DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hiya guys sorry not been posting struggling to stick to it at no sorry not been supportive.

I would b glad for some advice and support. Can only afford a 50 a week shop for a family of 5 with nappies dog food and milk allergies for 2 of the kids.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Chin up BMA! You have got this... getting through the 'lack of love' as I call it days are part and parcel of the journey. By that I mean when you think 'Sod it!.. I can't be arsed today!' or when you buy something to aim for clothes wise and you think never am I gonna get in that!...lol.. What was I thinking! I'm too fat!' And sulk off to find comfort on the kitchen cupboards! :)
Maybe some others with kids (I'm not blessed that way..lol..) in a similar situ could share tips with you too? Maybe start and new thread and ask?

Have you tried to Google shopping on a budget...there are some great pages/blogs around , such as netmums, where you can get some low cost ideas for shopping on a budget.
There are some really easy things to do too, like plan a weeks menus in advance, when you get to the store see whats on offer (Like Aldi with the Super 6 Fruit/Veg) Have you got a market near you? Make the effort and go... you will be amazed at what you can get for your money in fruit and veg terms..the other week we went and got a white cabbage bigger than a football...chopped up we got 10 decent freezer bag fulls out of it for 50p! Punnets of Strawberries for 70p!...In fact my Fruit and Veg the other week when I went cost me about £10!!! I got 2 bags of onions, 6lb of potatoes, 2 punnets of strawberries, white cabbage, bag of spring greens, bag of apples, big hand of bananas, bag of jacket potatoes and a few other things I can't remember the rest now)
Check the reduced area (especially if you can go about an hour before they shut) for meat and veg, stuff can be prepped and frozen for a fraction of the price.
Don't buy expensive diet pop... buy double strength no added sugar squash and and top up with cheap diet lemonade for some fizz.
There's no reason that eating healthy should cost the earth... eating/cooking from fresh has seen our shopping bill drop around half...just by not buying the processed and junk foods!

With a bit of careful planning and research you can achieve it there are loads of blogs out there that prove it. You got this BMA! We're all here to support you remember!

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but not new to Slimming World (or many other diets, to be quite honest!). I've lost quite a bit of weight in the past, partly with SW and partly with WW (4.5st in total back then), and I'm fighting a stubborn half a stone that doesn't want to shift. About a year ago I gained a stone, and it's pretty easy to get rid of the first half stone but the second really likes me and doesn't want to leave!

3 weeks ago I had an op on my foot and I still have 3 more weeks of recovery, so exercise is limited and I'm at home all the time and can't drive. I decided to try SW again at home, so started this week and am trying to do mostly red days as my body responds best to lower carbs and I get a bit carried away on EE!

Have been trawling the recipes on these forums and my books and have a nice plan for the next few days - food shop is being delivered this evening - so have high hopes for a loss this week! Look forward to getting to know you guys and stealing your lovely recipe ideas wherever possible! :)

Hannah x

Welcome Hannah :)

Well done on your losses to present and good luck with your target. I kinda know how that feels..lol.. Feels like I've been stuck at around 2 1/2 stone forever! lol

Doing Red days you must try the SW Kebab! It's amazing! :) Hope your foots better soon too!

Welcome Hannah!

Week 4 for me this week and had a 2lb weight loss this week. Saw a 10 on the scales for the first time in a long time...was 10st 13.8lb, so pretty much 11st, but still nice to see!

Thanks ladies!

Will track down that SW kebab - I've already promised my bf I'll be making the KFC chicken!

The recipe is on my diary thread to save you hunting :) I want to make the SW KFC too, but am undecided on weather to try the breadcrumb coating or smash one..lol.. decisions decisions!

We had the smash KFC this week, and I'd definitely recommend it! I didn't wanna use wheetabix cos I thought it'd be dry and liked the idea of a fine coating that the smash gave!

I too am attempting SW from home on a budget. Admittedly it's not going too well haha. For the most part I think I'm doing okay... If anyone has any (preferably) chocolately or sickeningly-sweet dessert ideas they could share, that would be very much appreciated :) I'm really craving cupcakes with lots of buttercream! :(

One of my favourite desserts is quark, with choc options 2 syns, frozen cherries (just defrosting but not soft yet) and a crumbled alpen light 1/2 hexb.
Voila! Black forest gateau and a good imagination.
1423165672708.jpg

Do you have any markets near you. When im budgetting i spend £10 a week on fruit and veg down the market and get loads. Must admit its more difficult in the winter.

One of my favourite desserts is quark, with choc options 2 syns, frozen cherries (just defrosting but not soft yet) and a crumbled alpen light 1/2 hexb.
Voila! Black forest gateau and a good imagination.
View attachment 165689

Ooh ooh! I have all the ingredaints for that! Gonna make that now!!...lol..

I too am attempting SW from home on a budget. Admittedly it's not going too well haha. For the most part I think I'm doing okay... If anyone has any (preferably) chocolately or sickeningly-sweet dessert ideas they could share, that would be very much appreciated :) I'm really craving cupcakes with lots of buttercream! :(

I did these once for when friends came round... and they were quite nice!
Makes 4 and 5 syns on EE

Baileys Chocolate Mousse

50g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
3 eggs, separated
4 tbsp sweetener
2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
200g fat-free natural fromage frais, plus extra to serve
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 Dr Oetker Giant Chocolate Stars

Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (or in the microwave on a low heat for 30 seconds.) Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
Whisk the egg yolks, 2 tbsp sweetener and the Baileys Irish Cream in a large bowl until smooth. Pour in the melted dark chocolate and whisk to combine well.
In a large, clean glass bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they stand up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted, then fold into the chocolate mixture using a metal spoon.
Put the fromage frais, remaining sweetener and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the base of 4 dessert glasses, then top with the chocolate.
Cover and freeze for 2 hours, or until just set. To serve, top each mousse with a dollop of fromage frais and a chocolate star.

Hi Jellybeans9...like the user name ;-)

I have tried the quark cheesecake - alpen light chocolate and fudge as hex b, melt in microwave for 10-20 seconds. Use the back of a spoon to push the mixture down. Mix a sachet of options white hot choc with a half a tub of quark and pour on top of the alpen base. Leave to set in the fridge for an hour then eat.

I usually just have an options hot chocolate for 2 syns and often have a KitKat (5.5 syns) or Freddo bar with it (5 syns). That's usually enough to curb my sweet /chocolate cravings.

I like quorn, but my hubby won't eat it :-(

I like quorn, but my hubby won't eat it :-(

Just found out hubby got high cholesterol which is only reason he was willing to give it a go. To be fair i couldn't tell much difference from mince. Not sure it would work so well as cottage pie. If we can make even one meal a week meat free it would help both of us.

Just found out hubby got high cholesterol which is only reason he was willing to give it a go. To be fair i couldn't tell much difference from mince. Not sure it would work so well as cottage pie. If we can make even one meal a week meat free it would help both of us.

I used to use the chicken style pieces in stir fries, that worked well!

Managed to lose a lb ths week. Didn't exactly stick to plan all week so am happy. Making burgers tonight so trying to save my b so can have it on a wholemeal roll. Need a breakfast without a b this morning.

I've weighed in this morning not happy but gonna try my best. Thx for advice but I struggle to get to aldi but I am going to have a look today when my husband has finished work. I sampled some quorn on Thursday done in a stir fry with soy sauce and really loved it. Can I snack on it freely?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think so?!

Sara I nearly always have breakfast without my hex b cos I find it easier to stay away from the snacks that way! I have fruit and yogurt most days, but today I made sw pancakes. You can also have a 'fry up'...eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes. Or eggs of any sort.

Back