DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Mitchie. I do SW on-line and, personally, only stay subbed in for the Syn values. I do a recipe thread on here and am too worried not to be an on-line member, in case I give my Mini's friends the wrong Syn values in the recipes. Apart from that though, I have looked at all the various things on it but, for me, it doesn't offer anywhere near the same support and motivation I get from this site. Obviously, there are some people who think it's great so it's just a matter of opinion really.

Welcome and the best of luck to you though.

Kathy x

I'm a bit like Kathy, I am a online member and before I found Minis would never have thought about stopping it. It's good if you don't know much about SW like the free foods, Healthy Extras etc and are into keeping up with every little change that comes about as well as of course the access to the Syns online, recipes and the weigh in bit that tracks your loss and so on. That said I will may well cancel mine once my latest subscription runs out as I get everything I need and more from here on Minis :)

Ty guys, is there many people on here that follow the plan but don't go to either group or online, I wouldn't mind doing myself but wouldn't want people think I am taking the mick asking Syn value etc when.I don't subscribe

I think there are quite a few and most people go out of there way on here to help you out as a rule. The standard rule of thumb for syns is 20 calories=1 syn. Start a diary thread if you can that way people can sub and offer advice and help you out if you get stuck :)

Mitchie, I do it from home without any subscription and find it fine. I'm quite self motivated, which helps, but everyone on here is lovely and very helpful!

Welcome TDQ!

The more the merrier TDQ! Welcome and well done so far! :)

Yes, welcome TDQ and well done! If you do decide to subscribe on-line, mitchie, be careful to make a note of your re-subscription date, otherwise they will just continue your subscription but at a higher price. I found this out the hard way, first time round! :( Never, ever feel awkward about asking for help or Syn values on here. Mini's is just full of amazingly, lovely people and it's brilliant for help, advice, recipes, fun, moaning, just about everything really!! Love Mini's! :)

Kathy xx

Hi, Think I will join this thread. I've been a SW member since last feb and managed to shift 35lbs in about 5 months but have struggled to lose any more despite staying to class every week. I will lose 2lb and then gain or sts the following week and so on. I now struggle to get anything out of class, it's the same thing all the time and my consultant, although lovely, is stuck in a rut with the whole routine. There is very rarely any new foods out on the table, no updates on the HEX's and the evening has become a bit of a chore. Anyway, I went to group for the last time last week and have decided to do SW from home. I plan to weigh Thurs mornings. I just now need a decent pair of scales!

Hi Luisa! I'm a Thurs morn weigher too! I bought the salter scales and rate them :)

Ty guys, is there many people on here that follow the plan but don't go to either group or online, I wouldn't mind doing myself but wouldn't want people think I am taking the mick asking Syn value etc when.I don't subscribe

I do SW from home and am not a group or an online member, although I have done both in the past so I have a good knowledge of how it works and an old set of books to help me. I very rarely ask for help with syn values as I'm conscious not to take advantage of those people who are paying. I Google instead and I don't think there's anything I've looked for that I haven't found (that said I don't eat processed or packet foods really so that probably helps)

Welcome, Luisa. Sounds like you've done really well so far but I know what you mean about losing, then gaining or sts and sitting through group got a bit tedious for me too. Think you'll love this thread though so, good luck. :)

Kathy

Hi all, I am back on here after a four year absence. I lost three stone with SW then, but it has slowly been creeping back on in the last year, and now post-wedding and honeymoon, it's time to get it back off again. I don't have a group I can easily get to anymore, and online seems expensive, so I thought here was a good place to start again as I remember it as being so helpful and supportive! Hoping to lose a stone and a half...

Welcome back, MissO. So annoying, isn't it? I, too, lost 3 stone in the past (twice!) and put it all back on again! At least you've come back to Mini's so hopefully things will go well for you again now. Must admit, if I'd found Mini's first, I'm not sure I would have bothered with on-line membership either. Anyway, good luck. :)

Kathy

Ah thank you. I've put 2 out of the three back so better do it now than then! :)

Hello everyone!

Mum and I started Slimming World Online yesterday, we've literally just finished our tea (Moroccan Chicken Stew) which was lovely! :eek:)

Welcome slimjim :)

Back