DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks for the welcomes!

Dancemum - yeah its a very strict diet, no dairy/pasta/bread/gluten/wheat eat it was literally veg fruit nuts meat ... very hard but i mamagwd4 to lose 24lb in 6 months the weight just fell off me but im not surprised really with what i was eating! Was quite surprised when i eventually went back to pasta and bread i thought id pile all the weight back on but only a stone and that because I was having chocolates crisps takeaways etc....lots and lots of naughtiness! Need to stay focused now though and get slim for Christmas and Christmas party! Then keep it off but thats why I like SW, its so adaptable and its something you can do long term, Juice Plus was a good short term quick fix but I couldnt do it forever so the weight was always bound to creep on

Congrats on 4lb loss!!
X

Thanks hun. You have done really well & I'm sure you'll be at your target weight by xmas. I had thought about doing it short term to get a bit of a boost & then sticking to SW but in the end just went straight to SW but have been stricter with portion sizes etc & so far so good. If my weight loss stalled though I would definitely consider something like that to get it going again x

Just noticed your 4lbs off dance mum - thats fab xx

Thank you huni. Still a long way to go but at least I'm heading in the right direction x

Hi :)

I'm another SW@home follower. I'm doing EE

My plan was to only weigh in once a month (first one on Monday 29th Sept) but I'm thinking now weekly or fortnightly may be better (I HATE getting weighed)

Tracy :wavey:

Welcome!

I love EE its so EASY lol! Previously id only ever done green days as i love pasta sooo much and was using quorn but love that i can have best of both worlds now!

Good luck on your journey
X

Hi :)

I'm another SW@home follower. I'm doing EE

My plan was to only weigh in once a month (first one on Monday 29th Sept) but I'm thinking now weekly or fortnightly may be better (I HATE getting weighed)

Tracy :wavey:

Welcome Tracy, I LOVE your signature pic!!!!!!! lol

Good luck with weighing once a month.... I cant even keep with just weighing weekly.. I weigh most days just coz I struggle to resist despite saying at the start I would obsess over scales!!!! lol I think I lasted 4 days!!!! lol x

Thank you emmy9 and dancemum.
I did a very similar recipe to the one you said emmy, it just wasn't the same though. I think I will use the packet next time and count myself 2 syns. Everyone said was ok but not the same.. Anyway given we only have fajitas every few weeks I will syns it in future.

The wedding was a really lovely day but long being out from 3pm until the kids got tired at 11pm. The first buffet was not at all SW friendly mainly consisiting of spicy breaded chicken, battered onion rings, white sandwiches, samosas.... I had a couple of bits of chicken a couple of samosas and some onions rings. The second buffet was a bit more variety with wholemeal bread sandwiches, cucumbers, pickled onions, cheese cubes, chicken legs. Also all the pastries like sausage rolls etc but I avoided them. I did have a small bit of wedding cake and a small bit of choc cake but I am actually pleased with my restraint as I would normally have had a bit of every cake and piled my plate high with food.

Although I stuck with coke all night they were bought by a few people so I am not entirely sure they were all diet but we were on limited budget ourselves so I wasnt going to turn down free drinks.

All in all I am pleaed with myself and still had a rally good time.

Today I am totally back on track with egg on toast for breakfast and a big sunday lunch cooking away right now.

There have been some excellent losses in here. I am really motivated by how well you are all doing.

I'm not sure I could weigh in monthly although it would be good as I get so hung up on the figures on the scales every week... My weigh in is tomorrow morning and I have already had 2 sneaky peeks this week!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well weekend over and I'm glad, its been awful. Woke up Saturday morning feeling very low so after the good start with exercise its gone to pot. Had a very lazy weekend and then to top it of started in pain with my neck and shoulders again last night so had a rough nights sleep and woke up still in pain. Had a peak at scales and it looks like weekend hasn't done any damage to them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well weekend over and I'm glad, its been awful. Woke up Saturday morning feeling very low so after the good start with exercise its gone to pot. Had a very lazy weekend and then to top it of started in pain with my neck and shoulders again last night so had a rough nights sleep and woke up still in pain. Had a peak at scales and it looks like weekend hasn't done any damage to them.

Aww no hun, nothing worse than not being able to sleep due to pain. I have terrible pain at the right hand side of my upper back at the minute after a car accident in june & its driving me mad. I thought it was settling down a bit but its flared up as bad as ever at the end of last week & has been there since. just hope physio can do something with it when I see her :( Glad your scales are behaving themselves.. I had my normal peek at mine & they are being nice this morning too :)

Sory you had a rough weekend BMA, glad your scales are being kind to you!

Mel well done for staying on plan for wedding - cant say id do the same....I'm a sucker for a buffet and wedding cake lol! How did weigh in go??

-4.5lb for me on the scales for me this morning with my weigh in!! Yay! Very please with that for first weigh in!

Doing a green day today as I was starving at breakfast so used 2x HE B of cereal! :p todays food I think is going to be chickpea dahl with spinach and rice for dinner and tea jacket potato with beans and HE A cheese and some salad...mm mmm!

Happy Monday everyone, hope your all good!

Thx dancemum and I know u think ur getting better then it flares up with a vengeance.

Well done on the loss Tigger that's a great loss.

Just put mince and onion in the slow cooker for t, one less thing to worry about today

Serial dieter and former minimims forumite here.

Well I'm back. Slimming world at home here. Started last Tuesday so first weigh in is tomorrow morning. Its looking good, I've so far (yes I'm a serial weigher too!) I've lost 5.5lb which is great as a good loss in the first week will hopefully keep me on track. I'm pretty bad for keeping my head in the right place and not getting fed up with diets. I now weigh the heaviest I ever have after a year of illness.

I stayed the same :(
I am giving this plan a month but I fear my body needs near on starvation to shift the flab! I am feeling a bit lost if i'm honest. It took me about 4mths to lose 12lbs, before the summer holidays, which is just so slow. I am starting to feel like time is running out and I will need something drastic!

Apologies for not reading back I just feel a bit low today.

I stayed the same :(
I am giving this plan a month but I fear my body needs near on starvation to shift the flab! I am feeling a bit lost if i'm honest. It took me about 4mths to lose 12lbs, before the summer holidays, which is just so slow. I am starting to feel like time is running out and I will need something drastic!

Apologies for not reading back I just feel a bit low today.

Have u got a food plan we can check for u. U might find ur better with doing it a different way.... Red/green/we. How much do u have to lose? There's is a lot of things to consider. If u want over the phone help pm me and ill give my number or give me urs....have u had ur thyroid tested...are u on any medication?

1 lb loss for me this week, after a big night out with tapas and lots of wine i am happy with that

well done hun.. another step in the right direction x

Hello all! My name is Valerie and I too am a serial dieter. Yo-yo for years. Get bored with a diet / get cocky after a good loss and back to square one. Feel like playing snakes and ladders lately! But I wanna lose weight so I can enjoy a healthy pregnancy when the time comes! I was 16.5 stone and bout 2 yrs ago got down to 14st and stuck here give or take a few lbs since. I would love to get to 12-12.5 so my main would be to reach there roughly around Xmas. Nought myself a bike and determined to shed the lot. I sabotage my work thou when I exercise I ten to eat enough to balance it out. I just need to find the actual balance and I believe it can be done with SW plan. I love the EE plan and learned alot from my time in group. (lost a stone through group and then thought I was great and left class) I am also jogging (not very fast, but jogging / power walking 3-4 times a week)
Good luck to all in same boat and congrats to those already overcome this.

Good luck Valerie! Im the same as you with the exercise and justifying eating naughties!! Ive done it today, walked 50 mins today and then instead of having my usual 3 syn small choc I had a 8.5 syns choc when I was doing so well! Still within my syns today but higher than I would have! Also felt sick after eating it lol *sigh*

Well done for buying a bike and jogging! I do believe in the motto of eat healthy move more and you will lose weight!

x

Hi everyone. Had a week off plan. Had my dad in hospital for the last 2 weeks so the first weeks I didn't eat the second week I didn't stop eating. But today I'm back on plan. But must admit after a day at the hospital all I fancy when I get home is wine and fast food.. X

Have u got a food plan we can check for u. U might find ur better with doing it a different way.... Red/green/we. How much do u have to lose? There's is a lot of things to consider. If u want over the phone help pm me and ill give my number or give me urs....have u had ur thyroid tested...are u on any medication?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I do have a food diary, im sorry but I am not sure how to link it on this tab! I am doing EE each day and I need to lose about 5 stone so not a small amount.

I am going to give it a couple more weeks then maybe think about coming off this pill as I am convinced that is playing a part in it. Hopefully I can start getting some losses soon I just feel despondant as it is the first week and I had hoped for even a little loss.

It was actually more like 6 mths to lose 12lbs back before summer, not 4mths as I said in my previous post, I started group in January and stopped in July, over the summer hols I gained 2lbs.

I've just started this week from home, really hope I can stay motivated.

Anyone using any apps to keep track of food and syns. I use to use ultimate value food diary, but now that have upgraded it and it seems to be way more weight watchers friendly than before, so deleted it as found it to bothersome to keep editing stuff..
Xx

Back