Only you know what kind of pattern your losses are & I suppose whether or not you want to set a goal that you are comfortable that you can achieve or one that will push you harder but that you may not achieve. I have set myself a goal to lose another 3 stone by Christmas... which works out at 3lbs a week (mind you this week the scales arent moving much) I know that realistically there is a good chance that I wont achieve it but hopefully by trying to it will push me that bit harder. To be honest I would be happy to just get into the 14's (2st7lb to lose to get there) but I'm going to aim for that bit more. If you do set it high just be sure that you wont feel down if you dont achieve it.. I think look at the bigger picture as to how far you have come between now & then. does that make sense?

Thanks dancemum, I really don't know what would be better for me as I'm an emotional eater. It would be nice to get in the 13 bracket so that would be a pound a week

I have done SE today (I think) could someone cast their expert eye over my food for today to see if i've got things right?

late morning snack - 2 alpen light bars (hex B)
Lunch - 1/3 plate of lean ham, 2/3salad (no dressing)
1 x activia fat free yog
Snack - 60g wholemeal bread (dry) (2nd Hex B)
dinner - steak, 2/3 plate SF salad (no dressing)
SF fruit, 2 satsumas
350mls skimmed milk for tea - hex A

I haven't had any syns yet but will have somethng later if I need to.

Any advice appreciated Thank you x

Thanks dancemum, I really don't know what would be better for me as I'm an emotional eater. It would be nice to get in the 13 bracket so that would be a pound a week

Set it at that then hun coz the last thing you want to do is to feel bad if you dont reach your target & then it to have a negative effect

I'm gonna give it a go today's my first day of starting light exercise. Going to start of slow and gradually build it up over the months. My aim is to get to the stage where I can do the hip hop abs DVD without pain and discomfort.

I'm gonna give it a go today's my first day of starting light exercise. Going to start of slow and gradually build it up over the months. My aim is to get to the stage where I can do the hip hop abs DVD without pain and discomfort.

That sounds like a great idea Bma - :)

1lb off for me this week - which is great as I thought my loss had stopped. I did SE yesterday which I found quite easy and liked having 2 of each hex but I am having an EE weekend and might do a couple of SE days next week.

That sounds like a good plan hun. I like the sound of hip hop abs too

That sounds like a great idea Bma - :)

1lb off for me this week - which is great as I thought my loss had stopped. I did SE yesterday which I found quite easy and liked having 2 of each hex but I am having an EE weekend and might do a couple of SE days next week.

Thats brilliant hun. I'm glad you found success express ok. I guess maybe throwing the odd success express day into the week wouldnt do any harm!!

4lbs off for me this week which is a relief as the scales werent budging much all week :)

Thats brilliant hun. I'm glad you found success express ok. I guess maybe throwing the odd success express day into the week wouldnt do any harm!!

4lbs off for me this week which is a relief as the scales werent budging much all week :)

Wow that's another good loss especially after that big one, your definitely doing something right.

Well I managed 40 mins exercise this morning was light but still made me glow and sweat a tad. Didn't think I'd manage that, I'm fitter than I realised. So tired now though lol

That's a fab loss, dancemum well done:)
Yes SE was ok (think I did it right) but I don't think I could do it all week so I'll have a weekend on EE and do a couple of SE's as and when.

Well done bma123 on your exercise - 40 mins is very impressive!

Thx sewingbee.

Well I was that tired I've just got up from a 2hr nap. Oops good job my little still has a nap

Is SW really not for me? I've followed plan to the letter all week and today I've weighed myself to find I'm 2.5 pounds up and not down!!!!!

HEXA 350 ml skim milk
HEXB bread

B/Fast was blueberries nectarine and pear with fat free nat yogurt

lunch roasted chicken with SW roast potatoes, roast butternut squash, mashed swede and carrot all with no fat

dinner was when I used my bread had smoked salmon with some quark and a piece of leftover chicken on the side with leftover squash

syns was total 6.5 for the day

that more or less represents my week obviously foods different but I've stayed to plan 100% so what is going on?

i know I'm due on in a week or so but I've never gained that much! Normally STS! Help. I think I will have to give up and just starve myself!!!

Is SW really not for me? I've followed plan to the letter all week and today I've weighed myself to find I'm 2.5 pounds up and not down!!!!!

HEXA 350 ml skim milk
HEXB bread

lunch roasted chicken with SW roast potatoes, roast butternut squash, mashed swede and carrot all with no fat

dinner was when I used my bread had smoked salmon with some quark and a piece of leftover chicken on the side with leftover squash

that more or less represents my week obviously foods different but I've stayed to plan 100% so what is going on?

i know I'm due on in a week or so but I've never gained that much! Normally STS! Help. I think I will have to give up and just starve myself!!!

I'd give it a few weeks before u give up. Are u drinking enough? Are u having 1/3rd superfree? Was your bread whole meal. Don't let that gain put u off,make sure u weigh in same time each week

Montypoo im sorry your not feeling it with sw. Sometimes it doesnt work for everyone. Do you have a daily diary people can look at and advise on. Looking at your plan i would say add more colour. Superfree is what does it with sw. I find the more i eat the more i lose dont make sense i know. Dont give up just yet give your body a month to try out. You may be surprised.
Good luck mate we are all different but we are here to try and help eachother too. Xx

The bubble will burst

Maybe having your full 15 syns may help? I usually never have less than 12 and it works for me, when I first started the plan I used to stick to 5 because I was afraid that eating chocolate/crisps ect would make me gain weight, but I upped them to 15 and had really good losses :) x

Well done Dance Mum, like everyone is saying you really must be doing something right, you are having great losses. I had a bit of a nibbling celebration last Thursday and managed to eat 32 sins in one night!!!!!! ARRRGHHH but have been so strict with myself since as I felt I had sOOOOOO let myself down that I think I'm back on track now with normal syns allowed for each day...phew ;-D xx

Maybe having your full 15 syns may help? I usually never have less than 12 and it works for me, when I first started the plan I used to stick to 5 because I was afraid that eating chocolate/crisps ect would make me gain weight, but I upped them to 15 and had really good losses :) x
Funny you should say that Kally, I was been strict with myself trying to keep to 5syns thinking it would help but I had a bad night last Thursday and ate 32 in one night!!!... and my midweek weight sneaky peek is looking good so I'm wondering if I shuold try the same as you. Was I being too strict?? I know I've lost a steady 2-3 per week and I am pleased with that but part of me thinks it really should be a little more due to my starting weight, what do you think?

Funny you should say that Kally, I was been strict with myself trying to keep to 5syns thinking it would help but I had a bad night last Thursday and ate 32 in one night!!!... and my midweek weight sneaky peek is looking good so I'm wondering if I shuold try the same as you. Was I being too strict?? I know I've lost a steady 2-3 per week and I am pleased with that but part of me thinks it really should be a little more due to my starting weight, what do you think?

I'd say stick with more, if you're feeling deprived then it's the best thing to do as it could lead to a binge... They're there to be used so I say go for it!! xx

I generally stick to around 9-12 syns a day though if I want more I would have them rather than deprive myself. My thinking is if there are a few syns in the pot so to speak each day then if I have an off plan meal once a week (which I do & dont even feel guilty about!!!! lol) then the syns in the pot should cover it!!! I dont go into working it out though coz I look forward to a family takeaway every week & it keeps me on track through the week. I remember the last time I done SW being told that you should use your syns so that if your weight loss stalls then you have something you can cut back.. never tried it myself though

HEXA 350 ml skim milk
HEXB bread

Hey hun stick with it for a few weeks. Post your food diary each day & that way people can give you tips to maybe improve what you are doing. Being due on could be the reason too especially if you are feeling a bit bloated. The other thing is do you have much to lose? I have a lot to lose so my losses were big at the beginning but if you only had a small amount to lose the losses may not be as big.

Back