DOING SW FROM HOME???

We shop around..when the other half gets in from work on a Friday dinner time we go shopping. Most of the time it's Aldi...occasionally odd bits from the market, Waitrose or Morrisons and yesterday I popped in to Poundland that's next to Aldi and got a few things...few bags of 4 pack of Snack-a-Jacks...tub of Smash..Heinz Beans and Spaghetti Hoops multi-packs. Since I've started SW and do our weekly shop at Aldi we've cut our food bill roughly in half, from around £80-£90 a week to £40-£50!

Wow, that's amazing! I struggle to keep ours below £100 a week, but then we do have formula and 2 lots of nappies to buy, which doesn't help!

I wish I could find the time to shop around a bit more!

We have no kiddiwinks..lol.. but I hear fairly good things about the nappies from friends who use them and I've noticed the some big name formula brands..and the other thing we noticed...we're in and out in about 20 minutes, 1/3 of the time we used to spend in Tesco or Morrisons..lol..

Lost 1lb. Happy it wasn't a gain as been bit off plan last few days. Back to it now plus having to readjust meal plan to take into account OH having high cholesterol so wonder if that will have any affect on my weight loss.

Sara
Ive been in panic mode since yesterday when oh was told his cholestrol sooo high he is bordering on a heart attack. Ive been researching all night. My prob is im allergic to fish so he'll need to do that bit himself. Same as you our main meal is whats the same the other foods were what he fancied which is very saturated! Hes only blimming 11st9 and eats all things and never gets fat. However the fat is obviously lining his arteries instead.
Ive now hidden all sweets chocs biscuits. His diet sheet was happy with lean red meats so thinking steak and mincing it myself. He detests quorn, ive ordered turkey mince to see if its any better. Its blimming hard!

Sara Ive been in panic mode since yesterday when oh was told his cholestrol sooo high he is bordering on a heart attack. Ive been researching all night. My prob is im allergic to fish so he'll need to do that bit himself. Same as you our main meal is whats the same the other foods were what he fancied which is very saturated! Hes only blimming 11st9 and eats all things and never gets fat. However the fat is obviously lining his arteries instead. Ive now hidden all sweets chocs biscuits. His diet sheet was happy with lean red meats so thinking steak and mincing it myself. He detests quorn, ive ordered turkey mince to see if its any better. Its blimming hard!

Was quite annoyed when he said "at least this will help you eat more healthy"!!!!!!! As if i hadn't been doing slimming world for 4 weeks and lost 8lb and been trying so very hard to be ultra good.

Apparently doc told him no red meat but he's hopeless at listening so if lean red meat was allowed that would be really helpful.

Cheeky! Mine turned around and said "ur always dieting this should be easy!" :what:

Cheeky! Mine turned around and said "ur always dieting this should be easy!" :what:

I also keep getting asked what he should eat....read all the stuff i printed off and highlighted then. Starting to feel really responsible for everything he eats....he's 45 and needs to take some responsibility for his own heart health ?.

The porridge pancakes hexb or 6syns or i just do sweet pancakes with egg, milk, cinnamon and sweetener. Nice with fruit and yoghurt.

I made nice pancakes the other day for the first time. They were free too!!!

Recipe:
1 egg
3 tsp sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Separate the egg white and yolk.
2. Whisk the egg white and sweetener until it forms soft peaks.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the yolk with the vanilla extract. Then fold this into the egg white mixture.
4. Fry light a frying pan, then pour the 'batter' onto the pan (if needed, spread the mixture out using the back of a,spoon).
5. When the first side is cooked, flip VERY gently to cook the other side. These pancakes are way more delicate than normal ones, so resist the temptation to poke, prod and over flip!!!

Enjoy :)

And here they are (fancied them this morning!)...

They'd probably look a bit more impressive with lovely fresh summer berries and yogurt, but it's Sunday, shopping day tomorrow, so banana and cinnamon for me.

Attachments

• 1422779198702.jpg
    1422779198702.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 92

Lol at oh comments. Mine has had a reality check since I started doing slimming world and said that it isn't as easy as he thought it was and has also realized how easy it is to gain it back x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

And here they are (fancied them this morning!)...

They'd probably look a bit more impressive with lovely fresh summer berries and yogurt, but it's Sunday, shopping day tomorrow, so banana and cinnamon for me.

Cor, Jellybean! That looks seriously tasty! Think I need to pick up some vanilla extract pronto :)

Hi I started doing slimming world from home last week because I didn't really like the consultants in my area and it's awkward with my working hours. Looking forward to getting rid of this weight and am trying to do it by June because me and my partner have just booked our first holiday and I want to wear a bikini.

Welcome kimbec! This us a really nice, supportive group, so hope we can help you on your 'weight loss journey' (haha, maybe I should be a consultant!

Back