DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hello, if you do sw from home how do you find out the syns for things? And how do you stay motivated? x

Hi hun & welcome. If I need to find out a syn value for something I usually google it & more often than not it directs me to this forum. I guess as far as motivation goes I tend to be my own motivation but again this forum is really good to keep you on track & motivated. I have my diary in the weight loss diaries section & write everything down in there & there is always someone around to offer advice & keep you on track x

Good luck newstart19 and welcome.

I've lost 2lb this week but wanted more don't think I'm meant to get 13 off in one week like dancemum, PS how much have u got to lose wondering if that's y I don't lose big plus I have under active thyroid and pcos, I've got 3.5st to lose

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck newstart19 and welcome.

I've lost 2lb this week but wanted more don't think I'm meant to get 13 off in one week like dancemum, PS how much have u got to lose wondering if that's y I don't lose big plus I have under active thyroid and pcos, I've got 3.5st to lose

Well done hun. I wouldnt mind another week like that one!!!! lol I think it was a total fluke though & unfortunately will probably never happen again but I can only hope. To be honest as long as its going in the right direction I wont complain. I weigh in tomorrow morning so fingers crossed I can still see 16's!!!! :cross:

Started from at home on Monday there. Doing mostly extra Easy, a few accidental green days here and there.

I'm breastfeeding a 14 week old so get lots of Health Extras, but trying to stay sensible. Loving a Green day Chips, Eggs and Beans and best of all it's very very cheap! Haha! Maternity Pay is rubbish :)

Going to try baked bean lasange and a mixed bean chilli this week for quick, easy and cheap lunches

Right weighed myself this morning and have lost 3lbs this week so my starting weight is 14st 5lb -gulp.

I will set up a food diary in the appropriate section to keep me on the straight and narrow. I would so like to be below 14st when I go on holiday in 2 weeks time.

Congratulations to all who have lost.

Hi all joining on you on the SW from home journey...

Im melissa, 26, I have three children, a husband and a dog! Got married in May and managed to weigh my lowest since high school (8st 10) and felt amazing (did this on a meal replacement called Juice Plus, it was grim!) Anyway since then we went on honeymoon, had the 6 weeks school holidays and I managed to put a stone on :eek: so now its time to lose it again and im on a mission to get lower than 8st 10 too...big dream but i reckon i can do it, i always like to lose a little more so i have some lbs to play with.

So started SW from home on Monday and so far its going really well, had a sneaky weigh in yesterday and was -4lb but today i -3lb lol (im an obsessive weigher!) Not getting on the scales till Monday though now....4lb loss would be lovely to see!!

Rambling on a little now but also wanted to say congrats on all the fabulous losses so far!

1lb off for me this week . I've done SE for 6 days so expected more but I think I'm going to be plodding slowly to target ! 5lbs to go .........

Well done maybe u get bigger loss next week body catches up with the se

Im melissa, 26, I have three children, a husband and a dog! Got married in May and managed to weigh my lowest since high school (8st 10) and felt amazing (did this on a meal replacement called Juice Plus, it was grim!) Anyway since then we went on honeymoon, had the 6 weeks school holidays and I managed to put a stone on :eek: so now its time to lose it again and im on a mission to get lower than 8st 10 too...big dream but i reckon i can do it, i always like to lose a little more so i have some lbs to play with.

So started SW from home on Monday and so far its going really well, had a sneaky weigh in yesterday and was -4lb but today i -3lb lol (im an obsessive weigher!) Not getting on the scales till Monday though now....4lb loss would be lovely to see!!

Rambling on a little now but also wanted to say congrats on all the fabulous losses so far!

Welcome and I think a few of us are obsessive weighers.

I know I am...I had a takeaway last night although only ate half of it I've still managed to put .4 of a lb back on since yesterday....don't think I'm gonna be able to fit exercise in today but got lots of cleaning to do to keep me active.

1lb off for me this week . I've done SE for 6 days so expected more but I think I'm going to be plodding slowly to target ! 5lbs to go .........

Well done doing 6 SE days. Maybe next week the scales will catch up though I have read about others saying the last few lbs is always the hardest to lose so I reckon any loss when you get to that stage is amazing hun x

Welcome Melissa, I'm another obsessive weigher here too!! I weigh every morning!! lol I have heard about the juice plus diet & people do seem to get results from it. I have to admit I thought about it but didnt want to fork out that amount of money without being able to try the product first. I have a friend who is doing it & she says shes really struggling at the minute.

Welcome and I think a few of us are obsessive weighers.

I know I am...I had a takeaway last night although only ate half of it I've still managed to put .4 of a lb back on since yesterday....don't think I'm gonna be able to fit exercise in today but got lots of cleaning to do to keep me active.

bma123, if your takeaway had any kind of sauce thats completely normal but it will drop after 2 days.... thats what I discovered anyway!!! lol I find that chicken fried rice or chicken chow mein doesnt seem to affect the scales but anything with a sauce can have anything up to a 2lb gain the day after!!! lol

I weighed in this morning with a 4lb loss. I think my losses are starting to steady a bit but I'm definitely happy if they carry on like this. I'm really pleased because i reached my half century & my 3 1/2 stone shiny. I'll be the first to admit that I didnt have the best week this week.. I did stay on plan & didnt go over my syns but to be honest I probably wasnt eating enough (I might have managed breakfast once!!! eeek) & I drunk too much diet coke & probably not enough water.

Anyway I hope you are all having a lovely weekend x

Well done doing 6 SE days. Maybe next week the scales will catch up though I have read about others saying the last few lbs is always the hardest to lose so I reckon any loss when you get to that stage is amazing hun x

bma123, if your takeaway had any kind of sauce thats completely normal but it will drop after 2 days.... thats what I discovered anyway!!! lol I find that chicken fried rice or chicken chow mein doesnt seem to affect the scales but anything with a sauce can have anything up to a 2lb gain the day after!!! lol

It was kebab and chips, ate the chips prob just a handful....ate all the naan (one thing I don't like to waste lol)....and had about four pieces of meat...ate the salad and it had mayo on

It was kebab and chips, ate the chips prob just a handful....ate all the naan (one thing I don't like to waste lol)....and had about four pieces of meat...ate the salad and it had mayo on

I have never had a kebab before!!!!! lol I'm sure it will be off by tomorrow morning though hun x

Thanks dance mum and bma123. I think you're right i that any loss at this stage is a bonus so I'm going to carry on with SE and still have saturday nights off!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Dancemum - yeah its a very strict diet, no dairy/pasta/bread/gluten/wheat eat it was literally veg fruit nuts meat ... very hard but i mamagwd4 to lose 24lb in 6 months the weight just fell off me but im not surprised really with what i was eating! Was quite surprised when i eventually went back to pasta and bread i thought id pile all the weight back on but only a stone and that because I was having chocolates crisps takeaways etc....lots and lots of naughtiness! Need to stay focused now though and get slim for Christmas and Christmas party! Then keep it off but thats why I like SW, its so adaptable and its something you can do long term, Juice Plus was a good short term quick fix but I couldnt do it forever so the weight was always bound to creep on

Congrats on 4lb loss!!
X

Back