DOING SW FROM HOME???

It's great you're all enjoying the meals! I've only had one complaint about the meals- I did a mixed bean chilli with rice, which was yummy but...my husband's favourite meal is chilli nachos with cheese, so he was a bit miffed when I gave him rice!!! Think next time I'll have rice and give him the nachos!

I'm intrigued about your syn free snacks you've made...what are they? X

That's amazing...well done! I ordered some new weighing scales, which had arrived this morning. WI isn't til Thursday, but I'm toying with the idea of a mid week weigh! Only trouble is if I've sts or gained, I'd be worried it would influence the rest of my week badly!
Thank you :) New scales are difficult, mine always read around 1lb difference to the SW class ones, hope they work out ok

Hi Cennie and welcome to Mini's. Hope everything goes well for you. I'm sure you'll pick up lots of great ideas from this site and have a bit of a laugh whilst doing so! :)

Kathy x

Hi!

I'm new to the forum (again).

I had originally joined last year when I started SW but lost motivation.

I don't go to classes as I don't like how the consultant goes around everyone and talks about your week etc. I also grudge paying £5 to stand on a set of scales that I can do myself at home for free!

I find this forum very motivational and I love reading through (and stealing) recipes!

Hi dinks, I thought it was just me who feels uncomfortable in group when the consultant goes round asking everyone how their week has been etc? The worst bit, as far as I'm concerned, is when they ask you to say how much you think you'll lose the following week. How are you supposed to know that? Do we have a crystal ball? Obviously we'd all like a loss but how much is anybody's guess!
I agree though, this forum is great and is inspiration on everything from success stories to recipes.

It's also so nice to have a supportive, friendly forum! I've not seen one nasty or judgemental comment on here, whereas lots of forums (not necessarily weight loss ones) can be quite b!tchy!

Jellybean33 you are right everybody is very nice and supportive. I suppose we are all in the same boat trying to stay on the SW road. Some are on the motorway others on the scenic route. Gentle encouragement helps a lot.

So oh has been told he has high cholesterol and needs to change the way he eats. Will need to plan meals even more now.

I'm glad I just do it myself! ..Ok I pay (Well other half does for me..lol.. He brought me 3 months back when I began for my birthday and he says he will pay for it as long as I need it! Bless him!) for online subscription mainly so I can plot my progress and syns online etc. I don't think I'd like that...talk about added pressure..lol...

It's also so nice to have a supportive, friendly forum! I've not seen one nasty or judgmental comment on here, whereas lots of forums (not necessarily weight loss ones) can be quite b!tchy!

I agree.... some of the comments and things I see posted and written on some FB groups are quite cutting!

Hiya Jellybean - I make lots of syn free quiche, both the pasta and normal varieties. I also had a go at the syn free houmous and garlic dips, which were delicious! The things that keep mysteriously disappearing from my fridge though are the quorn sausage rolls. I used to make these regularly when I did the plan years ago.

Using 2 slices of bread from your healthy extra allowance. Trim off the crusts and roll them out quit thin with a rolling pin. Brown some quorn sausages in a frying pan with some fry light. Spread an extra light laughing cow triangle onto each slice of bread and then a thin layer of tomato puree on top. Take one quorn sausage and roll it up in the bread like a sausage roll. Seal the end with beaten egg, then brush all over with the beaten egg also. Bake in the oven at 170° for about 12-15 minutes. Cut up into bite size pieces and keep in the fridge.

I am not a lover of quorn sausage, but using them this way, they are scrumptious!

A big welcome to Dinks! You will love this forum. Everyone I've 'met' so far has been so welcoming and lovely. Good luck with your journey :)

Think I'll have to give the sausage rolls a go! Also been wanting to make some mini quiches!

Hi all
joined SW 3 weeks ago online and havent told anyone that im doing it. Im 6ft and weighed in at 14 stone 2lbs and was getting really fed up with the 'oh but youre tall , so u can carry it off' comments I was getting...I felt dreadful, so bloated , everything I wore looked dreadful , and was constantly comparing myself to other slim people...sad I know and consider myself a strong woman at 42 and never cared what people thought of me , but something inside me just snapped so read up on SW and joined !
Ive lost 5lbs in total so far, but more than that I already feel like a different woman !! My double chin has gone down, my tummy feels flatter, my skin and hair look better, and the old me is coming back.

Im taking each day as it comes, and in no rush , but thankyou to all that posts on this fab forum.

Hi all
joined SW 3 weeks ago online and havent told anyone that im doing it. Im 6ft and weighed in at 14 stone 2lbs and was getting really fed up with the 'oh but youre tall , so u can carry it off' comments I was getting...I felt dreadful, so bloated , everything I wore looked dreadful , and was constantly comparing myself to other slim people...sad I know and consider myself a strong woman at 42 and never cared what people thought of me , but something inside me just snapped so read up on SW and joined !
Ive lost 5lbs in total so far, but more than that I already feel like a different woman !! My double chin has gone down, my tummy feels flatter, my skin and hair look better, and the old me is coming back.

Im taking each day as it comes, and in no rush , but thankyou to all that posts on this fab forum.

Welcome! I'm in my third week now! Well done on your loss so far, and glad to hear you're feeling better already!

I've not really told anyone I'm doing it either! I only have a stone to shift, and some people (who don't know anything about sw) assume that it's something people just do if they have many stones to loose!

I started yesterday online eek!!!! Found this forum and was reading through this thread, you guys have really inspired me so fingers crossed I can stick to it. The groups just don't work round family life and work, also as a lot of people have mentioned, I don't really find them that supportive tbh.

So big hello from me :sign0144:

Back