DOING SW FROM HOME???

I am also struggling!! Was doing good for about 6 weeks then had 2 weeks off plan. Returned last week and now struggling to get motivated. I have no spring in my step and if am at home with my 9 month old. I find if I'm around the house I'm just munching all day, even though it's fruit and healthy snack most of the time, I just don't feel full!!!

morning everyone -4lbs for me this week yayyy and that gets me my 2.5 stone :-D good luck to you all xx

P.S......only 5lb to go to reach my 1st goal which was to lose 3st by Christmas (while thinking I may be being a little optimistic) which I set myself on start date 14-8-14:)

Last edited:
2lbs off for me this week. Right need to keep in the zone, off to work and then will meal plan and do my shopping list tonight.

I'm looking to start slimming world. I can't afford the online plan or classes so was thinking about buying a 2013/2014 starter pack from ebay. Is £12 cheap for a brand new one that's never been used?

I'm currently on maternity leave and looking for an easy plan to follow to loose my pregnancy weight. I wanted to be back to pre baby weight before I return to work in March but I have 2 stone to loose to get there. Not sure I'll have enough time :(

Any advise for a newbie would be most welcome.

I'm looking to start slimming world. I can't afford the online plan or classes so was thinking about buying a 2013/2014 starter pack from ebay. Is £12 cheap for a brand new one that's never been used?

I'm currently on maternity leave and looking for an easy plan to follow to loose my pregnancy weight. I wanted to be back to pre baby weight before I return to work in March but I have 2 stone to loose to get there. Not sure I'll have enough time :(

Any advise for a newbie would be most welcome.

It would b cheaper to join and then never go back if u can get a free joining week

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi everyone. I hope it's OK to jump into this thread! I've been Googling a lot in recent weeks for various advice on weight loss and recipes and this site always seems to come up at or near the top in results. I've got a lot of useful information here so I thought it was time to sign up and join in :)

I went to a Slimming World group about 16/17 years ago after the birth of our second child and found it great for losing the two stone I wanted to shed. Fast forward to five years ago when I had a few personal challenges and the weight has just crept on since then, and now I find myself about six stone overweight and finally trying to do something about it. Unfortunately there is no local Slimming World group any more so on an impulse last month I signed up online and have been following the Extra Easy plan since then, along with my husband and son who had independently decided to lose a few pounds. I've lost half a stone and seem to be getting fewer headaches, and we're all enjoying the wide variety of food, so it's all good so far.

This forum has already been great for recipe ideas and I can see that there is a lot of support and advice here, so here I am. I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Last edited:
I've come back here many times now for support and to share ideas etc and here I am again Difference now is I'm 4 months pregnant so checking in to keep myself on track so that I don't pile on weight

Well I am back (again). I will likely vanish again as I just don't find time to post! I really wish I had more hours in the day.

I have been struggling to lose weight all year, only lost 1 stone since January, so I have decided to come off my pill as I believe that to be a major contributing factor in my weight gain anyway. It has been 3wks yesterday and although I lost nothing the first week I have now lost 2lb. I haven't even been following the plan so I now feel motivated to ge back on track.

However, I had a lot of vodka last night and it is my son's 14th birthday today... Birthday boy/girl always get to choose dinner... He has chosen KFC. I was trying to guide him toward going out to hungry horse as I could have got a steak and jacket potato... Nevermind I will just have to suck it up as he will feel bad if he sees me not eating his birthday dinner.

Congrats on the pregnancy carjam, good luck withnit all.

It seems like a lot of us are struggling.. Lets agree to give it a final pre-christmas push and lose a few pounds before the festivities start :)

It seems like a lot of us are struggling.. Lets agree to give it a final pre-christmas push and lose a few pounds before the festivities start :)

I like the sound of the 'pre-Christmas push'!!!! I feel like my motivation is back somehow!! Someone has flicked the magic switch again!!! Minimins helps of course :)

Congrats on your pregnancy Carjam!!! Fun times ahead!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all, these are new in aldi so I picked some up over the weekend and am wondering if anyone knows if they are syn free or not?? Tia :) image-336391425.jpg
image-2567765095.jpg

I've no idea about those yoghurts, sorry.

Last night's kfc feast was amazing! I had made an ice cream bomb cake for son's birthday cake, which was a good call actually as it was much less filling after all that chicken.

Today I have had a banana so far. I really want jacket potato for lunch but I don't think I have any decent size spuds in.

I need to continue with the search for my gcse certificates then I will investigate the spud situation.

Hi can anyone answer me a question I have brought gammon steaks from tescos. They have fat on the edge will cut it off, but there is fat running through it. Would u cut out all the fat or would u leave it in. Seb x

Hi all, these are new in aldi so I picked some up over the weekend and am wondering if anyone knows if they are syn free or not?? Tia :) View attachment 159233
View attachment 159234

I've just checked SW online syns and all I can find is:

Aldi Stores, Brooklea Light Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt (180g pot) 1.5 syns

Not sure if this is the same one but If you post the nutritional info I'll check Online calculator for ya

I need fat, carbs, kilojoules/kilocals and protein per 100g

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
I've just checked SW online syns and all I can find is: Aldi Stores, Brooklea Light Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt (180g pot) 1.5 syns Not sure if this is the same one but If you post the nutritional info I'll check Online calculator for ya I need fat, carbs, kilojoules/kilocals and protein per 100g Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Hmmm yeah I think they are different ones!
Thanks for checking anyway :)

I made SW mushy pea curry for the first time on Saturday. I wasn't sure how it would taste from looking at the list of ingredients but as it seems to be popular I gave it a go and I must say it went down really well. I'll definitely be making it again in future!

Then last night we had SW beef bourguignon with mustard mash, followed by SW choc pot, and both were great. We're all loving the different recipes and my DS who wasn't a big lover of veg is packing it away without a complaint. Win, win!

Hi can anyone answer me a question I have brought gammon steaks from tescos. They have fat on the edge will cut it off, but there is fat running through it. Would u cut out all the fat or would u leave it in. Seb x

Probably too late now but I would just cut the fat from the edge, unless it was a particularly large amount of fat running through.

Beef bourgignon sounds lovely.

I am having a green day today.
Weetabix and banana for brekkie, cheesey smash and beans for lunch and I had planned tuna mash and beans for dinner but might need to re-think that now that I have had similar for lunch.

Good luck to you all! :) I love Mini's, especially all the support, friendship and different ideas floating around. I've never come across such a brilliant group of people before, who offer so much to each other.

Like you said, redmel, let's give it a push before Christmas! :)

Kathy xx

Back