DOING SW FROM HOME???

I am looking for some advice. I have a prom dress to fit into (it is being custom made) by 25th October (work ball). I just want to loose a wee bit of weight to make me feel comfier but ultimately I have about 10 stone to loose. I have did Slimming World before and I loved it but I want to loose about 1 stone in a couple of weeks! I know that it is probably unrealistic with Slimming World so decided to go onto one of the Meal Replacement Diets (started this morning) The breakfast was disgusting as was the lunch which was spaghetti bolognaise. It was making me physically boak eating them so I ended up going to the shop for a chicken salad box! Obv this is all free on SW and is all that I have had today. Will I just do SW again ??? My mind is playing overdrive! I am starving!! My issue is that I cannot get to any classes and scared to do it on my own from home (myh scales are not reliable either) any advice is welcome! Thanks xx:wave_cry:

I am looking for some advice. I have a prom dress to fit into (it is being custom made) by 25th October (work ball). I just want to loose a wee bit of weight to make me feel comfier but ultimately I have about 10 stone to loose. I have did Slimming World before and I loved it but I want to loose about 1 stone in a couple of weeks! I know that it is probably unrealistic with Slimming World so decided to go onto one of the Meal Replacement Diets (started this morning) The breakfast was disgusting as was the lunch which was spaghetti bolognaise. It was making me physically boak eating them so I ended up going to the shop for a chicken salad box! Obv this is all free on SW and is all that I have had today. Will I just do SW again ??? My mind is playing overdrive! I am starving!! My issue is that I cannot get to any classes and scared to do it on my own from home (myh scales are not reliable either) any advice is welcome! Thanks xx:wave_cry:

Hi Debz, well, I personally would always prefer SW to anything else, to me it is the healthiest way to go, without a doubt. 1 stone in about 2 weeks, well, if you stick to it properly and drink lots of water, I would say you could get very close to that to be honest. I lost 9lb in my 1st week and 3.5 in my second (starting off at 20st 1lb). I was so chuffed you wouldnt believe. You CAN do this and please do not be hungry its the one sure way you will end up giving in, and there is no need at all to be hungry on SW Yayy ;-). So in conclusion go with SW and just do your best, I am sure you will do great, and there is some great support on here if ever you need it. Wishing you every success xx

P.S sorry also meant to add, please DO NOT be scared about doing it alone from home, you will never be alone now you have joined this forum, we are all in the same boat and there is always soemone around to give you a bit of extra motivation if you need it. Re the scales, do any of your local chemists have scales you could use, or failing that maybe investing in some new scales would be a good idea, I think the digital ones are the most accurate but whatever you could afford would do the trick and at least you would know they are not lying to you ;-) Get some today and then you know you are starting from a level playing field and whichever way you go always use the same scales in the same place at the same time of day.........goodness me I'm ranting on now........somebody stop me........good luck Debz, you really can do this xx

Owhowiwish you said it all. I agree with every word u uttered and generally the more u have to lose the faster it comes off in the beginning as long as u stick to the plan 100%

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Owhowiwish you said it all. I agree with every word u uttered and generally the more u have to lose the faster it comes off in the beginning as long as u stick to the plan 100%

:) haha, I do tend to ramble on when I get going!!! xx

Try and so some exercise too, the results might not show on the scales immediately but you could lose inches rather than weight which is the main thing if you want your dress to be more comfortable. Best of luck!

P.S sorry also meant to add, please DO NOT be scared about doing it alone from home, you will never be alone now you have joined this forum, we are all in the same boat and there is always soemone around to give you a bit of extra motivation if you need it. Re the scales, do any of your local chemists have scales you could use, or failing that maybe investing in some new scales would be a good idea, I think the digital ones are the most accurate but whatever you could afford would do the trick and at least you would know they are not lying to you ;-) Get some today and then you know you are starting from a level playing field and whichever way you go always use the same scales in the same place at the same time of day.........goodness me I'm ranting on now........somebody stop me........good luck Debz, you really can do this xx

Thank u so much for your advice. I am determined. I will do this!! I am going to even join curves tomorrow ?? I think they weigh and measure aswell but will check my own scales and see what they say. What kind of things do you have on a typical day?? Xx

What kind of things do you have on a typical day?? Xx

Ermmm

1 Weetabix and banana and small whole meal toast, toast normally mid morning
New potatoes, salad, chicken breast and sometimes grilled peppers onion and mushroom
Yogurt and fruit
Swede and spud mash, carrots, broccoli, sausage casserole
Tea perhaps 3 times and robinsons juice or water

Totally srewed up today but I have waffled on in my food diary about it lol.

Weighed in this morning with a 1lb 12oz loss so am pretty happy with that. Obviously I wish it was more but hey ho!

Debz, it really is possible from home. I think you have had great advice so all I will add is go and read everyones food diaries as they will give you a good idea of how much people are losing and what they are eating to acheive it :)

Well done for all the losses and STS this week (STS is far far better than a gain)
Debz, go for it!!! However much you lose on the next two weeks will make a difference inside and outside too. Good luck. Keep posting so we can enjoy your success too xx

Eek just realised my post may have been insensitive to any one who gained this week. Apologies if any offence caused as none was intended xx

Well done for all the losses and STS this week (STS is far far better than a gain) Debz, go for it!!! However much you lose on the next two weeks will make a difference inside and outside too. Good luck. Keep posting so we can enjoy your success too xx

Thanks so much. I am determined to do this!!
Day 1 - here I come!!! ??

As the others said generally the more you have to lose the quicker it will come off in the beginning. My biggest loss in one week was 13lbs & I lost 3 stone in my 1st month. My weight loss has slowed down to a more normal pace now but it gave me the boost I needed to stick with it in the early days & now I feel like my eating habits are good... albeit a bit erratic some day but the choices I make are good.

Thanks so much. I am determined to do this!!
Day 1 - here I come!!! ??

Hey ladies sorry I havent got online much this past few days so just checking in to say hello. Been sticking to plan all weekend & my sneaky peek at the scales this morning showed they were moving at least. Dont get me wrong I would love another huge loss for a wee bit of a boost but so long as they keep moving in the right direction I'm happy & if they could show a 15 something by the end of the month even better!!!! hahahahaha

Hey ladies sorry I havent got online much this past few days so just checking in to say hello. Been sticking to plan all weekend & my sneaky peek at the scales this morning showed they were moving at least. Dont get me wrong I would love another huge loss for a wee bit of a boost but so long as they keep moving in the right direction I'm happy & if they could show a 15 something by the end of the month even better!!!! hahahahaha

Your results are amazing you really should feel very proud of yourself

Your results are amazing you really should feel very proud of yourself

Thanks hun. I'm such an impatient person that I would love to be at target yesterday but as long as the scales keep moving I cant complain coz I able to eat things I enjoy now & still lose weight

Thanks hun. I'm such an impatient person that I would love to be at target yesterday but as long as the scales keep moving I cant complain coz I able to eat things I enjoy now & still lose weight

well said, i feel the same only my weightloss is much slower than yours lol and i am sooo impatient haha

Thank u so much for your advice. I am determined. I will do this!! I am going to even join curves tomorrow ?? I think they weigh and measure aswell but will check my own scales and see what they say. What kind of things do you have on a typical day?? Xx

Well done you Debz, thats great. On a typical day I will probably have a mullerlight yoghurt and some fruit for breakfast, then at lunchtime beans on toast (wholemeal bread) followed by a piece of fruit, for dinner my favourite at the mo is pasta with chicken and a little bacon with a sauce made from passata,mushrooms,onions and a couple of laughing cow light triangles thrown in to the mix and melted in. Yum. Then I try and drink my milk allowance as a glass of milk (if I've used any during the day in anything else I just drink whats left) I try not to have hot drinks as I only like them with sugar in (naughty). I also try to avoid snacks during the day too, I know this goes againt SW grain a little but I find as long as I stick to meal times I 'm not tempted with crisps/choc (see earlier posts!!!!! disaster waiting to happen lol ) xx And a very big thing I find that helps is to drink plenty of water, its helps you to keep the hunger pangs at bay and does wonders for your skin ;-) Good luck Debz and keep us posted. xx

Back