DOING SW FROM HOME???

Oh no on the .5 gain, u can get that off plus more next week;-)

I've maintained this week but am happy with that after the week I've had

Good luck everyone else

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks BMA123, lets hope so, it wont be for the lack of trying anyway:ashamed0005: xx

I too have just been going through the new mag, (my lovely OH bought it for me as I was drooling over the recipes flicking through it in the shop. Ha!) Really looking forward to trying some of them-thai food is my absolute fave and discovered recently that using coconut yog instead of coconut milk keeps the syns even lower and tastes just as delicious (I cant take credit as I found the idea on here somewhere) but even OH eats it willingly and hes the annoying type who can eat whatever and not put on a lb!

I am doing the pork satay from the mag tomorrow.
I read, probably on here, about the coconut yog too. I add it to the SW korma recipe instead of plain yoghurt, it is delish...love coconut.

We had chicken, potato and chickpea curry today. I only made it to use up the rest of the coconut milk. It was absolutely gorgeous... Recipe was from the bbc food website but I used far less oil than the recipe suggests to use. It worked out 3 syns per person... Tbh it was probably less as it was split between 4 adult portions, 2 kids portions and a lunch portion.....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi All
Please can i join this thread too ?
I am new to the forum, I am not new to SW lost 3.5stone after having my son now 12 years old. my target weight was 10st 3lb
In last year my weight has been creeping up and up so i joined the group near me in the summer , i was advised to do the EE plan which i feel wasn't for me
the most i ever lost was 2lb my first week and yo yo'ed , so i have given up the class spend the money swimming twice a week and i am now going to do it at home.

I work from home , so easily distracted by biscuits in the cupboard , crisps etc. I feel its exercise that i need to increase , i feel unhealthy and it is starting to show.

I started on wednesday 1st oct my starting weight was 11st 9lb i have done 2 SE days which was ok , then yesterday went over on my syns on wine and pudding with custard :(

So as of today - i am going to be back on SE hopefully until wednesday , avoid the wine and hot puddings. I will also pick up the new SW mag today for inspiration.
I personally find having two Hex and less carbs easier for me hence the SE to begin with , and maybe some red days in between.

I have bought lots of fruit (oranges, grapefruit, pears), which i will try to eat in between 3 good meals with lots of veggies / salad.

Any advice welcome , i too am a compulsive weigher , but i will try to only weigh on a wednesday morning. and maybe once in between , as i do find it has a negative effect if it goes up, over the last few months I have been weighing everyday, and it been up down up down but mainly up's .

Good luck all

Hey everyone, sorry for my absence. I had a few stressful days but thankfully all good now. I'm pleased with myself that I didnt go off plan & go crazy... I actually done the opposite & ate nothing (for just over 24 hours!!!) which wasnt good either but in my eyes better than the alternative. Anyway despite all that I have lost 2lb this week which is at least in the right direction. It also proves not eating doesnt equal bigger losses!! lol Anyway all is good now so I can get back to normal this week & depending on the weather I'm going to try & go for a bit of a walk in the morning this week when I can x

Hey everyone, sorry for my absence. I had a few stressful days but thankfully all good now. I'm pleased with myself that I didnt go off plan & go crazy... I actually done the opposite & ate nothing (for just over 24 hours!!!) which wasnt good either but in my eyes better than the alternative. Anyway despite all that I have lost 2lb this week which is at least in the right direction. It also proves not eating doesnt equal bigger losses!! lol Anyway all is good now so I can get back to normal this week & depending on the weather I'm going to try & go for a bit of a walk in the morning this week when I can x

Glad things have settled down for you Dancemum.Well done on your 2lb loss - you are doing fantastically well.

Another 1lb off for me - did EE this week as felt quite hungry and had a couple of off plan moments but nothing too serious.
Good luck for everyone this week .
I cooked SW KFC during the week and it was so delicious that we are having it again tonight . I used instant potato mix instead of bread and it worked really well.Also I didn't boil my chicken first as it was already skinless (used skinless, boneless thighs). Well worth the effort in my opinion :D

Well done dancemum and sewingbee on your losses :)

Glad things are less stressful dancemum and well done on not going off plan, apart from the not eating!!

Things have been hectic here this mornin.. I ended up grabbing fruit for a late brekkie (banana, apple and pear all fun size ones lol) then had cassava crisps at 12.30 while watching kids swimming lessons. I have not long managed to have a lunvh of leftover chicken, potato and chickpea curry which is so gorgeous I will definitely be making it again soon.

Pork satay for dinner later :)

Well saturday over - and not over on syns :) my menu consisted of ..........
Breakfast
Started by sharing red grapefruit with my daughter followed by unflavoured porridge , with raspberries and blueberries in it ,and a satsuma.
Lunch
chicken salad tiny bit of extra light mayo
Snack
Pear, grapes
dinner
home made prawn stirfry - with onion, green beans, broccoli, beansprouts, mushrooms, peppers,
Syns
Bottle becks
mayo

we also walked the dogs around the country park, before dinner. Bought the slimming world mag .. had a quick flick through that.

Today
aiming to go swimming with the kids around midday , however breakfast will be a cooked one today lots of mushrooms, tomatoes and a poached egg,
and will walk dogs to park later too , then home made beef casserole for dinner.

The weekends are where I go wrong so writing this down and adding some structure is what I really need to get through the weekends ....hope you didn't mind me posting ?
Have a good sunday all . Now I am committed to sticking to the day.

Well done zippy I struggle with weekends too but I find if I'm good from Monday I generally still get a las but then I have still got a minimum of 3st to lose

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done Zippy. Weekends are also my downfall but this is my 2nd weekend since getting back on track after the summer holidays and I seem to be doing ok so far.

I have just had an absolutely gorgeous quiche with beans for lunch.

Hi all!

I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm doing SW at home as I can't afford a subscription or to go to class. I've done it before but need not to get cocky this time and think 'yeah I got this'. I weigh in on a Saturday morning but am definitely an obsessive weigher. Good luck all and keep motivated!

WI day for me tomorrow, had sneaky weigh in on Friday and was still the same....hoping I have at least lost 1lb though! Had a crappy diet wise though so I'm not counting on it!

Hope your all having a nice weekend, I've been dog sitting at my mums and it's been tough, took a few bits to make a chilli for tea yesterday but it's been tough with resisting her naughty cupboard which had Jaffa cakes....mmmmm! Had 1and put them away.....don't think I've ever done that lol!

Back home now though so no more temptation!

Welcome punk pixie and good luck

X

It's my weigh in tomorrow aswell. I have had a peek a couple of times and had lost 1lb at my last peek so fingers crossed that is still showing in the morning so I can officially count it ;) I really really need a loss tomorrow.

3lb loss this week despite having a couple of doughnuts at the fireworks on Saturday thinking "how bad could they be?". Turns out, very.

Back