DOING SW FROM HOME???

Weighed in a day early and had a 2lb loss so very pleased. That's me on to a gd start for my 1lb a week loss average.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's great Bma . X well done :))

Will do, thanks. It's just horrible when you're trying so hard and are not getting any reward for it :( x

Hope you do manage to stick with it, Tink. I know what you mean though. It's really hard when you know you've made every effort and stuck to things religiously. So annoying! Grr! Better luck next week, anyway. :)

Kathy xx

Hi all, I've just joined the forum today! Back in 2006, I lost 6 1/2 stone doing slimming world. Whilst most people feel great after losing a lot of weight, I started to have lots of health issues, the worst being 3 prolapsed discs in my back, for which I had surgery in 2012. Sadly the surgery wasn't successful and I'm now left in horrific daily pain and am not able to work. On top of that, because my mobility has been compromised, I've now put all the weight back on and it's making me so depressed.

So I've decided to tackle slimming world from home (I don't have the confidence to go to a group yet!), and I'm hoping to gather support from this forum. Nobody can make a change for me, so hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here on in :)

Welcome, Elaine. You've definitely come to the right place for support, ideas and friendship. I just love Minis and wish I'd come across it ages before I actually did. Sounds like you've had an awful time so let's hope things start looking up for you now.

Good luck.

Kathy x

Hi Elaine... Sorry your health has not been great :( I'm fairly new here too and go it alone at home too :)

Hi Elaine... Sorry your health has not been great :( I'm fairly new here too and go it alone at home too :)

Thanks Chocko and Gemsta. Tomorrow will be the start of my 3rd week and I finally feel in the right frame of mind to tackle it. I've dug out all my old recipes and am checking syn values online and planning meals ahead of time, so I always know what I'm going to eat. I've done it before and can do it again!

Thanks for the support and encouragement! I think I'm going to like it here! :)

Thank sewingbee and well done to u too. Tink keep with it your body will catch up soon believe me.
I had a very poor weekend but will b back on it without a doubt tomorrow

Hi Elaine welcome to minis, you've made the first step to a more healthier life and I believe you can do it with the right support. You did very well in the past so u have the knowledge. Good luck and let's hope that your pain becomes easier to deal with too. Xx

Thank sewingbee and well done to u too. Tink keep with it your body will catch up soon believe me.
I had a very poor weekend but will b back on it without a doubt tomorrow, I do believe however that not exercising this weekend has made a difference to the way I've eaten too.

Hi guys just joined the group! I'm doing it at home this time due to shift patterns I cannot commit to SW groups. I went a few years ago and lost 3 stone now doing from home as job changed. I have lost 9 pound in two weeks!! Let's here it for home SW people!!!

Well done missymoo! That's a great start! I've decided to weigh monthly so hopefully a good loss once a month will spur me on! Today is the start of my 3rd week and I'm doing really well on the plan so far. I've just made a huge pot of SW Mexican soup, so that is an instant, filling meal when I need it for the next few days.

Wow Missymoo that's a great loss,well done...Elaine monthly weigh-ins are a great idea,especially for my husband as he works mixed shift hrs and hard to get an accurate weight...ive a pot of soup on too,its so cold what could be nicer ...

Hi guys!

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Thanks to whoever posted the pros and cons! I really really needed to read that today!

Feeling very grumpy and overall down but I'm going to make a massive effort!

You are welcome ;-) xx

Back