DOING SW FROM HOME???

I made the SW Pancakes last night and they were surprisingly nice! Will defo be doing them again!

Yeah, I quite like them. Just find them a bit of a faff to make!

Yeah it is a bit, the separating and whisking, but worth it to save the HexB for something else :) Plus I found it a bit difficult to get a big one out of it. It broke up when I tried to flip it so o/h ate that one...lol.. I made mine in smaller ones...like scotch pancakes so I could turn them over easier. Lovely with fresh strawberries and banana :)

I find cooking them on a low heat, slowly helps them to be easier to flip. And yes, I'm with you on saving your hex b... I find if I use my for breakfast, it's harder to stay on track! I had strawberries and banana on mine this morning :)

Good afternoon! I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems opening their SW online diaries, I keep clicking "Create a plan now" and nothing is happening. Just wondering if it was my computer or if it is their end. Thanks :)

Had a "pancake" this morning and it was surprisingly nice. Had lots of fruit aswell. Just had wedges for lunch so still have healthy extras galore. Making burgers for dinner so might use my b's on mince and wholemeal roll and turn it into a green day.

Hi Jellybeans9...like the user name ;-)

I have tried the quark cheesecake - alpen light chocolate and fudge as hex b, melt in microwave for 10-20 seconds. Use the back of a spoon to push the mixture down. Mix a sachet of options white hot choc with a half a tub of quark and pour on top of the alpen base. Leave to set in the fridge for an hour then eat.

I usually just have an options hot chocolate for 2 syns and often have a KitKat (5.5 syns) or Freddo bar with it (5 syns). That's usually enough to curb my sweet /chocolate cravings.

Haha thank you jellybean33, I had a sneaky suspicion you would like it ;) And thanks for the suggestions :) I'm absolutely loving quark at the minute (especially with smoked salmon) and have recently bought some Alpen lights so will definitely be giving the cheesecake a go! Also would be a good excuse to use the GU pots I saved from about a year ago haha. I have been drinking the Options hot choc with some light cream and mini marshamallows, which I think only works out to about 5 syns. The chocolate orange one is my favourite. :) I love KitKats too! Is the 5.5 syn value for the 2 finger one? Might start buying some Freddo bars too if they're only 5 syns. I can deal with that. I hate using much more than 5 syns on a single treat, as it means less treats I can have! :D

Just found out hubby got high cholesterol which is only reason he was willing to give it a go. To be fair i couldn't tell much difference from mince. Not sure it would work so well as cottage pie. If we can make even one meal a week meat free it would help both of us.

I can't really tell the difference between Quorn/soya mince and normal beef mince either. :) Well, the textures aren't quite the same obviously, but taste-wise, there's not much difference once it's hidden in something like chilli or bolognese etc. I've actually swapped to Quorn mince because it really doesn't bother me! In fact, over the summer, I was planning to make a spaghetti bolognese for me and my boyfriend (who can be a picky eater) and found some dried soya mince that I decided to try. It was strange to pretty much prepare it as though making cous cous though! :p Luckily, my boyfriend was open to risk trying it in the bolognese anyway, and turned out to actually enjoy it! Even though he doesn't usually believe in meat-free alternatives haha.

Anyway, I reckon Quorn mince would work perfectly fine in a cottage pie. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'm sure I will when I get round to making one. So far I've only tried chilli con carne, bolognese and lasagne with it, but it's worked well in all of those. :)

Haha thank you jellybean33, I had a sneaky suspicion you would like it ;) And thanks for the suggestions :) I'm absolutely loving quark at the minute (especially with smoked salmon) and have recently bought some Alpen lights so will definitely be giving the cheesecake a go! Also would be a good excuse to use the GU pots I saved from about a year ago haha. I have been drinking the Options hot choc with some light cream and mini marshamallows, which I think only works out to about 5 syns. The chocolate orange one is my favourite. :) I love KitKats too! Is the 5.5 syn value for the 2 finger one? Might start buying some Freddo bars too if they're only 5 syns. I can deal with that. I hate using much more than 5 syns on a single treat, as it means less treats I can have! :D

Yes, 5.5 syns for the two finger ones! This week I've had their new 'toffee treat' ones, which are extra yummy! The hot choc, with cream and marshmallows sounds lush! I often break a flump up into my hot chocolate for an extra 1.5 syns, but not thought of light cream before!

Yes, 5.5 syns for the two finger ones! This week I've had their new 'toffee treat' ones, which are extra yummy! The hot choc, with cream and marshmallows sounds lush! I often break a flump up into my hot chocolate for an extra 1.5 syns, but not thought of light cream before!

Ahh I've seen the toffee KitKats recently and was so tempted because I love toffee, but so far have managed to resist! :p Before starting SW the double caramel ones were like a dream come true haha.

And I've never thought of using a flump before! But the cream on top makes it even more of a treat. I'm not sure if I have got the syns right, as it's a bit hard to judge, but it seems about right :p Either way, it's good for when you're feeling a little indulgent :)

I also made the cheesecake you suggested earlier , it was yummy :) Only problem is... it was so nice, that I now want more!!

I was SO bad the last few days, been feeling miserable with the cold and my boss was over on Thursday - out to dinner and it turned into a downward spiral but thankfully a 1lb of, it should of been more but I am determined to be a good girl this week and for extra motivation my shock absorber sports bra arrived, no excused no lol :character00115:

Also, going to the Fifty Shades of Grey film on Friday so that's my reward for a good week :)

Don't dwell on last week too much just concentrate on this week now :) Enjoy 50 Shades.. I shall see it sooner or later. We're off to Manchester on Saturday to see The Lion King and are staying over night in a nice hotel, a Christmas/Valentines present of hubby :)

My main thing is not getting board and obviously be prepared for lunch which seems to be were I am slipping up.

Got a massive pot of speedy soup on with lots of beans in it for my P!

I went over on my ankle so the gym is out this week, really annoyed. The ladies I play football with have a social lunch at the weekend and I'm trying to think of an excuse not to go... Just don't want to have another Sts this week!!

Today, I've tried to plan my syns...I don't usually do this and it can be where I go wrong I think. Also gonna try not to use any before lunch time cos then I have more to play with later in the day!

Hi all sounds like ur all doing well. My hubby has lost 9lb since start of Jan without even trying all he's done is change his job. Pleased for him but gutted at the same time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So annoyed, I've went over on my ankle and I Stepped on the scales and it is showing a massive gain not happy at all!! Asking my friend today and he said I shouldn't exercise cardiovascularly for at least 3 weeks!! this is going to put me in a tight place to reach my target now :(

Are you able to go swimming? That should be possible without putting too much weight on your ankle?

Back