DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting Slimming World tomorrow and i'm doing it from home. I tried to join a group last Wednesday but they wouldnt have me! Due to my shift patterns I can only attend every two weeks, the lady suggested also attending the Sunday one but I wasn't keen as it's my only guaranteed day off with the kids so I cant know if I would be free or if I want to give up any time with them. Its also not a regular pattern, which I would like. So here I am, seems a little silly to turn away business but she let me become a member to get the books. I considered joining online to get Syn value calculator but £60 seems very expensive as from what I have heard it very basic and doesn't even have a food diary. Would anyone here suggest signing up? I have used WW online and Nutracheck and have been inpressed with their sites but you don't even get to try SW's without handing over the cash so I'm dubious. Are you all members not attending meetings or vetrans who have decided you can take it from here? And can anyone recommed and sites that will give me the syn values or more infomation on how I can calculate Syns.

Lovely to meet you all :)

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting Slimming World tomorrow and i'm doing it from home. I tried to join a group last Wednesday but they wouldnt have me! Due to my shift patterns I can only attend every two weeks, the lady suggested also attending the Sunday one but I wasn't keen as it's my only guaranteed day off with the kids so I cant know if I would be free or if I want to give up any time with them. Its also not a regular pattern, which I would like. So here I am, seems a little silly to turn away business but she let me become a member to get the books. I considered joining online to get Syn value calculator but £60 seems very expensive as from what I have heard it very basic and doesn't even have a food diary. Would anyone here suggest signing up? I have used WW online and Nutracheck and have been inpressed with their sites but you don't even get to try SW's without handing over the cash so I'm dubious. Are you all members not attending meetings or vetrans who have decided you can take it from here? And can anyone recommed and sites that will give me the syn values or more infomation on how I can calculate Syns.

Lovely to meet you all :)

Thanks in advance

Wow..that does seem strange! I do SW online, but tbh people here are very helpful and will check syns for you. There is a food diary on SW and of course the weekly weigh in, but in all honesty, had I found this place before signing up again to it then I would not have bothered probably re-newing the last time I did :) Good Luck and Welcome x

Hiya! I do it from home without the website membership and think I'm doing fine (lost over a stone in 7weeks so can't be going too far wrong!). I think if you have enough willpower (and in all honesty you don't need to be a saint cos the plan allows for some treats) you can easily do it alone.

Syn wise, the rule is 1 syn for every 20 cals, so if you know the calories in an item, just divide by 20 and you get your syn value! Easy!

If you're prepared to spend an hour googling sw, you'll find all the in for you need to know to get you started. I'd suggest starting with the extra easy plan -it's easy to follow and to keep on track with!

Why not try a week or two alone and if you're struggling, sign up online? Xx

Hi sixmontsto40, I also do this from home and have lost a stone since January. You are in the right place, there is always help and support available.

Now I really need to get back on track after a spectacular fall from grace over the weekend! So shopping done, day off tomorrow so will cook some soup and a plan for the week.

Hi everyone as the lady above I'm working shifts so can barely attend a group ! Have successful done this before but never reached my target! Hope you don't mind me joining in but really need the support and encouragement from ppl in the same situation! Thinking and saying out loud are two different things therefore I now commit my self to starting tomorrow !!!!! Need to lose 3 St!

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've spent the last 4 hours googling and with the books I should be good for the 1st couple of weeks. I've done myself a meal planner and have a brilliant spreadsheet I found on here that charts your BMI. I've baked some breakfast ham, mushroom, tomato and egg muffins so I'm set to go. Just have to stop myself eating them before breakfast, they look so good! I can't see it being too hard :-/

Well ladies, it seems that the universe doesnt want me to lose weight (naughty universe), after joining SW online on 26/01/15, I have recently discovered I am pregnant :D

So will continue with my healthy eating but I guess I will be back next year ;)

Well ladies, it seems that the universe doesnt want me to lose weight (naughty universe), after joining SW online on 26/01/15, I have recently discovered I am pregnant :D

So will continue with my healthy eating but I guess I will be back next year ;)

Awwww Congratulations!!

Ooh lots of newbies joining, welcome all! Wishing u all luck on ur slimming journeys and have fun here! Like to think we are a helpful friendly bunch and definitely all in the same boat so always understanding of struggles and supporting of everyone! Rant, moan, cheer, celebrate, we are all in this together :)

I myself somehow managed to lose 1lb this week after an incredibly naughty wknd! Was preparing for a gain, hoping for a sts and was over the moon with a little loss! That step closer to the next stone bracket, when I may wet myself with excitement as I havnt seen it since I was a teenager! Hahaha

And of course big congrats to aftermath on ur happy news!

I can't wait until I'm in the 11's...lol.. That will be my lightest for about 14 years. Soooo excited for my holiday now really hoping I can get down to target or very near. Will be so nice to get dressed of a night and feel I look nice and to walk around the pool without feeling like a beached whale! :)

You are doing brilliantly, Gemsta! Don't think you'll have to wait long before you ARE in the 11 stone bracket. Well done, so far!

Kathy x

Thank-you Kathy :)

Hi! I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago and have been doing the extra easy plan from home... I have only lost 2 and a half pounds and don't have a clue where I am going wrong as I feel like I'm sticking to it well! What do people find is the best way to work syns??

Thanks

Hiya... Firstly, 2 and a half lbs is a decent loss!! Celebrate it!!...people see the dramatic losses and most of those are achieved by people with a lot to loose initially. I was 16 Stone and lost 4lbs my first week. If your lighter than you have less to loose overall and will see smaller losses. Remember loosing 1-2lbs a week is a healthy loss and is said to be better kept off rather than a Crash diet, slimming World is about changing the way you eat and think about food. another thing is being females we tend to have some weeks where we are less likely to loose if you catch my drift. Do you have a diary on here? Its hard for people to give an opinion on where you may have gone wrong or not took advantage of HE or syns without seeing what you have eaten and had to drink.

Thanks!! On an average day I would be having...

Breakfast- bran flakes, milk and candarel using my healthy A and healthy B

Lunch- 2 mug shots, apple and a kiwi

Dinner- things from the slimming world books such as stir fry, spag Bol, chilli

Snacks on an average day would be- a banana, grapes, and a no added sugar hartleys jelly with a mullerlight!

To drink I have just been having no added sugar squash or fizzy water...

I am going to try and do lots of exercise this week and see if it makes a difference.

Any suggestions???

I agree, 2.5 isn't to be sniffed at. It's easy to hope for big losses and be disheartened when things don't happen as quickly as you'd like them to (yes, guilty!), but when it comes off slowly, it's easier to maintain!

Syns wise, I find having around 10 a day works best for me...flexi synning doesn't work well for me so I try and avoid doing this unless I have to (is cos of social events that'll involve food and drink).

On the whole that looks ok, but apart from possibly the Mug Shot (I'm guessing they are free ones?) the only syns I see you having are the Jellys and they tend to be only 1/2 a syn each. It's important to have what your entitled to, if your saving your syns for something later in the week ect than that's not too bad, but don't be tempted to cut them out to loose more weight, syns are there to be had as part of the diets structure. Exercise is a good thing, but remember ultimately muscle weighs more that fat, so hitting the gym, zumba classes or whatever several times a week is also going to effect this. I had a friend who did SW and was going every other day and gave up as she was not loosing anymore, but was putting on. She saw a trainer in the end and he said it was because the her muscle mass had grew hence the weight gain.

As for suggestions that looks very good. It's very early days for you yet, I really would not worry too much and as we've said 2.5lbs is a loss and a decent one. There will be weeks when no matter what you do you will STS or even may get a gain, it's part of journey and as hard as it is you need to learn to embrace them just as you do a loss :)

Well ladies, it seems that the universe doesnt want me to lose weight (naughty universe), after joining SW online on 26/01/15, I have recently discovered I am pregnant :D So will continue with my healthy eating but I guess I will be back next year ;)

Huge congratulations to you :D
I'm back here after just having a baby! (Same thing happened to me last year hahaha) x

Back