DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done ohhowiwish 5lbs is a great loss! I could do with one of those kinda weeks! I think the only time iv ever lost more than 4 was my first ever week, my losses are generally very small, still slowly but surely, im just thankful its at least coming off :) My weigh in 2mw, fingers crossed, im still trying to lose my Xmas gain! Eek!

Thanks niccinoo and good luck for tomorrow, as long as we are going in the right direction, a loss is a loss and we are in control now so lets stick with it xx

I just wanted to say hello and join you all if that's ok? I started SW online on Monday (wish I'd read this thread if arlier, as I paid full price, booo). I've done SW before by going to groups, but aren't very keen on them and also I work irregular evenings and so struggle to get to group every week.

I've lost a lot of weight previously on SW and feel it's a really good programme for me - I cook all our meals from scratch and we try to eat together as a family so I can use SW recipes or adapt our family favourites quite easily :). I stopped smoking almost six weeks ago and the weight has really piled on since then, so I'm hoping to get a good 2-3 stone off over the next few months.

I look forward to getting to know everybody.

Hiya and welcome. I am new here too. Not much of a social networker but loved the look of site. Need the motivation! Trying to do some form of exercise to help. Och you can tell Iits January. Lol:)

Welcome, Fiona. Must admit, this site is brilliant so hope you enjoy it too. :) Well done to all of you with such amazing weight losses! Wow!

Kathy x

Thanks chocko1. I love your picture. Had a cheeky wee glass ( 4 syns of course :innocent0002: ) last night. First since the new year. Need more posts so i can add a picture. Which is also of me with a glass of wine in hand. So cheers everyone to happiness and success in 2015.

Hi Fiona! I'm relatively new too (still working on my 50 posts so I can update my profile too!). I'm still quite lost on the site though...there are too many sections to get my head around!!!

Hi all well done to all the losers lol :D ;) I've sts this week but after the horrendous week I've had I am very pleased just hope n pray it don't catch up with me next week. Welcome newbies good luck and hope u enjoy all the fresh healthy foods xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done for all the great losses! A week to go for me until my monthly weigh in, but have to say I'm feeling tons better already!

I've just ordered a slow cooker and hand blender and am looking forward to trying lots of new recipes especially the diet coke chicken and the syn free houmous!

Get well soon Deb x

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon Deb...that must have been horrendous!

Hey guys,

I joined slimming world group at the beginning of the month. I have lost 8 stone myself since Feb 2013 and have 10lb left to go to my target of 8 stone 10lb.

I don't really find group that helpful as my losses are small and I don't have as much to lose as everybody else. I feel that it's putting a lot of pressure on me and making me feel a bit useless when everybody else is losing 3-4lb a week and me only 1! Nobody knows I've lost weight previously either so god knows what they think I'm doing wrong haha.

I'm considering giving it a go alone from home but just wondered what you guys think? I want to develop a healthy relationship with food and not be afraid to eat anything (I sometimes fear Syns) and weekly weigh ins just add to the pressure...but does this mean I'll go off track and not lose weight I wonder?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks xx

Speedy recovery Deb...Ive been really good all wk but had a night out last night,so be happy to stay the same this wk...going to drink loads of water this wkend....

Hey guys,

I joined slimming world group at the beginning of the month. I have lost 8 stone myself since Feb 2013 and have 10lb left to go to my target of 8 stone 10lb.

I don't really find group that helpful as my losses are small and I don't have as much to lose as everybody else. I feel that it's putting a lot of pressure on me and making me feel a bit useless when everybody else is losing 3-4lb a week and me only 1! Nobody knows I've lost weight previously either so god knows what they think I'm doing wrong haha.

I'm considering giving it a go alone from home but just wondered what you guys think? I want to develop a healthy relationship with food and not be afraid to eat anything (I sometimes fear Syns) and weekly weigh ins just add to the pressure...but does this mean I'll go off track and not lose weight I wonder?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks xx

I've also not got much to loose...just under a stone now and that's why I've decided to do it from home, CIA when o say I'm doing slimming world, people are like 'what do you need to do that for, you're fine!'. They don't get it. For me, I'm seeing it as a life style change, a healthier way of living and hopefully a way to slowly but surely loose the last of my baby weight and keep it off!

Why not give it a go from home, using the support on here and see how you get on? I suffer from syn guilt...every time I go over 10 I feel like I've failed and I worry I won't loose, as I've not got so much to loose I feel like I should be stricter with syns??

Hi. Have been doing sw from home for 3 weeks (this time) and have lost 3lb, 1lb and 3lb. I have 5lb to first target (11st) then willl change target (10st 7lb). I got down to 10st 7lb last year but struggle to maintain.

I've also not got much to loose...just under a stone now and that's why I've decided to do it from home, CIA when o say I'm doing slimming world, people are like 'what do you need to do that for, you're fine!'. They don't get it. For me, I'm seeing it as a life style change, a healthier way of living and hopefully a way to slowly but surely loose the last of my baby weight and keep it off!

Why not give it a go from home, using the support on here and see how you get on? I suffer from syn guilt...every time I go over 10 I feel like I've failed and I worry I won't loose, as I've not got so much to loose I feel like I should be stricter with syns??

This is the exact same with me! I have people at work acting as if I am crazy because I say I have started slimming world and they make me feel a bit silly tbh which annoys me, one lady in particular who is a larger lady always comments on the way I eat and calls me "weird" for not having butter on my veggies lol.

It definitely harder the closer to target isn't it, and with the small losses each week it can cost quite a bit having to pay £5 at group every week. x

That's why I've not really told many people...I'm on maternity leave at the mo so it's easy enough to just eat what I need to to stay on plan! Might be harder once I'm back to work as I get lunch provided, which I can have a fair amount of control over, bit my options will be limited!

Hi. Have been doing sw from home for 3 weeks (this time) and have lost 3lb, 1lb and 3lb. I have 5lb to first target (11st) then willl change target (10st 7lb). I got down to 10st 7lb last year but struggle to maintain.

Hi Sara, sounds like you're doing really well! Quite a few people in a similar position to me look like they've had a smaller loss in week 2 - I sts! Hoping I get a loss this week otherwise I'm concerned I'll feel disheartened!

Hi Sara, sounds like you're doing really well! Quite a few people in a similar position to me look like they've had a smaller loss in week 2 - I sts! Hoping I get a loss this week otherwise I'm concerned I'll feel disheartened!

I have the same problem if i don't get a loss i start to wonder why i bother. We need to remember that at least a sts is not a gain!

I have the same problem if i don't get a loss i start to wonder why i bother. We need to remember that at least a sts is not a gain!

Yes exactly! And I keep telling myself even of I don't loose, I'm having a more healthy diet, that is good for me!

Back