DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Everyone, I've come on here to fess up lol. After having such a great week last week (-6lb), I've been naughty this week, not so much with meals still doing great with them, I've been craving crisps and chocolate.....and given in on several occasions, mainly on a night after my meal. Its not that I'm hungry I'm not, the problem I have is that when I've had one (well within syns for day) I have another....and another....then crisps....then biscuits, then feel so crap for doing it I carry on and do the same thing the following day, so I've been like this since Friday. Cant understand it as you would think with only 2lb to go for 2stones off I would be so motivated. What do you all think? A blip? I had a word with myself this morning and will do my best to stay on plan today with no naughty snack syns at all......go cold turkey!! :-(

Thinking about it this has always been my issue I do so well and dont eat any crisps/choc but as soon as I have 1 I just crave it all the time. Any suggestions?

HELP!!!!!!!! xx

Hi Everyone, I've come on here to fess up lol. After having such a great week last week (-6lb), I've been naughty this week, not so much with meals still doing great with them, I've been craving crisps and chocolate.....and given in on several occasions, mainly on a night after my meal. Its not that I'm hungry I'm not, the problem I have is that when I've had one (well within syns for day) I have another....and another....then crisps....then biscuits, then feel so crap for doing it I carry on and do the same thing the following day, so I've been like this since Friday. Cant understand it as you would think with only 2lb to go for 2stones off I would be so motivated. What do you all think? A blip? I had a word with myself this morning and will do my best to stay on plan today with no naughty snack syns at all......go cold turkey!! :-(

Thinking about it this has always been my issue I do so well and dont eat any crisps/choc but as soon as I have 1 I just crave it all the time. Any suggestions?

HELP!!!!!!!! xx

I think you gave yourself the best advice, stay away from the crisps and biscuits even as syns for a while to break the cycle and reach your 2 stones, use the syns for something completely different like a hot choc drink you won't want loads of them.
Also keep busy at those crucial times as distraction is the key

Good luck

Hi everyone
I'm doing it alone too as I can't afford classes and my mum gave me her SW book to use. This is my first week so I'm just trying to get to grip with things. I'm hoping that joining this forum I speak to others in the same position trying to lose weight with SW!! I'm sure there's lots of supportive people on here that can help us all keep on track too :)

Good luck! xx

Ohhowiwish, I am exactly the same with crisps and biscuits. I did my first week last week and in he whole week only had 3 bourbon biscuits (although it was supposed to be only 1!) I have had,my first pack of crisps today in over a week and I am going to try to avoid the for the rest of the week as I know I get addicted to them too easily.

I agree it is best to totally avoid them in the early days/weeks.

Well today Inhave brushed myself off and am gonna give it my best shot this week and see what the scales say. So disheartening sts on my first week, it really knocked my confidence.

Today has been good so far and I have chilli beef to look forward to soon :) I need to meal plan a little bit as it is shopping day tomorrow...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think that the cravings kick in because ur body starts to go into withdrawal but from what I gather if u can fight this demon after a month ur supposed to not get the cravings so much...I too have been the same this week but trying my hardest to battle through.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ohhowiwish, I am exactly the same with crisps and biscuits. I did my first week last week and in he whole week only had 3 bourbon biscuits (although it was supposed to be only 1!) I have had,my first pack of crisps today in over a week and I am going to try to avoid the for the rest of the week as I know I get addicted to them too easily.

I agree it is best to totally avoid them in the early days/wee

Well today Inhave brushed myself off and am gonna give it my best shot this week and see what the scales say. So disheartening sts on my first week, it really knocked my confidence.

Today has been good so far and I have chilli beef to look forward to soon :) I need to meal plan a little bit as it is shopping day tomorrow...

Aww don't give in, it can take your body a while to adapt to a new diet, my weight loss it slow , i'd like to lose 1lb every week but its more like 1lb every 2-3 weeks. I decided to carry on regardless as its such a healthy diet to follow with no need to go hungry.

I think you are right about meal planning as i get lost without my meal being well thought out in advance.

Good luck x

Aww don't give in, it can take your body a while to adapt to a new diet, my weight loss it slow , i'd like to lose 1lb every week but its more like 1lb every 2-3 weeks. I decided to carry on regardless as its such a healthy diet to follow with no need to go hungry.

I think you are right about meal planning as i get lost without my meal being well thought out in advance.

Good luck x

Thanks. I have planned 7 meals, but not allocated days, so will go shopping after this cuppa. I have got two new recipes to try, from the new mag, Pork Satay and Thai green curry.

I did have a little peek on the scales this morning and have lost a teeny tiny bit so that has made me feel better. It is just so frustrating when it comes off so slowly.

i know exactly what you mean. Although I did atkins before slimming world and thought it was great because you have great results however the minute you eat some carbs the weight flies back on and then some. I am certain that this slow way is the best way.

I'm a slow loser too but feel great on SW. My skin is lovely and clear and my nails are growing like mad and bizarrely I don't crave the junk I was eating anymore .

I hope I get to that point. Unfortunately at the minute my skin has gone really spotty, my daughter asked me this morning if I had chicken pox haha..

I made the thai gren curry from the SW mag today, it was really nice and big portions too. IF anyone else tries it my advice wouls be (as with most sw recipes) dont use as much stock as the recipe says. I used 400ml instead of 600ml and it was more than enough. I also bought the ingredients for the pork satay so will be making that on friday...

oh dear...... +0.5lb today. could have been much worse so I'll take that on the chin. had a much better time last 2 days so im back on track now xx

Oh dear Tigger!!
Although I think I prefer her chicken pox remark, in the privacy of our own home, more than her loudly announcing that my bum is far too big for the toilet seat...whilst in public loo's I could have died!!!

Onwards to next week, ohhowiwish :) you can do it xx

How is everyone doing. I hope you are all on plan :)

I have just cooked up a chicken potato and chickpea curry... It is actually for tomorrow as we are having Pork satay tonight from the new mag. Although sitting here smelling the house I may change my mind, this smells sooooo nice! I will check the stir fry veg and see if they will be ok until tomorrow.

Had a sneaky peek on the scales (again) and seem to have lost something... not counting my chickens though and will wait until official weigh in day on Monday.

I too have just been going through the new mag, (my lovely OH bought it for me as I was drooling over the recipes flicking through it in the shop. Ha!) Really looking forward to trying some of them-thai food is my absolute fave and discovered recently that using coconut yog instead of coconut milk keeps the syns even lower and tastes just as delicious (I cant take credit as I found the idea on here somewhere) but even OH eats it willingly and hes the annoying type who can eat whatever and not put on a lb!

Oh dear Tigger!!
Although I think I prefer her chicken pox remark, in the privacy of our own home, more than her loudly announcing that my bum is far too big for the toilet seat...whilst in public loo's I could have died!!!

Onwards to next week, ohhowiwish :) you can do it xx

Thanks Redmel, feeling much more positive this week, back on it again with no slip ups since Monday (meaning no choc/crisps syns), thanks though to everyone again, it really did help get my mind back to being focussed again having you all be so supportive. I am aware though that there may be a slight gain again this week or STS as I really was not a good girl last week, but I am happy in the knowledge that if I stick to it properly it will come off again and then I can progress further with my venture xx

Oh no on the .5 gain, u can get that off plus more next week;-)

I've maintained this week but am happy with that after the week I've had

Good luck everyone else

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back