DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done Cennie. I just love looking at my BMI going down, it really boosts my mood. I done SW group 4 years ago and the first week is always awesome and then the weigh loss levels out but slow and consistent is way better than a crash diet. Though in the age of technology when everything is faster you do wonder if their is a secret to dropping the lbs quickly - oh yeah photoshop :p

Wow, I never noticed the BMI drop- even 1lb makes all the difference! Thanks for reminding me about that :)
Thanks nephilim! I love that- it is a win isn't it?
Thanks to you both for cheering me up :)

I agree with the others, 1lb is nothing to be sniffed at! I aim for 1lb a week, then anything more is a bonus. From reading on here, I've also noticed week 2 is never a great week for losing the lb...I stayed the same in week 2, but this last week, I lost 5lb!

Plus I think the slower it comes off, the easier it is to sustain!

I am aiming personally at 2.5-3lbs a week. But its petering out a bit now towards the 2.5lb mark. I am happy with this. Considering I now have a bit of spring in my step and can jog upstairs a little bit at work, I am happy! :)

I'd like to just say a personal thank-you to you, aftermath and anybody else, who gives blood. I had a brain haemorrhage several years ago and had to receive quite a few blood transfusions and, without you guys, I probably wouldn't be on Mini's now! Thank-you so much. Only sorry the lost lb has to reappear!! :D

Kathy xx

Hi Kathy

Thank you for your kind words. My granny passed away on Christmas Day from blood cancer so its something really important to me. It would be great if more people gave blood (honestly doesn't hurt). At the end I stuck to SW plan and asked for water instead of the usual diluted orange juice and even stayed away from the biccies, though I did have a cheeky Chinese tonight but had saved my Syns today to allow for a Chicken in Black Bean.

Glad you got better :)

Cheers

Sarah

Thanks, Sarah. Sorry to hear the sad news about your Granny and not surprised giving blood is so important to you! Sadly, because of having blood transfusions, I can no longer give blood but, I agree with you, it really doesn't hurt but does so much good.

Can't believe how disciplined you were after giving the blood! Hope you enjoyed your Chinese, especially as you'd carefully planned for it! :D Hopefully, you'll have a good weight loss now at your next weigh in!

Kathy x

I'm not allowed to give blood either :'-( Last time I did, I had a minor fit after passing out. They won't let me do it anymore. But such a good cause! Plus since having children I have antibodies e and c in my blood, so dunno that I'd be allowed any more anyway?? Never thought about that actually.

Lost 1lb. Happy it wasn't a gain as been bit off plan last few days. Back to it now plus having to readjust meal plan to take into account OH having high cholesterol so wonder if that will have any affect on my weight loss.

Well done Sara! 1lb is good, especially if you've gone off plan :)

What kinds of foods does your OH have to eat for his cholesterol?

I've been trying to cut down my shopping costs when ordering my food this weekend...last month we spent £700 in supermarkets (although some of that would've been petrol)!!!!!!! I downloaded the mysupermarket app to compare my shopping trolley price across stores and sainsburys (who I usually go with) still worked out the cheapest out of those that deliver. If I went somewhere like aldi, i reckon I could save quite a bit, but we usually get our food delivered cos it's hard to find the time to go into the shop with two littluns at home!

Where do you guys shop?

I know what you mean, niccinoo but, I suppose, as jellybean says, at least we're eating more healthily, which can only be good. Do feel for you though. I'm the same - feel gutted when you sts or even gain, when you know you've absolutely stuck to plan. Good luck for your next weigh in and fingers crossed!

Kathy

Try not to let it bring you down it could b water retention or the fact u may not have drunk enough, stick with it and I am sure u will get a gd loss next weigh in

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app[/QUTE]

Thanks ladies! Can always count on u guys for a few words of support! I try not to get too down when a gain happens for no reason (as it has before) as I know sometimes thats just the way things go, but kind words definitely help. Anyway the good news is I lost 3lbs this week, so lost the gain plus another 1 :D yaaaay!

Also just wanted to say welcome to all the newbies, whether u have lots to lose, or just want to be eating more healthier, im sure ul find SW fab and easy to follow once u get into it.
For people not going to the official meetings, this forum is just amazing for support, advice and discussions. Was so lovely reading all the great things people say about this group and I think we should all be proud of ourselves for being part of it and helping each other! Who needs to pay when us 'mimimins do at homers' have all the support we need right here at the touch of a button!!

Last edited:
Well done Sara! 1lb is good, especially if you've gone off plan :) What kinds of foods does your OH have to eat for his cholesterol? I've been trying to cut down my shopping costs when ordering my food this weekend...last month we spent £700 in supermarkets (although some of that would've been petrol)!!!!!!! I downloaded the mysupermarket app to compare my shopping trolley price across stores and sainsburys (who I usually go with) still worked out the cheapest out of those that deliver. If I went somewhere like aldi, i reckon I could save quite a bit, but we usually get our food delivered cos it's hard to find the time to go into the shop with two littluns at home! Where do you guys shop?

Still trying to get head around the low cholesterol stuff. Main meals aren't so much of a problem although bacon, sausages and red meat are supposed to be off limits which means chilli, spag bol etc are being swapped to quorn mince and chicken and fish are being increased. Problem is the main meal is the only thing we eat the same as the rest of the time i stick to slimming world but he eats whatever he likes and now he doesn't know what to eat. Have swapped his favourite crisps to baked crisps and found out he can have unsalted nuts.

I seem to be in supermarket every other day at mo as neither child eats the same and we eat separate dinners to them as OH doesn't get in till gone 7. Need to seriously do a meal plan.

We shop around..when the other half gets in from work on a Friday dinner time we go shopping. Most of the time it's Aldi...occasionally odd bits from the market, Waitrose or Morrisons and yesterday I popped in to Poundland that's next to Aldi and got a few things...few bags of 4 pack of Snack-a-Jacks...tub of Smash..Heinz Beans and Spaghetti Hoops multi-packs. Since I've started SW and do our weekly shop at Aldi we've cut our food bill roughly in half, from around £80-£90 a week to £40-£50!

Back