DOING SW FROM HOME???

Guys...I need help! I found last week a bit of a challenge and still lost 2lb, but this week I'm finding even harder! I've gone over my syns a few times and I'm feeling like a bit of a failure :-( my will power has been awful and I've just craved sweet stuff! Any tips or words of encouragements?

Write everything down that way you can really see exactly what your having. If you want something sweet have it, but it don't have to be fattening or loads of syns. I'm loving the syn free pancakes at the moment and Quark mixed with Options and fruit! Put a picture of you at your biggest/worst pic you can find and stick it on the goody cupboard or fridge, that helps me to chose wisely. We all have our wobbles now and again, it don't make you a failure, it makes you human.
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place :)

Grrr a sts for me this week. Better than a gain at least, but not sure whats going on with me lately, up, then down, then sts im all over the place! Lol. Just want to shift a chunk to give me a good boost, but my body just does not seem to want to give it up! It seems very happy sticking smack bang in the middle of 11's (still better than the 15's I was before i guess!) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi, I am also doing slimming world from home and not having much luck! I seem to have put on weight- perhaps it's because I didn't eat many calories a day beforehand ?? any suggestions ladies?

I found that at first, I used to barely eat anything for ages but would binge on high calorie stuff making me stay the weight I am. After a week on SW my body started to respond though as is now losing weight steadily so stick with it!

Jellybean33 your doing great, looking at your weight loss, your so close to being half way there and that is awesome!!!!! Also check out your healthy BMI, I'd love to have healthy BMI status :)

Thanks! Yes, BMI is nice to kook at for a little boost! I weighed in today and I've sts, so quite relieved. And I'm feeling positive...new week, new start.

Gonna flexi syn this week to allow for a valentines day takeaway and a couple of pancakes on Tuesday (although I was reading, they are only 2 syns each??? Anyone know if that's true??).

Hi, I am also doing slimming world from home and not having much luck! I seem to have put on weight- perhaps it's because I didn't eat many calories a day beforehand ?? any suggestions ladies?

How long have you been doing it Steph? It can take a bit of time for your body to respond. What kindsnof things have you been eating? I'm sure we can help :)

Hope all you at home SW are doing alright. I am still in recovery from recent illness hopefully will be back to myself soon. Just wondering have any of you tried the new SP programme. I have the extra easy books so have tried to stick to this programme. I have been reading up on the forums and there seems to be varied results.

I haven't, mainly cos I don't really understand it haha! Xx

I find it's good for a boost but it's not particularly enjoyable. It's essentially a high protein low carb diet. I find doing the red/original days gives the same results and is less restrictive!

Yes, although I haven't tried it, that's what lots of people are saying. Think I'll stick with EE - enjoyable, do-able and you don't feel deprived. :)

Kathy

What are you allowed on a red day @siobhanh? C

Hi I am not sure about red days when I originally joined SW it was the food optimising programme that I followed. Super free and free foods, healthy extra A and B and the syns. I will dig out the pack because there was extra information in it and it might have the details. I have a feeling it's a low carb protein day but could be wrong.

I have been reading my book again today and am going to start writing all down again so it will be easier to track what I am eating.

I'm embarking on 4 days of EESP from tomorrow to hopefully give me a boost after the weekend off plan..lol.. Will be recording in my diary :)

Hi I have decided to go it alone, I was going to slimming world about two years ago, I stopped gained my weight, but ca pint face the class don't work for me I just don't enjoy it. But, I am hoping to make friends on here and help keep me motivated .
i have started two days ago!
Please can I join in with you

Back