DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Everyone!
Im new to this site, but think it's amazing!
im doing sw from home, basically I have a 18month little boy and getting to group is difficult for me. It's my first week this week and so far sticking to everything and already feel so much better!
Good luck to everyone

Hi again lovely ladies and happy new year to u all! (albeit a bit late) Hope u all had a good Xmas, I havnt been online hardly at all over the past few weeks as have family visiting, started a new job and what with scoffing my face and drinking red wine, iv been super busy! Lol.
From previous years of always gaining over Xmas/New Year, I had fully prepared myself for a major gain, so am very pleased to find im still under what I thought. Dont get me wrong, my little miss fat girl that I hide away inside did certainly return for the holidays, but I know I can get it back off by getting back on track, meal planning and resisiting the leftover choccies! (eeek) Heres to 2015 :D

I just wanted to say hello and join you all if that's ok? I started SW online on Monday (wish I'd read this thread earlier, as I paid full price, booo). I've done SW before by going to groups, but aren't very keen on them and also I work irregular evenings and so struggle to get to group every week.

I've lost a lot of weight previously on SW and feel it's a really good programme for me - I cook all our meals from scratch and we try to eat together as a family so I can use SW recipes or adapt our family favourites quite easily :). I stopped smoking almost six weeks ago and the weight has really piled on since then, so I'm hoping to get a good 2-3 stone off over the next few months.

I look forward to getting to know everybody.

Hi all, I haven't been on this site for a long time and have put even more weight on since then :(
So I have booked a sun holiday for the start of August and I hate the thought of going like this!

I'm wondering if you can advise me if signing up to online is worth it? Money is very tight here so I would be only looking at the bronze package for 3 mths? Is it worth it or can I get all the info that's on it online elsewhere anyway as I won't be getting the books?

Okay im a massive newbie here! Ive done slimming world before annd did so well but ive let myself go after the last year and now need to lose most of the weight i got off before. This is it this time. I bet you here that so often. I cant afford to pay atm so ive got all my books from last year out and going it alone at home until maybe the money situation changes. I thought this thread would be a good motivating and supporting thread to do my first post in! So hi all, im amelia! X

Welcome Amelia, you're definitely in the right place :) Your books from last year will definitely help you get under way, as nothing from those books has stopped working, and the support here is priceless - lots of lovely people, support, recipes and even some challenges you can join to keep yourself motivated. Have a look in the challenges section for one that suits you, and good luck!

Hi Everyone!
Im new to this site, but think it's amazing!
im doing sw from home, basically I have a 18month little boy and getting to group is difficult for me. It's my first week this week and so far sticking to everything and already feel so much better!
Good luck to everyone

Welcome aboard, Meg. Sounds like you're off to a good start already! There are lots of recipes and ideas on here, plenty of support if you need it, and joining a challenge will help you to stay motivated and involved.

I just wanted to say hello and join you all if that's ok? I started SW online on Monday (wish I'd read this thread earlier, as I paid full price, booo). I've done SW before by going to groups, but aren't very keen on them and also I work irregular evenings and so struggle to get to group every week.

I've lost a lot of weight previously on SW and feel it's a really good programme for me - I cook all our meals from scratch and we try to eat together as a family so I can use SW recipes or adapt our family favourites quite easily :). I stopped smoking almost six weeks ago and the weight has really piled on since then, so I'm hoping to get a good 2-3 stone off over the next few months.

I look forward to getting to know everybody.

Hello and welcome! I do SW online too and the website and weekly weigh-in is helpful, but I find the support and interaction on here really keeps me going. I enjoy cooking from scratch too and the family are enjoying the variety of meals, and hubby has been losing weight too so it's all good :) Good luck on reaching your target, and maybe join one of the challenges on here to keep you motivated, too.

Hi all, I haven't been on this site for a long time and have put even more weight on since then :(
So I have booked a sun holiday for the start of August and I hate the thought of going like this!

I'm wondering if you can advise me if signing up to online is worth it? Money is very tight here so I would be only looking at the bronze package for 3 mths? Is it worth it or can I get all the info that's on it online elsewhere anyway as I won't be getting the books?

I have joined online only for the whole idea that im being minitored, but you can get everything you need on minimins. Theres even consultants that post too so its pretty up to date. If you want the new books sw have a book shop on ebay think theyre £20.
Good luck.

Hello and welcome! I do SW online too and the website and weekly weigh-in is helpful, but I find the support and interaction on here really keeps me going. I enjoy cooking from scratch too and the family are enjoying the variety of meals, and hubby has been losing weight too so it's all good :) Good luck on reaching your target, and maybe join one of the challenges on here to keep you motivated, too.

Thanks for the tip - I've joined the January weight loss challenge - hoping to lose 12lbs by the end of January - should get me off to a good start!

My first weigh in of the new year......... -1lb, well at least its in the right direction. Good Luck everyone xx

Hi everyone :)
Good to see loads of newbies joining up! Personally, between the books and Minimins support I don't need the classes. Which is fortunate because I can't afford them or make time for them anyway!
I really must have eaten a tonne of bad food over the past month because I went from 9st 7lbs to 10st 3lbs. It's also really hard going from all that bad (but delicious!) food to healthy eating, but I've just been trying hard to keep it mostly free/superfree and have carbs if I need to, but only wholemeal i.e. pasta, noodles, bread.. It's going well so far, and cooking bulky meals like lasagne, soups and stir fries seems to be keeping me on track for the moment anyway! :) I was going to try and dive into an SE week but I just don't have the strength yet!
Bring on the Summer when we can hit the salads again!

Hope you all do brilliantly on your journeys!

Hi everyone, well my first week at home was good and I lost 6lbs. I am delighted with that. I have my soup made tonight so organised for tomorrow. I will spend some time cooking at the weekend to stock up the freezer for the week ahead.

I am just taking it week by week and trying not to put myself under too much pressure, I know it will take a lot of hard work and commitment to reach me goal. So will chip away at it week by week. I joined the January challenge to give me a mini goal which I can try and achieve.

Anybody else find when they go shopping and you look at all the lovely clothes you cant fit into although a bit depressing its a motivator to keep going. I've bought myself one of those sealed metal money boxes and am trying to put a few euro into it so when I reach my goal I will open it up and go on shopping spree!

Hi to everyone - joined this site yesterday, so new to posting. Found so much to read on here thought I should join rather than just lurking :)
Joined a club 2 yrs ago and got to target, the weight has started creeping back on so want to nip it in the bud but didn't want to pay to rejoin so trying to do it myself at home with my old books - finding so much info on here i don't think I'll miss going, 5 days in and going ok so far.

Wow this is such a busy post i dont get time to read what everyone is posting. i will try to sit down to read though over the weekend.

on a plus note i have lost 2lb this week, I'm very happy with that. now to continue on this journey i have set my self a big target of 1 year to reach my gole weight, with lost of little targets inbetween and one of them is 2lb a week. every 1/2 stone i will treat as a gole and reward myself.

Well struggled this week so am going to start a fresh tomorrow and weigh in no chocolates in house so should all gd

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Two days until weigh-in and I find I'm really looking forward to seeing what progress I've made; I feel like I've been almost angelic in the choices I've made. In fact, I'm wondering if I might be being a little bit too strict with the syns and ought to ease off a little. Do people find it's best to try and eat the syns, or is it okay to stick to around 6 or 7? I've been eating a Curly Wurly as slowly as possible for 6 syns, and used 1 syn to turn my HexA into bedtime cocoa - should I be a bit more free and easy?

(I realise that one day I'm going to be dreading the weigh-in rather than looking forward to it... I'll savour the moment while I can!)

1lb off for me on EE this week.
4.5lbs to target.....slowly but surely!! X

Well done everyone. Ive managed a 3.5lb on my first proper week since July. Im well pleased. X

Two days until weigh-in and I find I'm really looking forward to seeing what progress I've made; I feel like I've been almost angelic in the choices I've made. In fact, I'm wondering if I might be being a little bit too strict with the syns and ought to ease off a little. Do people find it's best to try and eat the syns, or is it okay to stick to around 6 or 7? I've been eating a Curly Wurly as slowly as possible for 6 syns, and used 1 syn to turn my HexA into bedtime cocoa - should I be a bit more free and easy?

(I realise that one day I'm going to be dreading the weigh-in rather than looking forward to it... I'll savour the moment while I can!)

There's a sticky thread that I read last night - think it's called something like - 'How SW works - advice for newbies', which explains really well why you should eat your syns.

Good luck with your weigh in! I'm looking forward to my first weigh in on Monday (I think!)

There's a sticky thread that I read last night - think it's called something like - 'How SW works - advice for newbies', which explains really well why you should eat your syns.

Good luck with your weigh in! I'm looking forward to my first weigh in on Monday (I think!)

Thank you - I'll have a look. Fingers crossed for Monday!

Hello,

I've set up a diary on my virtual trip to London for my quest into these skinny jeans. I'm pretty unfit and currently 14st4.5 and would love anyone who can stop by my diary and offer any encouragement it's called my virtual trip into skinny jeans. My first stop is London and I have only an exercise rower to get me there

It's in slimming world food diaries section. I'd be happy for any support. Thank you x

Back