DOING SW FROM HOME???

it is very straightforward. There are people who can do all sorts of flashy stuff with their posts. I tend to just chat to people and support where I can with finding syn values etc? It really does help to have people to bounce ideas off and ask for help from time to time.

Well I hope to get the hang of it lol good luck to you this week!
i feel horrible at the moment all my weight has gone back on, my daughter had been going through ivf then eventually got pregnant had complications but now had twin boys which is lovely...but I swear my weight gain is linked to this via stress of it all.
but been good since Saturday morning when I saw myself in the mirror...which I hate....and thought come on you can do it! I think you just got to get your mind set right.
i think I have been punishing myself by over eating and I don't know why I do it?

Hi highhopes! Sounds like you've had a really tough time of it, but you are right...you can do this! Once you start seeing the pounds come off on the scales, it really motivates you to keep at it! And there are so many choices for what you can eat, with little restrictions!

Jellybean is right highopes..just try stick at it, set yourself mini targets and don't think about the bigger picture and after a bit you don't see it as a diet...if you follow EE you hardly feel like it's a diet, it's just healthy eating really! :)

Hi Highhopes and welcome. This site is brilliant! Took me ages to find my way around it but I had great fun while doing so. The good thing as well is that, when you've commented on a thread, you can easily find the same thread again by clicking on 'Subscribed threads' at the top of your page. That way it's easy to keep track of your conversations with people. There's loads on here and one of the main things is friendship and encouragement. Think I'm a bit addicted to Mini's actually! One of the first things I do when I get home is to see what's been happening in Mini's land.

Good luck and don't forget to check in regularly, particularly if you need help with anything.

Kathy :)

Hi highhopes welcome to the site. Don't be too hard on yourself. I agree with some of the other posters here, just make some small goals for yourself. I signed up to the monthly challenges, mind you I failed miserably this month! But the support here is great. You know there are people here who have walked in your shoes and understand the struggle with weight loss. I also struggled with the feeling of punishing myself with food. It's a hard place to be at, be kind and patient with yourself. Check in regularly for support and friendship?

Hi! I decided to try slimming world at home at the beginning of the week. My auntie used to do slimming world for years before so she has given me the ins and outs of the programme.

But the one thing i don't yet understand is the over eating of fruit. If I have a meal that is lacking in speed/super speed foods, after my meal I will have a small bowl of super speed fruit. Like tonight, the only speed foods in my dinner were lettuce, cucumber and springs onion. So, after my dinner I had a small handful of raspberries and about 6 pieces of melon. Is this the right way to make up for my lack of speed or is it just plain over eating?

I'd really appreciate some guidance regarding this issue from fellow slimming worlders!

I understood the super free thing to be on your plate as in, filling up a large proportion of the plate with very low calorie veg so that you had less room for the more calorific stuff such as meat and carbs. I therefore took it to mean that if you then had a fruit salad afterwards, then that was on too of what you had eaten. I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me to have a say, a large salad covering most of your plate with a smaller portion of lasagne. This would provide less calories than a big pile of lasagne which, if made SW friendly way, can still be free! having said that, I usually do have a piece of fruit or a little fruit salad at some point in the evening after my main meal.

The trouble with me is that I really don't like a lot of salad, or a lot of vegetables! So I really am trying my best to incorporate them into my meals, but I feel that if I have super free fruit afterwards, I am compensating for the lack of vegetables in my meals and therefore my weightloss will still be sped up. Or am I better off sucking it up and just having those extra vegetables? Will I gain wait by having the extra fruit salad on top of my meal?

Well for me, the knowledge of the higher sugar content of fruit compared to that in veg makes me think that to fill up on veg is better than filling up on fruit. If you see what I mean.

Morning guys and gals! Well I finally took the leap of Faith and joined SW online yesterday morning, have toyed with the idea for months wondering if it would work for me! But I see so so so many success stories I've got to at least try? I haven't started yet as I'm trying to get my head around my meal planning for the week (probably doesn't help that I'm quite a fussy eater!) but I'm so excited to get going! After having my daughter 18 months ago I developed some really bad eating habits... Too many sweet treats and massive portions (tend to not each much during the day then starving by tea time!) busy mum club! So I'm open to any yummy lunch suggestions any of you may have? And quick and easy too would be great! I'm thinking at the minute stuff like pasta salad, if I made one with syn free salad dressing and lots of veggies it will be a free meal won't it??
Looking forward to taking this journey with you all :) x

Yes it would you can get some great syn free vinaigrette, just double check they meet the 'free' requirements of 50 or less than 50 calories per 100ml :) Good Luck... you won't regret it! I've lost (almost) 3 stone since the end of August last year! And this place is a God send! Really helps me stay on track! :)

Cor Gemsta havent you done well? Puts me to shame as im back where are was last January!! Hoping this is the year.
Good luck need2suceed. X

Welcome to the newbies!

Today I'm even more in love with sw than usual...a 4 lb loss after a good week 100% on plan! So now lost over a stone in total!

I love planning my meals for the next week!

Some of my favourite lunches are roasted veg cous cous, pasta salads, jacket potato with either beans or tuna and salad, omelettes with tomatoes, mushrooms etc in and occasionally things like banana on toast (feels like a real treat).

I try to do 1/3 of super free foods on my plate at each meal, but if needed, I have fruit after e.g. tonight's sw carbonara doesn't have much veg in, so i:'all have fruit for pud, or may book some extra peas up and serve with dinner!

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to start following Slimming World from home as well. Had a baby 11 weeks ago and with a husband that works shifts, trying to attend class would be a nightmare. My only concern is how I work out syn values. Especially those with a free food allowance? Thanks in advance for any replies :) x

Are you joining the sw online then there is a calculater. If not now ur in minis just ask theres lots of people willing to look it up for u. Also as a rule its 1syn per 20cals for a lot of foods.
Good luck.

Yep, 1 syn per 20 cals is the easiest way to work most things out (divide the cals by 20). Failing that, google usually holds the answer!

Congrats on your baby! Xx

Back